Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz

Is 4 days between body parts enough time?

Not sure wut section to post this...but anyway. Currently im working everything once every 5 days but i feel im ready to go earlier then that. wut do you think?

jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it's been 48 hrs you might be ready to go esp. if you have only light DOMS or don't have DOMS at all.

Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kade2195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    Not sure wut section to post this...but anyway. Currently im working everything once every 5 days but i feel im ready to go earlier then that. wut do you think?
    so are you saying your doing legs, then not doing legs again till 4 days later? if so you should definitely do it more often

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More than enough.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chevyrado06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Current routine. I switch it up every couple months...

Day 1: chest/tri's
    Day 2: back/bi's
    Day 3: legs/shoulders
    Day 4: "off day"- forearms/calves/traps

Make sure you're getting proper sleep and nutrition and you'll be fine.

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, in most cases that's fine. Don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere that muscles respond better to lower volume/higher frequency. So instead of doing 20 sets of chest once a week, it's better to do 10 sets of chest twice a week.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whether you are ready to go again will depend on how hard you hit that muscle last workout. That extra day might be just perfect for your recovery.

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by imasavage View Post
    Yes, in most cases that's fine. Don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere that muscles respond better to lower volume/higher frequency. So instead of doing 20 sets of chest once a week, it's better to do 10 sets of chest twice a week.
    Yeah, I remember Lyle McDonald recommends that in one of his articles. Even 10 sets might be too much from what he says, I believe.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you did excessive numbers of sets, there is no reason you cannot train the same muscle group again in 8-12 hours without seeing any loss of performance on your lifts. Weight used, reps done, total sets done, and seconds between each set are all that matter in regards to gains.

There is absolutely no requirement that muscles be recovered completely to grow. The microtears heal and adapt every time you are sleeping regardless of how many hours ago you trained them. People use the line "muscles are built at rest not in the gym" often but they should change the word "rest" to "sleep". Training more frequintly or longer doesn't prevent you from sleeping unless you are taking sleep time away with extra sessions. If you want growth train harder, train longer, train more often, sleep more and eat more. The time and effort you put into training, sleep and nutrition have a direct effect on your size and strength.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    Currently im working everything once every 5 days but i feel im ready to go earlier then that. wut do you think?
    I think you should try it.There are a million things that will affect how many days in between the same muscle group you should rest for You to progress at the best rate at any given time.So see for your self.Most likely,it could be a surprise in a good way.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Unless you did excessive numbers of sets, there is no reason you cannot train the same muscle group again in 8-12 hours without seeing any loss of performance on your lifts. Weight used, reps done, total sets done, and seconds between each set are all that matter in regards to gains.

There is absolutely no requirement that muscles be recovered completely to grow. The microtears heal and adapt every time you are sleeping regardless of how many hours ago you trained them. People use the line "muscles are built at rest not in the gym" often but they should change the word "rest" to "sleep". Training more frequintly or longer doesn't prevent you from sleeping unless you are taking sleep time away with extra sessions. If you want growth train harder, train longer, train more often, sleep more and eat more. The time and effort you put into training, sleep and nutrition have a direct effect on your size and strength.
    you said that the time between sets is important, for how long do you rest in between? just curious because sometimes im too impatient and only rest like 20 secs

Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Snoogens View Post
    you said that the time between sets is important, for how long do you rest in between? just curious because sometimes im too impatient and only rest like 20 secs
    From what I have heard if you are lifting for size try and keep it from 30 seconds to a min, if you are lifting for strength go over that. Im not 100% sure so you would probably need some back up on that.
    Do not demand that which you cannot take by force.

Ex fat guys club. From 345 to 225.

Metalhead

megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    depends on the volume of each workout along with how many reps/set.

lower volume would obviously allow you to be ready to go in a shorter amount of time while the opposite is true for high volume.

if your goal is strength, you would be doing moderate-high volume in terms of sets, but very low reps per set (usually below 6). in this fashion of training, the muscles are broken down much less and fewer of the byproducts (lactic acid) are created. You could therefor be training a bodypart every 48-72hours (aka training each muscle group 2x a week or more).

if your goal is hypertrophy, then you would be doing lower-moderate volume in terms of number of sets, but each set would have a much higher number of reps (at least 8-12, but often as many as 20). in this type of training, the muscles are broken down much more and more byproducts are created. you would therefor want to wait at least 72-96 hours or more before hitting the same muscle group.
    ~Stylin On U Crew~

Have the courage to accept what you can't alter and to alter what you can't accept.

reps for life:
    DriDDerz

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This varies a lot from person to person however for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and endurance short rests are beneficial. When I am doing 10-20 rep sets I do sometimes cut my rest times to as low as 30 seconds personally.

However 80-90% of my training is in the 1-5 rep range, which I take anywhere from 3-15 minutes between sets... I only take 15 minutes between 100% 1rm singles.

The other extreme for me in my own training would be 10x10 with 50% 1 RM, with 30-45 seconds between sets, which can also spur growth after hitting a plateau very effectively.

Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snoogens is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This varies a lot from person to person however for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and endurance short rests are beneficial. When I am doing 10-20 rep sets I do sometimes cut my rest times to as low as 30 seconds personally.

However 80-90% of my training is in the 1-5 rep range, which I take anywhere from 3-15 minutes between sets... I only take 15 minutes between 100% 1rm singles.

The other extreme for me in my own training would be 10x10 with 50% 1 RM, with 30-45 seconds between sets, which can also spur growth after hitting a plateau very effectively.
    alright thanks mate! and justin buchana for the reply hehe

alright thanks mate! and justin buchana for the reply hehe
    However I should add that my reference to rest times ment that if you reduce time between sets you have increased the workload on your muscles.

If you squat 315 for 4 sets of 8 reps you will cause potential growth by doing any of the following:

1) Increasing weight: Doing 325 x 4 x 8.
    2) Increasing reps: 325 x 4 x 9.
    3) Increasing sets: 325 x 5 x8.
    4) Reducing rest time: 325 x 4 x 8... but if you had been taking 3 minutes, and you cut it to 2:30 seconds between sets.

All of these methods have increased the workload performed. All represent an increasing in performance and an increase in stimulation.

However I should add that my reference to rest times ment that if you reduce time between sets you have increased the workload on your muscles.

If you squat 315 for 4 sets of 8 reps you will cause potential growth by doing any of the following:

1) Increasing weight: Doing 325 x 4 x 8.
    2) Increasing reps: 325 x 4 x 9.
    3) Increasing sets: 325 x 5 x8.
    4) Reducing rest time: 325 x 4 x 8... but if you had been taking 3 minutes, and you cut it to 2:30 seconds between sets.

All of these methods have increased the workload performed. All represent an increasing in performance and an increase in stimulation.
    Good stuff mate, ill definately try all of those on different exercises! thanks again for the help

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    no, you should rest 10 years at least.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    no, you should rest 10 years at least.
    That is only for the most advanced HIT trainees.