Page 256 of 302 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 9031
    adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    Curls looked really gay. Like really really gay.
    This. If I saw someone in the gym doing that I would think they were the biggest ******* ever...
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    This. If I saw someone in the gym doing that I would think they were the biggest ******* ever...
    And then you would see them repping out 315 on bench and 405 on squats, and sprint to the squat rack and start doing them.

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

what do you think?

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post

I have noticed that even when my legs appear symmetrically placed on the ground, they don't FEEL symmetrically placed, and thats due to one leg being bigger..
    Its all psychological you goose

Nice vid too, good listening
    Last edited by Ironlife; 08-21-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mt Everest is in Nepal mate
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "You can't not think overtraining exists and simultaneously not be retarded, it's as simple as that"
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134647881

Sponsored by nutrition warehouse. www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Mt Everest is in Nepal mate
    its on the border, and China is stronger, so it belongs to China.

Originally Posted by Tom Bro View Post
    "You can't not think overtraining exists and simultaneously not be retarded, it's as simple as that"
    problem?

Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    problem?
    lol nah man. just thought it was an awesome way to finish the video.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134647881

Sponsored by nutrition warehouse. www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au

KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I liked the vid, nice job putting it in simple terms

I noticed you talked about how those lifters in russia have less stress in the terms of things external to lifting. How big of a factor can say cramming for finals or drinking all night have on your work capacity or ability to perform in your opinion? I know it varies but if you could just talk about it a bit that would help
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172642181

Originally Posted by Tom Bro View Post
    lol nah man. just thought it was an awesome way to finish the video.
    I am the zyzz of the periodization
    Originally Posted by KevinAlvarez123 View Post
    I liked the vid, nice job putting it in simple terms

I noticed you talked about how those lifters in russia have less stress in the terms of things external to lifting. How big of a factor can say cramming for finals or drinking all night have on your work capacity or ability to perform in your opinion? I know it varies but if you could just talk about it a bit that would help
    I like to think of it like this. (this would actually be pretty fun to make a video about)

I strongly believe in a concept called ego depletion. There is considerable scientific data to support its existence, and combined with my experiences, I am going to train as if its scientific fact.

Pretend you have a giant bowl full of a liquid somewhere within your body. This liquid is what enables your body to push through very difficult mental and physical goal oriented challenges, but every time you do one of these challanges, your supply diminishes. As your supply diminishes, your ability to "will" yourself to do something diminishes significantly and proportionally to the lost supply of this liquid. Every time you do a 20 rep squat set for example, you are depleting this supply. So in essence, this liquid is responsible for what you call "will power".

Now obviously this is an extreme reductionism of the concept, and the actual logistics here are way more in depth. There is some evidence that glucose may be one of these substrates responsible for motivation, and if I have time I might find the studies. Interestingly enough, social influences have an effect as well, positive reinforcement improves cognitive performances on concentration or will power related tasks as well, which I think is probably due to phenomenon that occur at the cellular level within the brain. It wouldn't surprise me if through some mechanism that neurons are able to uptake greater amounts of glucose in the presence of this reinforcement.

KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I strongly believe in a concept called ego depletion. There is considerable scientific data to support its existence, and combined with my experiences, I am going to train as if its scientific fact.

Pretend you have a giant bowl full of a liquid somewhere within your body. This liquid is what enables your body to push through very difficult mental and physical goal oriented challenges, but every time you do one of these challanges, your supply diminishes. As your supply diminishes, your ability to "will" yourself to do something diminishes significantly and proportionally to the lost supply of this liquid. Every time you do a 20 rep squat set for example, you are depleting this supply. So in essence, this liquid is responsible for what you call "will power".

Now obviously this is an extreme reductionism of the concept, and the actual logistics here are way more in depth. There is some evidence that glucose may be one of these substrates responsible for motivation, and if I have time I might find the studies. Interestingly enough, social influences have an effect as well, positive reinforcement improves cognitive performances on concentration or will power related tasks as well, which I think is probably due to phenomenon that occur at the cellular level within the brain. It wouldn't surprise me if through some mechanism that neurons are able to uptake greater amounts of glucose in the presence of this reinforcement.
    Would you say there is some sort of threshold limit to this? I often feel like the more I do in and out of the gym, the more I can do (if that makes sense). Laying around all day doesn't necessarily do much for my motivation at work, in my studies, or in the gym. Is there some type of momentum or built up capacity for this thing. Your opinion seems theoretical which I can appreciate, but it still seems a bit open to interpretation. I am wondering if this type of what you call "bowl of liquid" can be expanded or shrank based on life experience.

Would you say there is some sort of threshold limit to this? I often feel like the more I do in and out of the gym, the more I can do (if that makes sense). Laying around all day doesn't necessarily do much for my motivation at work, in my studies, or in the gym. Is there some type of momentum or built up capacity for this thing. Your opinion seems theoretical which I can appreciate, but it still seems a bit open to interpretation. I am wondering if this type of what you call "bowl of liquid" can be expanded or shrank based on life experience.
    A threshold limit as in a set amount that ANY person can attain? No, its definitely something that varies from person to person. However, every person definitely has their own set limit as to what they can achieve.

You have to keep in mind that even though you feel you can do more when you're active, this doesn't equate to do you ACTUALLY being able to do more. Like I said, social interaction and positive reinforcement also have to shown to "replenish" this bowl of liquid. Now, this may sound a little spiritual and ghey, but its explanation is purely scientific in nature, I promise. Different neural circuitry and neurotransmitters are active/released when you experience these positive emotions, so they very well might aid in replenishing the liquid.

This moves me to the next point. Just like glycogen/ATP/fatigue resistance, you most likely CANT build up a significantly large store of this substrate than you were born with. However, you almost definitely CAN adapt in a way that causes your body to replenish the lost supply a lot faster. So in that sense, your capacity to do hard stuff can increase exponentially without actually needing more of this liquid.

You need to keep in mind that this liquid/substrate is a real substance/substances and that it takes up space and weight in the brain. It would not be efficient to store massive amounts of it.

Let me know if I am being too scientific in explaining or not scientific enough.

A threshold limit as in a set amount that ANY person can attain? No, its definitely something that varies from person to person. However, every person definitely has their own set limit as to what they can achieve.

You have to keep in mind that even though you feel you can do more when you're active, this doesn't equate to do you ACTUALLY being able to do more. Like I said, social interaction and positive reinforcement also have to shown to "replenish" this bowl of liquid. Now, this may sound a little spiritual and ghey, but its explanation is purely scientific in nature, I promise. Different neural circuitry and neurotransmitters are active/released when you experience these positive emotions, so they very well might aid in replenishing the liquid.

This moves me to the next point. Just like glycogen/ATP/fatigue resistance, you most likely CANT build up a significantly large store of this substrate than you were born with. However, you almost definitely CAN adapt in a way that causes your body to replenish the lost supply a lot faster. So in that sense, your capacity to do hard stuff can increase exponentially without actually needing more of this liquid.

You need to keep in mind that this liquid/substrate is a real substance/substances and that it takes up space and weight in the brain. It would not be efficient to store massive amounts of it.
    so we are forever lazy?

edit: not too scientific, I can understand it thus far
    Last edited by KevinAlvarez123; 08-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.

so we are forever lazy?
    forever limited in our ability to motivate ourselves.

Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd like to see you be a bit more scientific if you don't mind. This is very interesting stuff.
    Planted like a tree beside the river of truth.

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    interesting vid, good watch
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

I'd like to see you be a bit more scientific if you don't mind. This is very interesting stuff.
    What specifically do you want to know more about?

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    interesting vid, good watch
    I might make one on ego depletion since apparently its interesting.

Hypertropification

Decline bench
    New idea

135x10
    205x8
    275x1
    315x8 <--- only got 1 extra rep out of it, not really worth it
    365x1 ..... too tired from 315 set, wanted 3-4
    275x10
    275x8
    185x12

DB incline
    50x3x12

Overhead extensions
    120x15
    140x12
    160x10
    190x8 (this was as heavy as the stack went)

reverse flys
    ?x15
    ?x2x10

Pull ups
    x12
    x10
    x7 wide
    x6 wide

thoughts

idk

Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What specifically do you want to know more about?
    Just throw some sciency nuggets in the ego depletion vid that you're gonna make. Like theories on what this substance is and evidence and how to replenish it quicker.. And what specific neurotransmitters are involved.

Nearly 10 reps with 315 on decline = strong man. Keep at it man, hows recovery so far? I suppose with relatively low intensity it wouldnt be too much of an issue
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just throw some sciency nuggets in the ego depletion vid that you're gonna make. Like theories on what this substance is and evidence and how to replenish it quicker.. And what specific neurotransmitters are involved.
    Meh, not sure if gonna make a video on ego depletion, just ask what u want know.

Nearly 10 reps with 315 on decline = strong man. Keep at it man, hows recovery so far? I suppose with relatively low intensity it wouldnt be too much of an issue
    Lots of DOMS

kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    RE: overtraining
    Do you think that most people who take a week off because they are 'overtrained' are actually overtrained, or underadapted. For example if they just pushed through being 'overtrained' (as they call it) for a few weeks / months / however long, wouldn't their body adapt. This is in regards to people who lift 3 to 4 times a week, not those olympic lifters maxing out twice a day.

Also is it even possible to overtrain lifting 3 times a week? How about twice a week? etc.
    Sheiko Training Log!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147680953

PB's / GOAL's (end of 2012)
    S: 336x1 / 397x1
    B: 198x1 / 237x1
    D: 440x1 / 468x1
    T: 976 / 1102

Bodyweight

MAY 2011 - 67.8kg (149.5lbs)
    APR 2012 - 85.6kg (188.7lbs)
    AUG 2012 - 76.1kg (167.8lbs)

Great vid again Andrew

Originally Posted by kayne695 View Post
    Also is it even possible to overtrain lifting 3 times a week? How about twice a week? etc.
    Short answer yes, but LIME can explain
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nevermind I'll just look it up.

In your latest video, you should've emphasized that the taller person has more potential for strength because they can put on more mass and then train that mass to be efficient. Retards might interpret it as you saying that taller people are automatically stronger.

Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggernaut0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Moar flat bench plz.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136366931

Nevermind I'll just look it up.

In your latest video, you should've emphasized that the taller person has more potential for strength because they can put on more mass and then train that mass to be efficient. Retards might interpret it as you saying that taller people are automatically stronger.
    equal frames = taller person automatically stronger

Originally Posted by kayne695 View Post
    RE: overtraining
    Do you think that most people who take a week off because they are 'overtrained' are actually overtrained, or underadapted. For example if they just pushed through being 'overtrained' (as they call it) for a few weeks / months / however long, wouldn't their body adapt. This is in regards to people who lift 3 to 4 times a week, not those olympic lifters maxing out twice a day.

Its theoretically possible to overtrain in 10 minutes once a week, it has nothing to do with the amount of days you train.

Training through overtraining is retarded, you can't become less overtrained by overtraining even more.

Great vid again Andrew

Short answer yes, but LIME can explain
    thanks IjewO

Originally Posted by Juggernaut0 View Post
    Moar flat bench plz.
    No *******, only decline bench forever

ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You consider goin to a chiropractor to see how your hips are aligned? Might give some insight into why your legs developed differently...
    follow me on IG @ampUP11

kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kayne695 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think we misunderstood eachother. I more meant are people 'overtrained' or just 'overreaching' for a while.
    Sheiko Training Log!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147680953

PB's / GOAL's (end of 2012)
    S: 336x1 / 397x1
    B: 198x1 / 237x1
    D: 440x1 / 468x1
    T: 976 / 1102

Bodyweight

MAY 2011 - 67.8kg (149.5lbs)
    APR 2012 - 85.6kg (188.7lbs)
    AUG 2012 - 76.1kg (167.8lbs)

Page 256 of 302 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 ... LastLast