girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)

Why am I craving chicken?

I have been craving chicken and turkey a lot lately, to the point that I'm getting 200g protein some days. I have salmon daily as well but the cravings seem to be mostly non-seafood.
    Could this have have anything to do with alcohol consumption or being around smoke (I've been going out a lot more)? Maybe my body is craving protein to repair itself.
    Or maybe since alcohol is a depressant, my body is craving the tyrosine/phenylalanine in chicken to produce more dopamine?
    Any intelligent thoughts would be appreciated.
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Or maybe you're just craving chicken because it's chicken. I think sometimes we tend to over analyze why we crave/want things. Sometimes chicken just tastes good. It might be that simple.

soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
    I have been craving chicken and turkey a lot lately, to the point that I'm getting 200g protein some days. I have salmon daily as well but the cravings seem to be mostly non-seafood.
    Could this have have anything to do with alcohol consumption or being around smoke (I've been going out a lot more)? Maybe my body is craving protein to repair itself.
    Or maybe since alcohol is a depressant, my body is craving the tyrosine/phenylalanine in chicken to produce more dopamine?
    Any intelligent thoughts would be appreciated.
    because chicken rocks yo!!....the taste, the texture---so filling and satisfying!
    hmm...psychologically speaking, maybe you conditioned your senses to relate the taste and consumption of chicken to something "positive" that happened to you while eating it?..(just my two pennies) ^_^

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    probably just a craving, and not related to alcohol or anything else. don't think you need to read anything into it. chicken is good and it's healthy, so eat and enjoy

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went through a stage like that only recently. But I am a bit over it at the moment because I was eating it ALL the time and that's pretty much the only food I craved. At least its a healthy one though :-)