edgab2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edgab2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long should you be on Keto?

I have read somethings about Keto, and a lot of people have said because you need to keep balanced you cannot live the rest of your life on a Keto diet. You need to keep a balance between things.

So how long should you be on a Keto diet and also what are some diets that would be recommended to switch to?

edgab2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edgab2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Posted in wrong section sorry.

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    some mod here, fitnessman was on it for years
    You don't need a reason to help people.
    RIP Zyzz & Greg Plitt, my two biggest inspirations.

Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i couldnt see why you couldnt stay on it for the rest of your life,Eileen on here is on it over ten years as far as i know.

and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Peter-1 View Post
    i couldnt see why you couldnt stay on it for the rest of your life,Eileen on here is on it over ten years as far as i know.
    This!

ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra2commando has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i couldnt see why you couldnt stay on it for the rest of your life.
    Just so long as it doesn't cause the rest of your life to be shorter =)
    J/k, I like low carb, tho not necessarily keto.

IMO as soon as you start to plateau due to slowing of metabolism and can't calories too much, that the time to stop
    No mater what the issue is, someone will always find a way to take it too seriously

Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Peter-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ra2commando View Post
    Just so long as it doesn't cause the rest of your life to be shorter =)
    J/k, I like low carb, tho not necessarily keto.

IMO as soon as you start to plateau due to slowing of metabolism and can't calories too much, that the time to stop
    why would it cause the rest of my life to be shorter?

you can plateau with any diet,i feel much healther on keto,i was on it for 11 weeks when i took a 2 week break,back on it since last monday and consider this a better way of life,well for me anyway.

rexio83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexio83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been on it for 9 months now, seeing as how great my body has responded to it I feel this will be a lifestyle for me, I don't mean I 'll stay in keto for the rest of my life, but all the carbs that I consume are accounted for. When I was researching the topic before I started I came across a few studies that supported ketogenic diet to be safe, and actually may extend your life (as long as you don't have any medical issues) i.e.. Diabetes.

GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can keep at it until you reach your goals. yanno, anywhere from weeks to years.

GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymRat1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    btw its used for some forms of epilepsy and those peopel stay on it their whole lives. so there sholdnt be anythin wrong with staying on it for as long as you want.

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to say that I have heard keto is not a long-term diet. When I did keto last time my kidneys started messing up. I was weak. My work performance was horrible. I was light headed, tired and moody. Maybe some of use just need carbohydrates. I think we can be on a low low low carb diet and be healthy but keto--with all those fats? not so much. My cholesterol was through the roof--I almost got disqualified for Aviation.

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    I have to say that I have heard keto is not a long-term diet. When I did keto last time my kidneys started messing up. I was weak. My work performance was horrible. I was light headed, tired and moody. Maybe some of use just need carbohydrates. I think we can be on a low low low carb diet and be healthy but keto--with all those fats? not so much. My cholesterol was through the roof--I almost got disqualified for Aviation.
    how long were you into keto when you were experiencing those symptoms? maybe you weren't fat adapted quite yet? I personally never experienced the "fogginess" that many people explain except for maybe a couple days 2 weeks into keto

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kwebbers View Post
    how long were you into keto when you were experiencing those symptoms? maybe you weren't fat adapted quite yet? I personally never experienced the "fogginess" that many people explain except for maybe a couple days 2 weeks into keto
    What she ^^^ said. If you were to stay on Keto for months, not weeks all the so called problems with it go away as you become adjusted to using fat for your primary energy source. Keto is NOT unhealthy, and in fact is how we evolved to eat, its good for you!
    I'm a sad little man

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's the strict Atkins Induction phase type of Keto that you can't do longterm..which consists of 20g of carbs a day from greens and cheese. That's why there are "phases".

A lot of people do "Low carb" for life once the weight loss is gone and they are just staying away from bread and stupid sh*t..they are not actually in ketosis 24/7.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    What she ^^^ said. If you were to stay on Keto for months, not weeks all the so called problems with it go away as you become adjusted to using fat for your primary energy source. Keto is NOT unhealthy, and in fact is how we evolved to eat, its good for you!
    I was in complete ketosis, I was doing keto for 2 months. I actually was peeing high levels of ketones according to my UA I took for the Army. Some bodies are not meant to be without carbohydrates. We are all different and I don't consider a life without carbs a lifestyle. We need them. It's science.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was in complete ketosis, I was doing keto for 2 months. I actually was peeing high levels of ketones according to my UA I took for the Army. Some bodies are not meant to be without carbohydrates. We are all different and I don't consider a life without carbs a lifestyle. We need them. It's science.
    If you are going to bring science into it, I think it would prove that we DONT actually need carbs but I do agree with you that the "lifestyle" is definitely not for everyone

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

Registered User dustinshumate45's Avatar
    dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    isn't ketosis dangerous?

Being in ketosis by following a low carbohydrate diet is NOT dangerous. The human body was designed to use ketones very efficiently as fuel in the absence of glucose. However, the word ketosis is often confused with a similar word, ketoacidosis.

Ketoacidosis is a dangerous condition for diabetics, and the main element is ACID not ketones. The blood pH becomes dangerously acidic because of an extremely high blood SUGAR level (the diabetic has no insulin, or doesn't respond to insulin .... so blood sugar rises ... ketones are produced by the body to provide the fuel necessary for life, since the cells can't use the sugar). It's the high blood sugar, and the acid condition that is so dangerous. Ketones just happen to be a part of the picture, and are a RESULT of the condition, not the CAUSE. Diabetics can safely follow a ketogenic diet to lose fat weight ... but they must be closely monitored by their health care provider, and blood sugars need to be kept low, and stable.

Originally Posted by dustinshumate45 View Post
    isn't ketosis dangerous?

Being in ketosis by following a low carbohydrate diet is NOT dangerous. The human body was designed to use ketones very efficiently as fuel in the absence of glucose. However, the word ketosis is often confused with a similar word, ketoacidosis.

Ketoacidosis is a dangerous condition for diabetics, and the main element is ACID not ketones. The blood pH becomes dangerously acidic because of an extremely high blood SUGAR level (the diabetic has no insulin, or doesn't respond to insulin .... so blood sugar rises ... ketones are produced by the body to provide the fuel necessary for life, since the cells can't use the sugar). It's the high blood sugar, and the acid condition that is so dangerous. Ketones just happen to be a part of the picture, and are a RESULT of the condition, not the CAUSE. Diabetics can safely follow a ketogenic diet to lose fat weight ... but they must be closely monitored by their health care provider, and blood sugars need to be kept low, and stable.

We all reply based on personal experiences. While I read over and over how people on this forum live off keto diets, I cannot. I was miserable for those two months. My run time on my pt test did improve, but I went from lifting 20-25lb dumbbells to maybe 10 lb dumbbells. I had no enery, I was exhausted, tired and had a horrible immune system. When I went back on carbs, I felt so much better. Like I said, every one is different.
    It is also science that states the brain functions off of carbohydrates. Not fats. Only when in growing do people use fats to support brain function. That's why people who are on keto are usually more forgetful, sluggish, etc. Based on personal experience and the research I have done in my spare time.
    I just know that although I am doing keto, I definitely wouldn't live this way forever.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

Registered User dustinshumate45's Avatar
    dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustinshumate45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    there was a recent study in which a very low carbohydrate ‘ketogenic’ diet was tested in individuals with ‘mild cognitive impairment’ (reduced brain function associated with ageing but not severe enough to be classified as dementia) [1]. Half of the group in this study were randomised to eat the ketogenic diet, the other half ate a diet rich in carbohydrate. The study lasted 6 weeks.

The researchers found that those eating the ketogenic diet, compared to the other group, saw significant improvement in their ‘verbal memory’ (memory of words and other abstractions involving language). Also, generally speaking, the higher their ketone levels, the better their verbal memory tended to be. The suggestion here is that ketones provide ready fuel for the brain, and may enhance ‘cognitive function’.

Aside from memory improvement, those in the ketogenic diet also saw significant benefits in terms of weight loss and waist circumference reduction, as well as reductions in fasting blood glucose and insulin levels. Taken as a whole, these results suggest that carbohydrate restriction sufficient to induce ketosis offers, in the short term at least, significant advantages for both body and brain.

science aside the first week of keto caused me to be tired and forgetful and everything you said but after the first week my energy sky rocketed i have a better mental focus and i feel great and when i ate carbs i always felt full and sluggish so from my experience and what i have read low carb diets are great for long term overall health the only problem is the limitation of the food you can eat but if you learn how to cook a little bit this is easy to overcome. just my input

BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I plan to, it's a much healthier way to live. You don't need carbs. Our ancestors survived this way for over two million years, meat and fat are the foods the gave us larger brains and got here in the first place.

Sprtclmbr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We all reply based on personal experiences. While I read over and over how people on this forum live off keto diets, I cannot. I was miserable for those two months. My run time on my pt test did improve, but I went from lifting 20-25lb dumbbells to maybe 10 lb dumbbells. I had no enery, I was exhausted, tired and had a horrible immune system. When I went back on carbs, I felt so much better. Like I said, every one is different.
    It is also science that states the brain functions off of carbohydrates. Not fats. Only when in growing do people use fats to support brain function. That's why people who are on keto are usually more forgetful, sluggish, etc. Based on personal experience and the research I have done in my spare time.
    I just know that although I am doing keto, I definitely wouldn't live this way forever.
    I'm not trying to be rude or start an argument at all. Please don't misunderstand. But it sounds like, from the symptoms you have described yourself as having experienced, that your doing something wrong. Generally speaking that particular symptom set is indicative of deficiencies in one or more of the following; magnesium, sodium, potassium, or water. I would investigate that first. With regard to everyone being different, that is true to an extent, but at the biological level, ie what we can or cannot use as fuel or what fuel the brain runs better on, we are actually pretty much all the same. The exception being hunter gatherer societies near the arctic. In which case they actually get something like 70 percent of their calories from fat and almost zero from carbs. Basically the extreme opposite of what you're suggesting. From an evolutionary stand point high carb diets in general and sugar specifically are unnatural for lack of a better term. I would imagine that if you experimented with the aforementioned items you would have a better experience. I've been on keto for three years. I had these same issues when I started out. I made the same arguments. Like maybe it just wasn't for me. Fortunately I had someone guide me. I got honest with myself and got in control. Result: I'm thirty pounds lighter, performing at a consistently higher level, and an stronger than I've ever been. I'm climbing harder stuff than I ever have. Even the connective tissue in my hands and shoulders, which is the weak link in most climbers, are stronger . My guess is that you need to look at those things I mentioned and make sure youre staying in keto. The sticks don't work after a couple of weeks on a keto diet. So You may be slipping in and out for some reason. I did. The culprit was barbeque sauce. Lol. Also, if you look into brain function, you'll see that they actually put children and adults with epilepsy on ketogenic diets. Why? Your brain runs better on Ketones than carbs. For this reason, Many experience a type of clarity or euphoria while in ketosis. Anyway, good luck. And don't get discouraged and miss out on a great thing. Remember, if you argue for your limitations, they'll be yours.

helocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am planning on hitting my weight goals then to start to carb cycle once a week. This will help me stay on the Keto path but also put some carbs back into my diet overall. I do miss beer.

Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good reply

Josee28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

question about potassium, magnesium and sodium.

Originally Posted by Sprtclmbr View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude or start an argument at all. Please don't misunderstand. But it sounds like, from the symptoms you have described yourself as having experienced, that your doing something wrong. Generally speaking that particular symptom set is indicative of deficiencies in one or more of the following; magnesium, sodium, potassium, or water. I would investigate that first. With regard to everyone being different, that is true to an extent, but at the biological level, ie what we can or cannot use as fuel or what fuel the brain runs better on, we are actually pretty much all the same. The exception being hunter gatherer societies near the arctic. In which case they actually get something like 70 percent of their calories from fat and almost zero from carbs. Basically the extreme opposite of what you're suggesting. From an evolutionary stand point high carb diets in general and sugar specifically are unnatural for lack of a better term. I would imagine that if you experimented with the aforementioned items you would have a better experience. I've been on keto for three years. I had these same issues when I started out. I made the same arguments. Like maybe it just wasn't for me. Fortunately I had someone guide me. I got honest with myself and got in control. Result: I'm thirty pounds lighter, performing at a consistently higher level, and an stronger than I've ever been. I'm climbing harder stuff than I ever have. Even the connective tissue in my hands and shoulders, which is the weak link in most climbers, are stronger . My guess is that you need to look at those things I mentioned and make sure youre staying in keto. The sticks don't work after a couple of weeks on a keto diet. So You may be slipping in and out for some reason. I did. The culprit was barbeque sauce. Lol. Also, if you look into brain function, you'll see that they actually put children and adults with epilepsy on ketogenic diets. Why? Your brain runs better on Ketones than carbs. For this reason, Many experience a type of clarity or euphoria while in ketosis. Anyway, good luck. And don't get discouraged and miss out on a great thing. Remember, if you argue for your limitations, they'll be yours.
    I have been on keto for 4 months. I could not lose any weight. I am on 1200-1400 calories and I follow my macros. I am 5.8 and my weight is 168. I need to loose weight because I have a thin bones and mostly my weight is fat). Sometimes I lose 2-3- pounds but immediately gain them back. I don’t have any health issues. I am vegetarian , but I eat eggs and fish. Any ideas what the problem can’t be? I am in ketosis I check it every day. The other question is about potassium, magnesium and sodium. How to figure out the right amount and to overdose it? I feel like I need it because my pulse sometimes too high for me -84 . ( usually its 68)I do yoga almost every day. Why I am not losing any weight? Thank you !

netster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 11 Days in...

So I'm 11 days in. I've dropped nearly 3kgs in weight since starting. I train mainly weightlifting, minimal cardio and have seen nil effects so far in terms of lifting capacity. Looks wise -- well I've never looked better. Skin is much healthier, fat disappearing from all over the place.

Dexa Scan due on day 14, will be interesting to see what this shows.
    Bloods due on day 14 also.
    Urinalysis showed I entered Ketosis, with a positive reading on day 3, and a ++ reading on day 5. My U/A is still showing positive for ketones (++), but was in +++ on day 8.
    BSL / BGL: Stable. Averaging under 5.
    Sleep. According to the fitbit, I have less restless nights, and definitely a longer sleep.
    Sex Drive: Increased.
    Fluids: Initially passing lots of urine (first four days). Increased fluid intake.
    Nil problems with constipation.
    Tracking everything using myfitness pal. Macros: 80% FAT, 20% Protein, 5% Carbs. I achieve this pretty much every day.
    I still have a "foggy" feeling in terms of memory & concentration.

All in all, I'm going well and feel good.

Plan is, see how everything holds up from the blood tests and then perhaps use IF (Intermittent Fasting) and Keto to manage my weight. From what I've researched so far, Keto is a way of life for many, but for me I'd like to introduce it and then use IF for a couple of days a week, then hit keto again.

KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I second this^