Thread: "skinny-fat"

fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"skinny-fat"

hey guys, I havent been on this site in a long long time so I dont really know if anything like this has been posted before. Basically, I am wondering whats the best way to get rid of the "skinny-fat" look.

I'm 5'7" 153lbs. I'm not exactly "skinny" (I have a fairly mesomorphic body structure) but I do have a good amount of fat on my stomach/chest area. It's been concerning lately because it's been slowly getting worse as I have been inactive from the gym for a few months now. My main concern is losing the fat, but I also want to tone up well. I dont want to get bulky or anything like that because the way I am shaped it looks very weird lol.

My ideal body shape is something like a boxer. Someone like Victor Ortiz or Miguel Cotto you know? They're not bulky at all, but have good muscle definition and little fat. Here are some pictures of my ideal body type

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...abSLnFEGTl.jpg

http://pugilismandthepen.com/wordpre...ght-action.jpg
    MTS Nutrition Machine Whey
    PrimaForce CreaForm
    d3, fish oil, multi

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep in mind that "toning" is simply a function of getting leaner, and any specific exercise regimen is going to have far less impact vs. diet.

To achieve a lightweight boxer physique, well, it would be best to take up boxing and start competing at a low weight class (i.e. lose a lot of fat). Boxers typically have well-developed arms, shoulders, traps, and midsections, but their physiques are primarily on the awesome side IMO because they are so lean. The examples in the pics are probably mid-single-digits %BF. The hardest part would be maintaining that year-round. I suspect that the majority of those guys are typically 10% or under most of the time, quite lean, but not fighting-weight lean unless they have to be.

If you have sufficient muscle mass now, it will be a matter of hard dieting (and finding a dieting approach that works best for you as you get very lean), lifting to maintain lean body mass, and possibly cardio depending on your dieting approach.
    Way more Xtreme Fitbitter than MissLadyJ or kureransu

fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that I got this way from undereating. For the last few years i've been eating (or atleast I think I have) been eating either way under or way over what I should be.

My doctor recently told me someone my size shouldn't exceed 2300 calories a day to stay in shape. To be honest, I dont think I was eating this. I've never been a real big eater.

Some days I would wake up around 11am, completely skip lunch and eat dinner only at around 7pm, and then just snack at night. Other days I would eat lunch and stuff, but drink a lot of soda/gatorade and all that junk.

I just had lunch, and counted the calories in it. It came to about 450 calories. I definitely was not eating enough. If I eat ~400 cals a meal 5-6 times a day I should be fine right? Before when I was eating only lunch and dinner my meals were the same size, making me beleive I was only getting around ~1200 calories a day of actual food.
    MTS Nutrition Machine Whey
    PrimaForce CreaForm
    d3, fish oil, multi