Connolly2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Bulking on keto??

I've been reading up on the keto diet and it sounds interesting. I've never used it before and i would like to get my bf down from about 8.5% to 6%. I was wondering should i use the general keto diet or should i attempt to bulk using a keto diet and maintain my bf or perhaps even lower it whilst bulking. It's all a bit confusing so any advice would be appreciated

Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Connolly2 View Post
    I've been reading up on the keto diet and it sounds interesting. I've never used it before and i would like to get my bf down from about 8.5% to 6%. I was wondering should i use the general keto diet or should i attempt to bulk using a keto diet and maintain my bf or perhaps even lower it whilst bulking. It's all a bit confusing so any advice would be appreciated
    You'll probably get the definition you want just from the water loss but I'd watch your calories if you wanna go down to 6%.

A very slow bulk would work well but don't expect to go down to below 8.5% for more than a couple weeks before it goes back up a bit.

At 8.5% you got a good thing going. Don't blow it lol.
    Lost over 100 pounds. Not too bad.

Connolly2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
    You'll probably get the definition you want just from the water loss but I'd watch your calories if you wanna go down to 6%.

A very slow bulk would work well but don't expect to go down to below 8.5% for more than a couple weeks before it goes back up a bit.

At 8.5% you got a good thing going. Don't blow it lol.
    Thanks it's just that even at 8.5% i don't have great definition in my abs so i need to get it lower to actually truly show them. The other question i have is if i go off the diet and go back to a more conventional carb cycling diet (Maybe 150 grams on a low carb day) Will my body return to something similar to what is was before i started the keto diet?? I know i will put on water weight when i go off it

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Connolly2 View Post
    Thanks it's just that even at 8.5% i don't have great definition in my abs so i need to get it lower to actually truly show them. The other question i have is if i go off the diet and go back to a more conventional carb cycling diet (Maybe 150 grams on a low carb day) Will my body return to something similar to what is was before i started the keto diet?? I know i will put on water weight when i go off it
    Just a little something id like to add....

Since I've started I have read nothing that says the KETO diet is better for bulking. Nor have I read any scientific studies that state you will lose weight / bodyfat while bulking.

The only thing that is scientifically proven, is that KETO is TWICE as effective at losing weight than low fat diets. Kind of like thermogenic pills, which claim you will lose fat 3 TIMES faster.

I am bulking on the KETO diet. I am on the CKD but i am begining to think TKD is the best for bulking because I could really use those carbs pre and post workout... I am exhausted / gassed out by the end of my workouts.

The only reason I am bulking on KETO is because it is healthier than eating carbs. Also, THIS HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN, but I believe you can gain a higher percent of muscle mass while bulking on keto without gaining the fluffyness from bulking on a carb diet. I guess im trying to say is you would maintain your bodyfat percentage while bulking without it rising.

Again let me say this is just what I think.. From reading a lot of posts from long time keto users. I have not read any scientific evidence that claims you will have a leaner bulk while on keto.