Thread: Got a ??

Registered User homeschoolmom24's Avatar
    homeschoolmom24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Got a ??

Hi all!
    I wanted to see if any of you could help me.I just recently gave birth to my fourth child.And I decided I wanted to lose some weight.I lost all the baby weight already but I still weigh 230lbs.I was planning on using protein shakes in place of meals and then have a healthy meal for supper.
    I was wanting to use SciFit Soy Protein.Mainly because I am not a body builder and this was the only protein powder that is flavored and NOT sweetened with sucralose.
    Is this a good choice for me to use for this purpose??I bought EAS Soy to use this week to start but I would like to buy this other brand because I can get it in a 5lb tub.Any advice??

TIA,
    Brenda

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by homeschoolmom24 View Post
    Hi all!
    I wanted to see if any of you could help me.I just recently gave birth to my fourth child.And I decided I wanted to lose some weight.I lost all the baby weight already but I still weigh 230lbs.I was planning on using protein shakes in place of meals and then have a healthy meal for supper.
    I was wanting to use SciFit Soy Protein.Mainly because I am not a body builder and this was the only protein powder that is flavored and NOT sweetened with sucralose.
    Is this a good choice for me to use for this purpose??I bought EAS Soy to use this week to start but I would like to buy this other brand because I can get it in a 5lb tub.Any advice??

TIA,
    Brenda
    No, replacing all but one meal with protien shakes is not a good way to lose weight.

Eating real food that is good for you and healthy and working out IS a good an healhty way to lose weight.

I am sure you can lose weight on this but if you would like to lose FAT and get a nice body too, then this is not the way to go.

If you are not looking at eating right and excersising, then you should find another website cause this is not about *losing weight at any cost*.
    This site is for those who want to lose fat AND build a great body, not ruin their body by starving themselves.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ditto what the above poster said. Your plan sounds like a sure recipe for failure. I guarantee that the day will come when you can't face another shake for lunch. When there's a lunch with a friend. When you're craving real food to chew on. And when that time comes, you'll go crazy, feel like you've failed, then give up and say "oh well, since I've already failed I might as well ... " and use it as an excuse to really fall off the wagon.

The ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off is to learn healthy eating habits. To figure out how many calories your body needs to function, then to figure out how to get those calories from HEALTHY foods.

Read the sticky posts about nutrition and figuring out your calorie level. There's a ton of good information there that will help you get started on a healthy and sustainable plan.