take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Can a woman with stretch marks still make it as a fitness model?

Just wondering...

Since I went through menopause at around 12 and I wasn't eating right, I put a lot of weight on my mid-section when I was younger.

As a result, I have stretch marks on my stomach.

I plan on becoming a fitness model and really pushing my way into the industry next year after I drop another 10%bf, but I wonder if my stretch marks will prevent me.

Any thoughts?

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Photoshop is a pretty amazing thing....
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Photoshop is a pretty amazing thing....
    Agreed - but do you think a magazine would want to pick a model that they would need to do a bunch of photoshoping on?

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even models with "flawless" skin get photoshopped, so I'd say yes if they like you. I guess the goal would be to be so awesome in other areas that the stretch marks seem trivial in comparison.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Even models with "flawless" skin get photoshopped, so I'd say yes if they like you. I guess the goal would be to be so awesome in other areas that the stretch marks seem trivial in comparison.
    Good point. I don't think they'd turn down a killer body over something they can photoshop - I never thought about that. lol

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I will have to say that I'm skeptical that someone with a lot of stretch marks will get a job of a fitness model. Fitness models are a dime a dozen. Why would an advertiser hire someone with stretch marks when there's someone else out there with a rockin' bod and no stretch marks.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I will have to say that I'm skeptical that someone with a lot of stretch marks will get a job of a fitness model. Fitness models are a dime a dozen. Why would an advertiser hire someone with stretch marks when there's someone else out there with a rockin' bod and no stretch marks.
    ^ the answer I was afraid of.

But, maybe their story? Which is one thing I have. Not just a weight loss story, but health in general?

I donno - I won't stop trying...but I was wondering what the general consensus was.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly, I dont think it will matter. If you are commercial and can market yourself, and you have a great body, then no i dont think it will matter. Plus if you do tanning, that will even out the skin tone and make them less visable.. Everyone is photoshopped, and if you are not baring your tummy, then it wont matter at all in a photoshoot. Not all models show their tummy.
    And part of it is how personable you are. Even if you had no stretch marks, if you have a bad attitude and are hard to work with, no one is going to want to hire you. So market yourself correctly and you could find work.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just wanted to add, I don't have many but as I have gotten leaner they have gotten even less noticeable. Get some strivectin sd that stuff actually does work for some people. It helped mine and I don't use it nearly as often as I should.
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever" ~Lance Armstrong

"You only get one shot at life, and as time goes by, days go by, and years go by, you do not get them back. Make time to accomplish what you want in life." ~Rachel Cosgrove

Any time you use the word "try", you may as well replace it with, " I am giving myself an out because I am planning to fail." ~R. Cosgrove

hmcarter2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by take.it.off View Post
    I donno - I won't stop trying...but I was wondering what the general consensus was.
    Don't stop trying, but don't let it consume you and don't get your spirits down if you never get considered. Most women have stretch marks ( I got them from bearing an 11 lb baby, then a 9.5 lb baby ) and I would, personally, like to see more "realness" in photos. They even photoshop out tattoos, moles, etc. in some cases. It's the little flaws in people I find so fascinating!

matkavlk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I say absolutely go for it! I personally have awful stretch marks..there is no way to hide them. i got them from being pregnant, having to take steroids during my pregancy which resulted rapid weight gain..and just bad genes...but that's ok. I like my stretch marks because they will always represent a struggling time in my life and how it made my life better.. i really hope you do land a job as a fitness model. I'm not in that good of shape yet but i'd like to eventually follow that line of work. To answer your question, yes there are some people who won't hire you because of your stretch marks..but personally i think fitness magazines should include people with stretch marks, it's a real issue not just for women but also for men bodybuilders. I say go for it and best of luck. Personally i'm doing my first figure competition this summer and no i'm not gonna cover my stretch marks... I would LOVE to see a fitness model on the cover of a magazine with stretch marks! But then again in that industry, it's hard to find images of "real" women. Best of luck to you.