Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This is a Bodybuilding site!

Just a quick note to clarify this with a few people.

I have checked out a few posts and it has become clear that the site seems to have people on it giving advice that are not bodybuilders, to people who are specifically asking about bodybuilding. Although, its nice to get a wide ranging opinion, bodybuilding is completely different than just going on diet, or getting a bit toned. It is a disciplined life-style choice, that involves quality nutrients, supplements and gym programmes that have to be religiously followed, to achieve the bodybuilders defined muscle low fat body. Most of us do it because we love it! And it doesn't feel like a chore! But when giving advice can people be specific about whether they are a bodybuilder or not? It is only fair to be honest about that, especially when offering advice to noobs! Also the different approaches to bodybuilding can be confusing enough without someone putting in info that is not correct for people who wish to become bodybuilders!
    I have been slated for putting particularly nutritional advice up on posts that follow a clean eating bb diet. Which for me is a two-fold issue a) what I have said are the basics of any bb diet and b) why slate people for their knowledge, experience and expertise anyway, it is fine to think differently, but showing respect for others opinion costs nothing.

I am certainly not saying don't comment, we are all entitled to our opinion, but maybe just be totally clear if you are not infact a bodybuilder.

What do people think? I can't be the only bber that has had this experience?

Can someone also explain to me what bro-science means? I think I can guess but would like clarification, if it is what I think, I'm guessing it refers to all the men that are ripped with low body fat erm.......lol!

Truth tempered by Love BlackPaladin's Avatar
    BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000) BlackPaladin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 10fairywings View Post

Can someone also explain to me what bro-science means? I think I can guess but would like clarification, if it is what I think, I'm guessing it refers to all the men that are ripped with low body fat erm.......lol!
    Broscience is when someone is presenting supposedly factual information, when, in reality, they are completely full of sh!t, and are only spreading false information and misconceptions.

You have been trying to combat these things.

10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10) 10fairywings is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlackPaladin View Post
    Broscience is when someone is presenting supposedly factual information, when, in reality, they are completely full of sh!t, and are only spreading false information and misconceptions.

You have been trying to combat these things.
    Thank you so much that! Now I'm in the know lol!! Had no idea ha ha exactly what I have been trying to combat, yes. Thanks again

Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    According to your profile you have been doing this since May.

All I can say is that you have been doing a wonderful job of fighting bro-science with bra-science.
    My GreenMag/White Flood log and general journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123644451

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have checked out a few posts and it has become clear that the site seems to have people on it giving advice that are not bodybuilders, to people who are specifically asking about bodybuilding. Although, its nice to get a wide ranging opinion, bodybuilding is completely different than just going on diet, or getting a bit toned. It is a disciplined life-style choice, that involves quality nutrients, supplements and gym programmes that have to be religiously followed, to achieve the bodybuilders defined muscle low fat body.[...]Also the different approaches to bodybuilding can be confusing enough without someone putting in info that is not correct for people who wish to become bodybuilders!
    I have been slated for putting particularly nutritional advice up on posts that follow a clean eating bb diet. Which for me is a two-fold issue a) what I have said are the basics of any bb diet[...]Can someone also explain to me what bro-science means?
    if you read the posts in the female section it should be clear to you that many women on this site do not desire to become 'bodybuilders' but rather enjoy lifting heavy weights for the physical and psychological benefits.

also, if you think 'bodybuilders' are physically somehow different from the general population to have to follow specific 'bb diets' and/or walk around contest lean year round then i indeed advise you to look into 'broscience'.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Originally Posted by Adelaide. View Post
    According to your profile you have been doing this since May.

All I can say is that you have been doing a wonderful job of fighting bro-science with bra-science.
    Ouch!! And this is based on what exactly? What was that I said about being respectful?! You have just managed to rest my case! perhaps I should have put something about assumption too!
    Almost can't be bothered to comment but just for others who may tune in, I have actually been a bodybuilder for 12 years! I had to take some time out due to ill health (which I believe it does say in my profile), it set me back a great deal and I was able to begin again from May this year, when I joined this site. I also run a nutritional advice and healthy eating catering company, just in case people really need my credentials!

I really find this sad!

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    if you read the posts in the female section it should be clear to you that many women on this site do not desire to become 'bodybuilders' but rather enjoy lifting heavy weights for the physical and psychological benefits.

also, if you think 'bodybuilders' are physically somehow different from the general population to have to follow specific 'bb diets' and/or walk around contest lean year round then i indeed advise you to look into 'broscience'.
    Read post again! You clearly read something that wasn't there!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read post again! You clearly read something that wasn't there!
    oh i read it several times before i responded.

can you tell me what's the difference between your average jane who has been lifting heavy weights for years and a 'bodybuilder'?

the latter follows retarded bb-ing 'rules' like eating every three hours, cuts out fruit because it is full of sugar and spends $$$ on supplements?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You clearly read something that wasn't there!
    And you clearly are trying to tell everyone what kind of forum you think this should be. Just because everyone does not approach this the exact same way as you or define bodybuilding the same way you do does not mean you can segregate everyone into little groups that fit your liking. Did it occur to you that bodybuilding means different things to different people? Does it really matter whose definition of bodybuilder someone meets if they want advice?

oh i read it several times before i responded.

can you tell me what's the difference between your average jane who has been lifting heavy weights for years and a 'bodybuilder'?

the latter follows retarded bb-ing 'rules' like eating every three hours, cuts out fruit because it is full of sugar and spends $$$ on supplements?
    Your average Jane who has lifted heavy weights for years, in my opinion, is a bodybuilder!

I don't spend $$$ on supplements as I am a natural bodybuilder in every way. But diet a choice, if people don't want to follow certain eating plans, it's up to them! Personally, my outcomes have always been better eating clean, and eating regularly. But that's what my body likes. Everyone is different!

And you clearly are trying to tell everyone what kind of forum you think this should be. Just because everyone does not approach this the exact same way as you or define bodybuilding the same way you do does not mean you can segregate everyone into little groups that fit your liking. Did it occur to you that bodybuilding means different things to different people? Does it really matter whose definition of bodybuilder someone meets if they want advice?
    No I am not trying to tell everyone what sort of forum this should be at all! I think actually it is you that has made the assumption of what I think a bodybuilder is! I certainly don't want to segregate anyone into little groups! My concern was purely about non-bodybuilders (people who do not follow good nutrition, or lift weights) giving advice to people who want to be bodybuilders (people who do want advice on good nutrition, and lifting weights).

See, there you go again. That is your opinion of what a BB is. That may not be the opinion anyone else has. Therefore, why should anyone have to "identify" whether they are a "bodybuilder" or not before they give advice?

Is someone who is doing a "dirty bulk" or a "fulk" any less of a BB than someone doing a "clean bulk"? What about someone who does body weight exercises instead of lifting weights?

Originally Posted by 10fairywings
    My concern was purely about non-bodybuilders (people who do not follow good nutrition, or lift weights) giving advice to people who want to be bodybuilders (people who do want advice on good nutrition, and lifting weights).
    apparently 'good nutrition' shall be defined by the bogus advice you've given to people?
    Last edited by Miranda; 08-08-2010 at 04:13 AM.

See, there you go again. That is your opinion of what a BB is. That may not be the opinion anyone else has. Therefore, why should anyone have to "identify" whether they are a "bodybuilder" or not before they give advice?

Is someone who is doing a "dirty bulk" or a "fulk" any less of a BB than someone doing a "clean bulk"? What about someone who does body weight exercises instead of lifting weights?
    I'm starting to think that there is some kind of language barrier going on here! And shed loads of assumptions about me and what I think! The reason you think I am a certain way is frankly your problem.
    God it really saddens me that women feel the need to do this to other women, when we're all trying to acheive great things! Is no one capable of being civil any more! Maybe it is because I am British and we are well practised in agreeing to disagree politely and debating without insulting! You both have totally proved my point on treating people with respect. So thank you for that! I'm not going to waste my time replying to either of you again unless you're constructive, polite and respectful!

apparently 'good nutrition' shall be defined by the bogus advice you've given to people?

and 'bodybuilding' is the funtastic amounts of weight you lift after your hiatus? i've the same stats as you and my one rep maxes are a bit higher.

sorry to be mean but methinks you do deserve it.
    The advice I give on nutrition is a basic principle followed and learned by people such a Kriss Gethin who is the Editior in Chief of this site!

My stats has nothing to do with anything, but I am just sarting back up and they will keep changing. If y were sorry for being mean, you would have writtehis differently and explained in a non-mean way! I'm sorry you feel I deserve it, but what you think really doesn't bother me at all!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    um, yeah, didn't you tell someone not to eat the yolk of an egg and to avoid fruit b/c of sugar? those sorts of things are why this is going on...

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10fairywings, you come off as pompous and egotistical.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    um, yeah, didn't you tell someone not to eat the yolk of an egg and to avoid fruit b/c of sugar? those sorts of things are why this is going on...

Yes I did! I didn't say no fruit just 2 a day low GI fruit. And egg white is the protein, yolk is the fat, the ratio is generally 4 whites to one yolk....but only when cutting.
    But this is my point, why would that spark off all this? It is a well known form of eating plan and has proven benefits, but if you choose not to do it, that's fine! Which is why the forums are good, so people get the range of opinion, and choose what is right for them. Why slag each other off in the process?

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    10fairywings, you come off as pompous and egotistical.
    Jolly good! Keep em coming girls you're doing me proud!!!!

I'm starting to think that there is some kind of language barrier going on here! And shed loads of assumptions about me and what I think! The reason you think I am a certain way is frankly your problem.
    God it really saddens me that women feel the need to do this to other women, when we're all trying to acheive great things! Is no one capable of being civil any more! Maybe it is because I am British and we are well practised in agreeing to disagree politely and debating without insulting! You both have totally proved my point on treating people with respect. So thank you for that! I'm not going to waste my time replying to either of you again unless you're constructive, polite and respectful!
    How you come across to other people is your problem. Especially if you expect to be taken seriously and earn respect. Thus far I have only called you out on your fallacy laced opinions, I have not been disrespectful, insulting or uncivil.

I do not have a problem with doing anything "to other women". I do however have a problem with condescending and judgmental people, regardless of gender. You have so far managed to come off as both quite fabulously.

I don't think it matters how constructive, polite and respectful any of us are. You are never going to accept the fact that your attitude is offensive and your advice pretty much sucks.

There. NOW I have been disrespectful, insulting and uncivil.

If y were sorry for being mean, you would have writtehis differently and explained in a non-mean way! I'm sorry you feel I deserve it, but what you think really doesn't bother me at all!
    i could've written that for a woman who has been bodybuilding for over a decade and comes off after a hiatus with a 12kg one rep max deadlift after three months in the gym, to tell us that . . .what was i trying to say?

but yea it was mean and irrelevant which is why i deleted it.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes I did! I didn't say no fruit just 2 a day low GI fruit. And egg white is the protein, yolk is the fat, the ratio is generally 4 whites to one yolk....but only when cutting.
    But this is my point, why would that spark off all this? It is a well known form of eating plan and has proven benefits, but if you choose not to do it, that's fine! Which is why the forums are good, so people get the range of opinion, and choose what is right for them. Why slag each other off in the process?
    Wrong. Again. The yolk of the egg actually contains almost half of the protein in an egg and why are you advocating eating low fat?

And I didn't know there was a specific "ratio" of egg whites to egg yolks one uses to cut.

People don't need opinions on nutrition when there are scientifically proven "facts" to back it up otherwise.

Originally Posted by IronCitGrl View Post
    Wrong. Again. The yolk of the egg actually contains almost half of the protein in an egg and why are you advocating eating low fat?

And I didn't know there was a specific "ratio" of egg whites to egg yolks one uses to cut.

People don't need opinions on nutrition when there are scientifically proven "facts" to back it up otherwise.
    But the thing is that this is also scientifically proven fact! It is just different to what you think, it doesn't mean either of us are wrong! It just means we've both gone down different paths, to find something that works. If someone put a post up regarding nutrition and I put up my stuff on eggs and fruit (I use that because it seems that is what most people don't like the most) and then you put your stuff about eggs and fruit that is the opposite, it just gives the person two choices to research and/or take on board. There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion. Both opinions are valid! The difference between us is simply that you think I'm wrong and are happy to semi-slag me off, and I think you just have a different approach and would never question your opinion .

i could've written that for a woman who has been bodybuilding for over a decade and comes off after a hiatus with a 12kg one rep max deadlift after three months in the gym, to tell us that . . .what was i trying to say?

but yea it was mean and irrelevant which is why i deleted it.
    Thanks Miranda, I really don't have a beef with anyone, I just think people have missunderstood what I'm trying to say.

Opinions are not magically exempt from being wrong just becuase you declare them your opinion. When someone makes statements without citing their sources they SHOULD be questioned. Come up with some scientific proof what you say is true and people may consider taking you seriously.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The board is going crazy these days, I'm not blaming kimm4 for leaving.

I have this nagging urge to neg OP for posting this BS, but I'm in a great mood because I'm going to eat unclean applesauce pancakes in a few minutes.
    Have a good day, everybody.

Opinions are not magically exempt from being wrong just becuase you declare them your opinion. When someone makes statements without citing their sources they SHOULD be questioned. Come up with some scientific proof what you say is true and people may consider taking you seriously.
    I would have definately posted links Adelaide but I am not allowed to yet as I haven't posted enough! But for those who want to you can look all of this up on this site. Have a look at Kris Gethins 12 week transformation programme. He covers nutrition and it will echo my opinion. Also Jaimie his female side kick! Most of the people who run this site use this form of nutrition. Again just to clarify, that makes it no more right than another aproach that works. But it is based on science fact. I haven't just pulled it out of thin air! Kris and I trained in the begining in a similar way before he moved to Oz. I have been studying health and nutrition for 14 years and continue to do so.

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    I'm going to eat unclean applesauce pancakes in a few minutes.
    you're a false bodybuilder

You have enough posts now, go forth and link.

Kris Gethins is only one person, I hope you have more sources than that. Even the most respected people in the BB community spout of something wacky once in a while.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    The board is going crazy these days, I'm not blaming kimm4 for leaving.

I have this nagging urge to neg OP for posting this BS, but I'm in a great mood because I'm going to eat unclean applesauce pancakes in a few minutes.
    Have a good day, everybody.
    Ah, you're a better person than I.

Mmm, those sound good. I'm getting ready to eat cinnamon rolls so I guess that makes me a "fake bodybuilder" despite the fact I've been lifting now for years :P. LOL, we just don't fall prey to broscience, I guess we should be thankful for that.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.