blackglasses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need a solution for protein shake diarrhea

taking optimum nutrition double chocolate flavor protein shakes with whole milk (im not lactose intolerant) and will more times than not crap it all out in about 2 hours. i did some searching and have come across suggestions that say to reduce the amount youre taking which i did from 1.5 scoops to 1 scoop per serving,,drinking it slowly which i do by taking little sips over the course of about 20-30 minutes,,but to no avail.
    has anyone who has experienced this come up with a solution? i feel like this is hindering my gains

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Banana Myofusion does that to me, but the chocolate doesn't. Maybe try another ON flavor?

thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by blackglasses View Post
    taking optimum nutrition double chocolate flavor protein shakes with whole milk (im not lactose intolerant) and will more times than not crap it all out in about 2 hours. i did some searching and have come across suggestions that say to reduce the amount youre taking which i did from 1.5 scoops to 1 scoop per serving,,drinking it slowly which i do by taking little sips over the course of about 20-30 minutes,,but to no avail.
    has anyone who has experienced this come up with a solution? i feel like this is hindering my gains
    How long have you been taking it? If it hasnt been to long then this may cause diarhea. You may unknowlingy be lactose intollerent because whey is isolated protein from milk. It could be the brand you are using and id just try another brand if I were you. You can also try mixing it with water,.

Originally Posted by thegatekeeper View Post
    How long have you been taking it? If it hasnt been to long then this may cause diarhea. You may unknowlingy be lactose intollerent because whey is isolated protein from milk. It could be the brand you are using and id just try another brand if I were you. You can also try mixing it with water,.
    ive been taking it for over a year but it seems to be happening more lately. i know im not lactose intolerant because ive been an avid cereal eater for years.

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some people can develop lactose intolerance over time, FYI, but I would try digestive enzymes/probiotics. Probably would give an edge to probiotics, personally.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

Originally Posted by BringnIt View Post
    Some people can develop lactose intolerance over time, FYI, but I would try digestive enzymes/probiotics. Probably would give an edge to probiotics, personally.
    what are probiotics?

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what are probiotics?
    bacteria to aid in digestion, like l-acidophilus... you can try those, or you can just try an isolate... id try an isolate first, since if that turns out to not be the culprit, you still at least have a lot of usable protein.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can search on bodybuilding.com for protein protein containing digestive enzymes in the formula, or protein products that are lactose intolerant friendly. This may help solve your problem.

A very respectable brand of protein to look at would be Scivation Whey, comes in 2,5 and 10lb containers and can be pricematched for as cheap as 56$ for the 10lb container.

All of the flavors were recently reformulated,and we came out with 5lb containers with the limited edition "Strawberry flavor" which individuals have raved about as Strawberry Nesquick.

The owner Marc Lobliner is lactose intolerant, and because of that made his whey protein this way. It settles easy and mixes on the thicker side, as well as containing a great macro profile of 1g of fat/carb and 22g of protein.

Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kom0doDrag0n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I second the use of probiotics and digestive enzymes.

I use a probiotic as my last supp of the day, right before sleep. The idea is it helps clear out all the bad bacteria in your guts and florish it with good bacteria.

The digestive enzyme I use is Bromelain. It is derived from pineapple. It is a protein specific digestive enzyme. Take right before taking protein.

larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000) larkham is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kom0doDrag0n View Post
    I second the use of probiotics and digestive enzymes.

I use a probiotic as my last supp of the day, right before sleep. The idea is it helps clear out all the bad bacteria in your guts and florish it with good bacteria.

The digestive enzyme I use is Bromelain. It is derived from pineapple. It is a protein specific digestive enzyme. Take right before taking protein.
    ^^^^
    This.

I used to have that problem, when I did I used digestive enzymes and probiotics with good success.

opulence...i has it Sol Rosenberg's Avatar
    Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    you can search on bodybuilding.com for protein protein containing digestive enzymes in the formula, or protein products that are lactose intolerant friendly. This may help solve your problem.

A very respectable brand of protein to look at would be Scivation Whey, comes in 2,5 and 10lb containers and can be pricematched for as cheap as 56$ for the 10lb container.

All of the flavors were recently reformulated,and we came out with 5lb containers with the limited edition "Strawberry flavor" which individuals have raved about as Strawberry Nesquick.

The owner Marc Lobliner is lactose intolerant, and because of that made his whey protein this way. It settles easy and mixes on the thicker side, as well as containing a great macro profile of 1g of fat/carb and 22g of protein.
    Thanks a lot for the info.

I have the same problem as the OP, I'm not lactose intolerant, but most protein powders tend to cause upset stomach if I do much more than 20 grams a stretch. I thought I was just getting old but I have been wondering if it's just not digesting properly.

I have not had this problem taking ON Hydrowhey or with Progenex. Good to know Scivation may have an answer also. Thanks again.
    Big Jim, may you rest well and know that you will NEVER be forgotten my friend.

Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just out of curiosity have you tried to mix the shake with water instead of milk just to see what happens?

homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) homwrecker1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try getting a fiber supplement. That helped me tons.
    I <3 MOES!

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some people are semi-lactose intolerant. They can tolerate a bit of lactose. Maybe the reason you can tolerate milk when eating cereal is because you're only consuming small amount of milk. Now that you've increased your dairy consumption, your body can't handle all that lactose.

- try drinking the whey without the milk and see if it's ok
    - try drinking the whey with skim milk
    - try switching flavors
    - if all fails, try whey isolate

nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can drink ten protein shakes a day and never have any digestion problems but if I drink half a shake with milk I sh*t the bed and I dont have any lactose problems whatsoever eat cheese yogurt whatever. Switch to water it usually fixes the problem.

Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas Exawas

Thumbs up Problem is not related to lactose intolerance

Hey guys,

The problem is not abour lactose intolerance now that u say that you guys arent lactose intolerant. The main problem is that whenever u consume a protein bar or protein shake , there is alot of artificial sweeteners in it which are usually sugar free.
    Sugar free sweeteners are kind of like laxatives and that why doctors dont recommend taking too many at once. To solve this , u can either not take as much per day or increase your fiber intake and drink more water.

SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupraGainz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would suggest using a natural flavorless whey isolate and upping your fiber intake where you can. I have never had issues with this, but I have never taken whey that isn't 100% isolate and unflavored.

RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My friend had the same problem and he read online that if you drink it in reverse, ie through the ass, you will absorb it better. It's called buttchugging it. You can do it with water instead of milk to absorb quicker. All you need is a enema bottle, put the powder and water in, then squirt it up your ass. You'll be surprised at the results
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**