X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hmm, pain in collar bone while doing bench press?

This is actually a question for a friend of mine. Whenever he does bench press or similar exercises such as incline dumbbell presses he says that he gets a pain in his left collar bone. Anyone ever heard of this? Any suggestions? Thanks...

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yep have done it

He shouldn't do anything that hurts it for a few weeks.

And don't play around with it and try to be "tough" and fight through it, it will only make it worse and worse until it forces you to stop.

My also try icing the area, i remember that dulled the pain.

I also recommend doing a broomstick rotations for it. Helped me

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by X-Mark-X View Post
    This is actually a question for a friend of mine. Whenever he does bench press or similar exercises such as incline dumbbell presses he says that he gets a pain in his left collar bone. Anyone ever heard of this? Any suggestions? Thanks...
    If it's around the front delt area it could be the AC joint (possibly a grade I separation). If it's down the other end, below the neck, it could be the sternoclavicular joint. Either way trying to train through it won't make it better.

X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, he actually hasn't lifted in over a year, and he had his first day back in the gym yesterday and I was making him a routine and this is when we discovered the pain. It wasn't the result of anything we did yesterday because he mentioned the pain right when we started, so I'm thinking rest alone might not be enough? Anyway thanks for the helpful responses you guys. I'll refer him to those links Dom.