Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User iOnlyTrainBiceps's Avatar
    iOnlyTrainBiceps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do I have a legit shot at playing college football? (srs)

Be honest with your opinions. I am being honest and serious here. Here is some background info:

I have played football before, but only a couple of seasons and didn't get too much playing time because of my size. I will be in college in a year (hoping to go to somewhere like Arizona or ASU or something like that). I am 5'5, 115 LBS right now. LOL at me I don't give a ****. Shytty genetics are shytty. I to be honest don't know when I will be done growing. It seems like it will be soon, but I dunno. With 2 years of training, do you guys think I have a legitimate shot at walking onto a team like Arizona State or Arizona (or another "lesser" D1 school)?

Again, I am being serious here. I have a feeling I can be in the 5'6-5'8 range 2 years from now and I can easily be 170+ by then as well with a good diet and routine.

You have no idea how bad I want to play college football, but of course I am blessed with being this short and this small over all. I am really looking for serious and honest answers here. Also, tips from anyone that has played at the next level. I don't know where I would want to play though to be honest. It would be down to safety, WR, and RB. I have good hands for someone that hasn't played in 2 years and had the best hands on my team no question, no e-brag.

Also, I want to start looking into supplements. Any ideas? I have been in weight lifting like I said for about a year now off and on, but have never looked into supplements. I take my whey protein each day after I workout and that is it. No question I have gotten stronger over the past 2 months in the gym, but it's a matter of getting stronger and bigger.

edit: One last thing. I have now heard from more than one person, that you can grow taller with Zinc. I don't understand how that is possible, but 3 different people have now told me that it is true. Is it?

cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No lie...its gunna be tough man...**** the height you cant control that....you gotta get that weight up, and be the fiercest mofo out there....work on technique...perfect it...show heart...and be the smartest player on the field...(especially at S)....but maybe think about corner too...

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have no shot at a D1 school. At your height and weight...no chance. If you gain 70 lbs of muscle...maybe, but still probably not.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get to work right now. What are you waiting for? I have crappy genetics too but I don't sit around and complain about them anymore, they just make me work harder.

Get on a serious diet and weightlifting program now.

5/3/1 for Football or WS4SB3 are the ones I would recommend.

You seriously need to work on speed if you want to go anywhere at that size.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

livindadream1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustCurious1 View Post
    Be honest with your opinions. I am being honest and serious here. Here is some background info:

I have played football before, but only a couple of seasons and didn't get too much playing time because of my size. I will be in college in a year (hoping to go to somewhere like Arizona or ASU or something like that). I am 5'5, 115 LBS right now. LOL at me I don't give a ****. Shytty genetics are shytty. I to be honest don't know when I will be done growing. It seems like it will be soon, but I dunno. With 2 years of training, do you guys think I have a legitimate shot at walking onto a team like Arizona State or Arizona (or another "lesser" D1 school)?

Again, I am being serious here. I have a feeling I can be in the 5'6-5'8 range 2 years from now and I can easily be 170+ by then as well with a good diet and routine.

You have no idea how bad I want to play college football, but of course I am blessed with being this short and this small over all. I am really looking for serious and honest answers here. Also, tips from anyone that has played at the next level. I don't know where I would want to play though to be honest. It would be down to safety, WR, and RB. I have good hands for someone that hasn't played in 2 years and had the best hands on my team no question, no e-brag.

Also, I want to start looking into supplements. Any ideas? I have been in weight lifting like I said for about a year now off and on, but have never looked into supplements. I take my whey protein each day after I workout and that is it. No question I have gotten stronger over the past 2 months in the gym, but it's a matter of getting stronger and bigger.

edit: One last thing. I have now heard from more than one person, that you can grow taller with Zinc. I don't understand how that is possible, but 3 different people have now told me that it is true. Is it?
    Man I play college football at a D2 program and we have dudes that are your height a little heavier but they are fast as hell. I will tell you if you got wheels you can play somewhere but at a D1 program? No... i mean im not here to crush your dreams but it the truth.. if you want to play really bad try smaller schools like D3 NAIA or JC.. Good luck bro

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What these guys have said. At D1, you really need the total package, even at lower level schools.

You should be looking D2/D3. These schools are filled with wrong size/right talent and right size/wrong talent guys and of course many other types. My brother played for a D3 school that has been in the national championship for several years running, and they had some small guys but they definitely had game from working like you'll have to do.

noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Reality is if you don't start working now it may be over. But, I'm not trying to scare you.
    Seriously, to gain more weight take whey protein along with a high protein/carb diet. Lift about 4x a week work on your speed because the lightest is RunningBack.
    If you stay consistent you will gain 25lbs this year and 20lbs the next which is 45lbs making you 160lbs, enough for RB.

So in conclusion, yes take whey protein, don't take garbage supplements, and eat alot since you need to gain 25lbs on your first year or 2 lbs a month.

By the way: Getting taller happens when you sleep, so sleep 1-2hrs more than you are sleeping right now.

I'd like to hear more from you and would like to see you succeed!

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe if you wanted to wrestle at 125 or something. football any coach would turn you away at the door at that size. you cant think you are just going to grow another couple of inches at 17yrs old. and youre only 115??? holy crap man most safetys and corners are MINIMUM 180 AND still run 4.5 40's. at your size you would need to run a sub 4 to get anyones attention and even then theyll stop looking when they realize ure HALF the body weight of most of the players at that position.

sorry man but ure height you cant change and you have a TON of work to do before next year. ever see the movie Rudy? yea youre smaller than him and everyone is bigger these days.
    ACE-PT, NSCA, USATF-1
    danprater.blogspot.com - blog for everything related to throws, rugby, training, etc. and stuff that isnt.

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ubertoss2000

Throwers
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122693921

noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by xxtwistedxx View Post
    maybe if you wanted to wrestle at 125 or something. football any coach would turn you away at the door at that size. you cant think you are just going to grow another couple of inches at 17yrs old. and youre only 115??? holy crap man most safetys and corners are MINIMUM 180 AND still run 4.5 40's. at your size you would need to run a sub 4 to get anyones attention and even then theyll stop looking when they realize ure HALF the body weight of most of the players at that position.

sorry man but ure height you cant change and you have a TON of work to do before next year. ever see the movie Rudy? yea youre smaller than him and everyone is bigger these days.
    Yo, you ever thought of encouraging him instead of turning him down.
    His goals are very possible and as an athlete/weightlifter if you don't think so then you're wrong.

AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AssassinCrazy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anything is possible with faith, hardwork and the right timing. However, here are some pictures of some D1 RB's

Here are some training videos for you

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, I am a girl and have a hard time (have to nearly starve myself) maintaining 115lbs at your height. You cannot be serious. If you are serious, you better man-up at the dinner table. I gain 10-15lbs every year for my season. It is hard but I do it. There are plenty of smaller people playing football (some even in D1) but not at 115lbs. If you cannot man-up and eat, you ain't gonna be able to man-up on the field.

petemane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Dude, I am a girl and have a hard time (have to nearly starve myself) maintaining 115lbs at your height. You cannot be serious. If you are serious, you better man-up at the dinner table. I gain 10-15lbs every year for my season. It is hard but I do it. There are plenty of smaller people playing football (some even in D1) but not at 115lbs. If you cannot man-up and eat, you ain't gonna be able to man-up on the field.

Off topic Didn't know there was a womens league. That's pretty cool. We used to have a girl kicker. Was pretty cool

As for the OP you need to build up to 170 and get some speed while your at it. Running back is your best option. There have been some tiny backs in history but your gonna have to work harder than everyone else and be extremely quick
    Squat 375
    Deadlift 355
    Power Clean 295
    Push Jerk 295
    Bench 305
    From a 320 LB Lineman to a 230 LB guy here's hoping I can become a tight end

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP needs to gain much more than 10-15 pounds an offseason.

being that light his first offseason he should gain in about 40-50 pounds(noob gains), and then see what he needs to do. i went from 164lbs to 203lbs this offseason and i got faster and more explosive. food gets you big. plus i'm not sure how old OP is but if he starts training right and eating right he'll grow taller too.
    i think OP should look into WR the most, that's where he can get the biggest chance because unless OP is black, he won't play RB, sorry. there are very few white RBs in the NCAA and even they're very very blue chip and blessed(toby gerhart, now with the vikings)

cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like i said....just go into bear mode...lift hard and eat everything in your path man...

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DriveMyWhey View Post

being that light his first offseason he should gain in about 40-50 pounds(noob gains), and then see what he needs to do. i went from 164lbs to 203lbs this offseason and i got faster and more explosive. food gets you big. plus i'm not sure how old OP is but if he starts training right and eating right he'll grow taller too.
    i think OP should look into WR the most, that's where he can get the biggest chance because unless OP is black, he won't play RB, sorry. there are very few white RBs in the NCAA and even they're very very blue chip and blessed(toby gerhart, now with the vikings)
    I agree 100%. My point is that I am a female and can do 10-15lbs (at 40 years of age). His excuses of not being able to gain weight do not fly. He needs to man-up and eat and lift like he has a pair. Ain't no football player in this forum with crappier genetics than me. I can promise you that.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree 100%. My point is that I am a female and can do 10-15lbs (at 40 years of age). His excuses of not being able to gain weight do not fly. He needs to man-up and eat and lift like he has a pair. Ain't no football player in this forum with crappier genetics than me. I can promise you that.
    Oh snap you've gotten bigger since I saw you post last lol

Genetics...not my strong suit either...
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by noonan1994 View Post
    Yo, you ever thought of encouraging him instead of turning him down.
    His goals are very possible and as an athlete/weightlifter if you don't think so then you're wrong.
    sure ill be encouraging when i think the goals are realistic. ive been through and trained with D1 athletes from small and large schools and the path this kid wants to take is just astronomical. the pictures and videos shown above essentially summarize my point.

there was a kid not too long ago with the exact opposite condition. was incredibly overweight and short and wanted to play receiver at a large D1 school. some tried to encourage but it was a waste of time. i was criticized then too for shooting him down then too. some sports are just not meant for everyone. at his size there are plenty of sports to get into but i dont see big school football as being one of em. not to mention we havnt gotten into his ability to play the sport regardless of size.

which brings me to my next point curiosity
    OP how well do you know defensive schemes? formations? plays? can you cover receiver routes? do you know receiver routes? can you read the whole field and not just the man in front of you? theres much more to playing the game then just being bigger, fast, and stronger.
    ACE-PT, NSCA, USATF-1
    danprater.blogspot.com - blog for everything related to throws, rugby, training, etc. and stuff that isnt.

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ubertoss2000

Throwers
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122693921

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sure ill be encouraging when i think the goals are realistic. ive been through and trained with D1 athletes from small and large schools and the path this kid wants to take is just astronomical. the pictures and videos shown above essentially summarize my point.

there was a kid not too long ago with the exact opposite condition. was incredibly overweight and short and wanted to play receiver at a large D1 school. some tried to encourage but it was a waste of time. i was criticized then too for shooting him down then too. some sports are just not meant for everyone. at his size there are plenty of sports to get into but i dont see big school football as being one of em. not to mention we havnt gotten into his ability to play the sport regardless of size.

OP how well do you know defensive schemes? formations? plays? can you cover receiver routes? do you know receiver routes? can you read the whole field and not just the man in front of you? theres much more to playing the game then just being bigger, fast, and stronger.
    i agree, there's a huge different between a long shot and impossibility. maybe you could play reciever at the junior college level.
    in my opinion not telling him the truth is from the same category as not point fingers at guys who ****ed up. if you don't point fingers they won't feel guilty and won't better them selves.

nick3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played D3 football for a year. You need to be a bit bigger dude. If you're pretty tough maybe you could try rugby out? Look at a scrum half or outside center position.

That's true.

Registered User iOnlyTrainBiceps's Avatar
    iOnlyTrainBiceps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cbiedess View Post
    No lie...its gunna be tough man...**** the height you cant control that....you gotta get that weight up, and be the fiercest mofo out there....work on technique...perfect it...show heart...and be the smartest player on the field...(especially at S)....but maybe think about corner too...
    Yeah, that is a lot of what I was thinking, but how do I work on technique with a position like safety or RB? I mean there is only so much you can work on without a legit practice or playing in a league.

I really don't like to brag, but the two years I played I was far and away the most knowledgeable player on the team. I am constantly watching games (especially teams that Mike Nolan coaches and the Steelers with Dick Lebeau). I love watching their blitz packages and setups and I love studying online different defensive techniques.

I feel I could have a shot at safety for that lone reason. A lot of teams now use safeties as captains and callouts because they see the entire field on defense. I feel I can learn that role.

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    Get to work right now. What are you waiting for? I have crappy genetics too but I don't sit around and complain about them anymore, they just make me work harder.

Get on a serious diet and weightlifting program now.

5/3/1 for Football or WS4SB3 are the ones I would recommend.

You seriously need to work on speed if you want to go anywhere at that size.
    I am not really waiting around, I just am trying to find out what I need to do with no personal trainer, no coaching, etc...

See, I wanted to get into a weightlifting program, but a lot of athletic programs are strictly for strength and conditioning. That is important, but irrelevant if I am 115 LBS.

Yeah I agree, but how much speed can I really gain? I hear all the time, you can only gain so much speed before you hit a wall because of your genes.

Originally Posted by livindadream1 View Post
    Man I play college football at a D2 program and we have dudes that are your height a little heavier but they are fast as hell. I will tell you if you got wheels you can play somewhere but at a D1 program? No... i mean im not here to crush your dreams but it the truth.. if you want to play really bad try smaller schools like D3 NAIA or JC.. Good luck bro
    Really? I mean I wouldn't be opposed to playing at a smaller school, but I have always wanted to attend a D1 school.

Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    What these guys have said. At D1, you really need the total package, even at lower level schools.

You should be looking D2/D3. These schools are filled with wrong size/right talent and right size/wrong talent guys and of course many other types. My brother played for a D3 school that has been in the national championship for several years running, and they had some small guys but they definitely had game from working like you'll have to do.
    Yeah

Originally Posted by noonan1994 View Post
    Reality is if you don't start working now it may be over. But, I'm not trying to scare you.
    Seriously, to gain more weight take whey protein along with a high protein/carb diet. Lift about 4x a week work on your speed because the lightest is RunningBack.
    If you stay consistent you will gain 25lbs this year and 20lbs the next which is 45lbs making you 160lbs, enough for RB.

So in conclusion, yes take whey protein, don't take garbage supplements, and eat alot since you need to gain 25lbs on your first year or 2 lbs a month.

By the way: Getting taller happens when you sleep, so sleep 1-2hrs more than you are sleeping right now.

I'd like to hear more from you and would like to see you succeed!
    I try to and I drink a protein shake everyday, it is just I can't force myself to continue eating.

Anyone have any motivation for actually eating more? I am just lazy and sometimes am not in the mood to eat, but I realize I need to.

I don't want to wrestle. sub 4? Do you realize that has never been done in the sport of football?

Again, I have a fast metabolism and that forces my body to need to take in more food. I can't motivate myself to physically bring in an extra 1000 calories or so a day. I feel sick, but I need the motivation.

Originally Posted by petemane View Post
    As for the OP you need to build up to 170 and get some speed while your at it. Running back is your best option. There have been some tiny backs in history but your gonna have to work harder than everyone else and be extremely quick
    Yeah, my goal is 170+. Even if I am only say 5'6 a year from now, that 170 is distributed a lot for my body, so I would look around 180-185 if I were a little taller.

Yeah, I put on 20 LBS this year, which is way more than any other year, however I need more than that I feel. I think in 2 years, I can get up to 170-180, depending on my height.

Originally Posted by cbiedess View Post
    Like i said....just go into bear mode...lift hard and eat everything in your path man...
    Im trying man. I need that motivation to eat.

Refer to above.

"I really don't like to brag, but the two years I played I was far and away the most knowledgeable player on the team. I am constantly watching games (especially teams that Mike Nolan coaches and the Steelers with Dick Lebeau). I love watching their blitz packages and setups and I love studying online different defensive techniques."

With practice, I can work on coverage skills. However, I have noone that would be willing to work with me...

Originally Posted by nick3d View Post
    I played D3 football for a year. You need to be a bit bigger dude. If you're pretty tough maybe you could try rugby out? Look at a scrum half or outside center position.
    How small were some players at the D3 level?

"I really don't like to brag, but the two years I played I was far and away the most knowledgeable player on the team. I am constantly watching games (especially teams that Mike Nolan coaches and the Steelers with Dick Lebeau). I love watching their blitz packages and setups and I love studying online different defensive techniques."

lulz, watching 3-4 defenses, except for fun or just to see pass rush techniques and ****, is useless. and especially the steelers 3-4, which is the best one, ran by the best defensive coordinator. you can't run that **** in high school, i think only alabama runs a full time 3-4 and less than a dozen teams can run a 3-4 in the NFL. it's crazy how much talent you need to run that. what a safety will do in a 3-4 and a safety in a 4-3 is totally different.
    if i were you i'd watch more college games than professional because this what you'll get closer to.

Yeah, that is a lot of what I was thinking, but how do I work on technique with a position like safety or RB? I mean there is only so much you can work on without a legit practice or playing in a league.

I really don't like to brag, but the two years I played I was far and away the most knowledgeable player on the team. I am constantly watching games (especially teams that Mike Nolan coaches and the Steelers with Dick Lebeau). I love watching their blitz packages and setups and I love studying online different defensive techniques.

I feel I could have a shot at safety for that lone reason. A lot of teams now use safeties as captains and callouts because they see the entire field on defense. I feel I can learn that role.

Im trying man. I need that motivation to eat.

How small were some players at the D3 level?
    Work on footwork....backpedals, swiveling your hips, driving on the ball, knowledge of the game....call your coach and ask him what kinda defense you'll end up playing...they'll also give you a summer workout....

As far as eating goes...you can make a protien shake with like 1500 Calories

I was thinking
    3 cups of milk 450 cal 24g protein
    1 Cup of Oats 300 cal 10g protein
    2 Scoops of whey protien 240 cal 48 g protein
    4 tbsps of PB 360 cal 16g protein
    2 tbsp of olive oil 240 cal 0g protien

1590 total Calories 98 grams of protein...you could add more whey, n peanut butter for protein...

drink one a day along with like 3 1000 calorie meals you should be ok as far as gaining weight goes

and dont underestimate D3 athletes...I was gunna play d3 ball...and I'm friends with a bunch of the football players, some are strong as hell, fast as hell, and they're legit ballers...one guy got a tryout with the jets

Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wikiniks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can't motivate yourself to eat...Then you obviously won't make it...and if you really are going to complain about such an easy task as eating then you btch...Don't bring up the question if you are doubting your abilities to eat

itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    also got to remember the division a school is in refers to size d1 > d2 doesnt mean d1 players are better, but generally thats the case a top ranked WR wants to go to alabama not university of east bum **** lol

GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000) GonzaloAR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you folks forgotten about Darren Sproles RB for San Diego he was a starter at Kansas State I don't know what his stats were back then but he is currently listed at 5 ft. 6 in. 181 lb
    But like everyone has been saying you have to be very fast, Sproles is very fast.
    Also this year Trindon Holliday was drafted to the NFL by the Houston Texans he played for LSU he stands at 5 ft 5 in and weighs 165 lbs he is a kick return specialist.

StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000) StevenBG is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP they're right, you just have to eat

I weighed 120 my sophomore year in HS and found it really hard to gain weight.. I graduated HS weighing about 130-135 but I felt I ate alot at the time.. problem was I didn't really know what it was to "eat alot"

I finally started to gain weight 2 years ago and this is how..

You're gonna have to eat and eat and eat.. no excuses.. start as soon as you get up, the first thing you do is eat... then eat on a schedule.. every 2-21/2 hours or so.. big meals with plenty of protein.. soon enough your body will get used to the schedule and will be ready and willing to eat.. also, drink plenty of water and protien shakes..

work hard in the gym (maybe starting strength).. run sprints on days you're not weight training

if you want to make it you're going to need a sense of ergency.. start right now

PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lulz, watching 3-4 defenses, except for fun or just to see pass rush techniques and ****, is useless. and especially the steelers 3-4, which is the best one, ran by the best defensive coordinator. you can't run that **** in high school, i think only alabama runs a full time 3-4 and less than a dozen teams can run a 3-4 in the NFL. it's crazy how much talent you need to run that. what a safety will do in a 3-4 and a safety in a 4-3 is totally different.
    if i were you i'd watch more college games than professional because this what you'll get closer to.
    Lots of high schools run the 3-4 where I live, inlcuding my old school and the school I go to now. Alabama runs a 3-4 because in the SEC most schools have a smashmouth run game that Bama can shut down with a good noseguard and ILBs. Ohio State runs a 4-3 that acts like a 3-4, they have a hybrid DE/LB position called Leo that plays as a DE and drops into pass coverage about half of the time. Virginia, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Houston, Notre Dame, Stanford, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Air Force, Army, Navy, BYU, Cal, and SMU all run a 3-4 or will start to run it this season. But, I agree with you that the 3-4 isn't the best defense in a college game dominated by the spread. TCU's 4-2-5 offense is the best in the game against the spread.

And OP, your motivation for eating should be a chance to play D1 obviously.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Oderint dum metuant

ZeroToHero14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZeroToHero14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZeroToHero14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZeroToHero14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GonzaloAR View Post
    Have you folks forgotten about Darren Sproles RB for San Diego he was a starter at Kansas State I don't know what his stats were back then but he is currently listed at 5 ft. 6 in. 181 lb
    But like everyone has been saying you have to be very fast, Sproles is very fast.
    Also this year Trindon Holliday was drafted to the NFL by the Houston Texans he played for LSU he stands at 5 ft 5 in and weighs 165 lbs he is a kick return specialist.
    Brandon Banks - Kansas State University, now on the Redskins, 5ft 7in and 150 lbs and he just returned a punt in a preseason game, but once again he is really fast.

Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you keep asking for motivation.. for something as little as eating. Something is wrong. Most division 1 athletes in any sport are where they are today because they have what it takes naturally and know their body.

on a non-serious note watch Rudy for motivation i guess lol