Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3266
    morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Wheyum View Post
    Hey guys I'm starting a home gym and have been looking around for racks on CL. I used to work out in my buddies garage before moving and he has a rogue W-4 with bumper plates. I planned on getting bumpers and a similar setup. But all I see on here is power rack! Power rack! Power rack! Lol. I don't see the need if I'm using bumpers but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks guys
    Does the W-4 have safeties? I didn't think so. If you miss a lift, you'll understand

... if you survive.

I don't get the price of the W-4. It seems like a lot less material than a power rack but it's close in price.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    Does the W-4 have safeties? I didn't think so. If you miss a lift, you'll understand

I don't get the price of the W-4. It seems like a lot less material than a power rack but it's close in price.
    $140 less than R-3! It's not that much less material, got those big wall connector pullup bar things. And you can add 20" safeties to it, for $135 and it becomes a half rack.

If you use bumpers you might get away with dropping missed squats with practice, oly lifters do. But bench needs those safeties.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a $130 difference. At 565.00 vs 695.00, the $130 doesn't seem like that big of a price difference to me... about 18.7% difference. But if you add $135 for safeties, the W-4 is actually $5 more than the R-3 (without considering the shipping costs). I don't know....It's missing two uprights and safeties... just doesn't seem to be as good of a value for the $ to me.

Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    $140 less than R-3! It's not that much less material, got those big wall connector pullup bar things. And you can add 20" safeties to it, for $135 and it becomes a half rack.

If you use bumpers you might get away with dropping missed squats with practice, oly lifters do. But bench needs those safeties.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    you can add 20" safeties to it, for $135 and it becomes a half rack.
    Half racks have plate storage. It's a squat stand with a bunch of pull up bars. Waste of space, just buy an S2 if you are considering this.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Half racks have plate storage. It's a squat stand with a bunch of pull up bars. Waste of space, just buy an S2 if you are considering this.
    It seems to me if you are getting to this point, you may as well buy a decent full rack with the cash. So, now we have gone full circle.

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    It seems to me if you are getting to this point, you may as well buy a decent full rack with the cash. So, now we have gone full circle.
    Agreed with GI and Paulie. Might as well buy the S2 or R4 and be done with it. Built in plate storage is going to save you a lot of time during your work out.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    Hard to tell, without even a brand name to go on. However, Considering the dimensions and weight, it is no more that 14g steel, if you are lucky. I don't know if Id take a chance on something like that without a fair number of legit positive reviews on it.
    I sent them a message, they said:

Hi, thanks for your email, it is 14 gauge.
    heavy duty high quality solid steel at lowest price in the market,
    hope to do business with you,
    sincerely,
    My All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146550893

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
    I sent them a message, they said:

Hi, thanks for your email, it is 14 gauge.
    heavy duty high quality solid steel at lowest price in the market,
    hope to do business with you,
    sincerely,
    Yeahhh...no. For that kind of price, it should be 11g. At that price, a Body Solid Refurb or a Powertec would be a much better option. Hell, if you went up $100 or so, you could grab a York rack, straight through a York rep.

Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think you guys, convinced me to go R-3 i dont really need the extra pullup bar space and didnt realize the spotter bars cost 135

Thanks!

R-3 eventually.. lol

Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For those that bought the Dark Horse rack from Sorinex, how long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine on the 14th and it hasn't shipped yet. I was told that I would have it before the end of the month, but that isn't going to happen.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kwazer View Post
    For those that bought the Dark Horse rack from Sorinex, how long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine on the 14th and it hasn't shipped yet. I was told that I would have it before the end of the month, but that isn't going to happen.
    I ordered mine on a Sunday night and it came that Thursday. I think mine was one of the first one that shipped out. I understand they are now getting smashed with orders for this rack.

The Dark Horse is also now available without plate storage for $799 shipped.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm looking for a squat rack/cage and bench press and I was looking at those model. Keep in mind, space is an issue.

simple rack: http://fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=367

rack with arm: http://fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=409

cage 1 with monkey bars :http://fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=263

cage/rack: http://fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=501

What do you think?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I ordered mine on a Sunday night and it came that Thursday. I think mine was one of the first one that shipped out. I understand they are now getting smashed with orders for this rack.

Have you gotten any kick-backs for doing so much pr for them? I'd be trying to get them to send me a NP bench.

Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You are lucky that you got yours so fast!

Monday will be two weeks from the date that I ordered/paid for it. Mine is being shipped to Canada, and they haven't sent it out yet, so I'm guessing that it will be another couple of weeks. I just have to be patient I guess. Though it is hard...I have a smaller room, so I`ve delayed setting up my home gym until I have the rack in there so that I can see where everything will fit. I passed over the Bodysolid 3x3 rack that I could get locally, in order to get this, but I think it will be worth the wait.

When did the $799 option come around? I discussed options with them when I ordered mine, and they didn't tell me about this.

p.s...you should get some kick backs from them. When I ordered mine I told them that I first heard about it after reading your post on this forum.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Monday will be two weeks from the date that I ordered/paid for it. Mine is being shipped to Canada, and they haven't sent it out yet, so I'm guessing that it will be another couple of weeks. I just have to be patient I guess. Though it is hard...I have a smaller room, so I`ve delayed setting up my home gym until I have the rack in there so that I can see where everything will fit. I passed over the Bodysolid 3x3 rack that I could get locally, in order to get this, but I think it will be worth the wait.

When did the $799 option come around? I discussed options with them when I ordered mine, and they didn't tell me about this.

p.s...you should get some kick backs from them. When I ordered mine I told them that I first heard about it after reading your post on this forum.
    You won't be disappointed... It's one bad a$$ rack. I've been traveling for business and haven't had much time to use it yet. I got mine with the NP bench that I will review. I'm sure Sorinex is getting crushed with orders for the Dark Horse. It's worth the $999 shipped all day long! I got mine about a week or so after ordering it, and it was ordered during the holidays. Great group of guys at Sorinex.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 ▪██─────██▪

IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100) IronWong is not very well liked. (-100)

Sounds like successful brainwashing. Or this is more of the same shilling, just more subtle. "I ordered a Sorinex Dark Horse earlier this week to replace my Rogue R3. The R3 was a good rack but wasn't really what I was looking for." (because I’m so noble so I must be trustworthy). Uh huh. Makes perfect sense.

Definition of SHILL

1: to act as a shill

2: to act as a spokesperson or promoter

If you can't dazzle them honesty, baffle them with bull****.

AKA GarageIron: forum.bodybuilding.com
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150378953&
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126624063&page=50&

AKA Craig McInnes: board.crossfit.com
    board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79723

AKA Surag: naijafinder.com
    naijafinder.com/workout-routines/240376-sorinex-dark-horse-power-rack.html

Perhaps the rest of you are GarageIron target market. GarageIron is banking on the brain-dead bodybuilding.com crowd to tweet their unending love for a SHILL feast such as this.

Interesting and obviously we already know such people infect most sites. GarageIron, come out of the closet as a paid shill.

Yeah, I think I nailed it.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Angry crossfitter?^
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

NearMiss9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Monday will be two weeks from the date that I ordered/paid for it. Mine is being shipped to Canada,
    How much did the shipping to Canada cost? (rough location of where you shipped to?)

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronWong View Post
    Sounds like successful brainwashing. Or this is more of the same shilling, just more subtle. "I ordered a Sorinex Dark Horse earlier this week to replace my Rogue R3. The R3 was a good rack but wasn't really what I was looking for." (because I’m so noble so I must be trustworthy). Uh huh. Makes perfect sense.

Definition of SHILL

1: to act as a shill

2: to act as a spokesperson or promoter

If you can't dazzle them honesty, baffle them with bull****.

AKA GarageIron: forum.bodybuilding.com
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150378953&
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126624063&page=50&

AKA Craig McInnes: board.crossfit.com
    board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79723

AKA Surag: naijafinder.com
    naijafinder.com/workout-routines/240376-sorinex-dark-horse-power-rack.html

Perhaps the rest of you are GarageIron target market. GarageIron is banking on the brain-dead bodybuilding.com crowd to tweet their unending love for a SHILL feast such as this.

Interesting and obviously we already know such people infect most sites. GarageIron, come out of the closet as a paid shill.

Yeah, I think I nailed it.
    Your contribution to this forum is no more helpful to others than a boil in an armpit. Garageiron has been a good source of helpful information for some time. Come back when you actually have something that's of help to others. Oops- I see you're already banned.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by NearMiss9 View Post
    How much did the shipping to Canada cost? (rough location of where you shipped to?)
    They charged me $180 to BC.

Shipping within the US is free, so if you live close to the border, you can drive down and pick it up and bring it back yourself.

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright, so my Dad still yet to get me a christmas gift, and my birthday is in march, I was originally asking for a mig welder (I'm into cars) but i figure a cheap power rack I would probably use more. Whats best of the under $400 club on amazon with a cheap bench to go with it? TDS vs Atlas . Powerline is out of the question.

I'm sure a cheap rack is alot better than what I'm using now (no rack) and I surely can't outgrow it any time soon.

Maybe I could see if he could push for the powertec
    My All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146550893

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
    Alright, so my Dad still yet to get me a christmas gift, and my birthday is in march, I was originally asking for a mig welder (I'm into cars) but i figure a cheap power rack I would probably use more. Whats best of the under $400 club on amazon with a cheap bench to go with it? TDS vs Atlas . Powerline is out of the question.

I'm sure a cheap rack is alot better than what I'm using now (no rack) and I surely can't outgrow it any time soon.

Maybe I could see if he could push for the powertec
    I would wait until I could get a better rack, at least one that you wouldn't want to replace in a year or so. There are several good racks in the $400- $800 price range , or even better, get a really good used rack for the price of a cheap one.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000)
    alright guys, finally have my own place (renting) and gonna get a rack so i dont have to keep trudging to the overcrowded base gyms and suffer with their terrible hours. I dont wanna skimp since I know ill have it for years and years so I might as well get a good quality. after reading a lot through this thread and other threads, I think Ive decided on an elite fts 3x3 byo. Some of my preferences: definitely strength and stability (even without bolting to the ground), weight storage, hole spacing, and a good assortment of extras/expandability to add extras later. I like the price and hole spacing on the texas strength, but the elite just really has everything. great construction, sumo base, great j hooks, etc. I looked at the legend and its nice, but no sumo base, hole spacing and a couple other features make it just decent. for just a couple hundred more, I could get the elite which seems much better. i know they are overpriced, but i'd rather get something once than have to purchase something better in a few years. i've done that too often, and esp with something over a grand as a starting point (even to go "cheap" with the darkhorse or something) i dont want to do it here. Any comments, info to push or pull me in any direction, or are the elite racks a good choice?

also, I need a bench and weights. should I package one of the elite adjustable benches with the rack to save shipping costs? or is there a certain top quality bench out there? searches didnt turn up too much other than people looking for cheap benches. I'm looking to get quality that will last a long time, not cheap stuff i dont wanna skimp the money on. I'll get a good quality oly bar and keep my eye out for ebay weights, but being in pensacola/milton, fl there is almost nothing on craigslist. so i'll probably have to buy a set online. Ive read york barbell is good quality and direct from their company would offer good packages and possible deals.

Thanks guys and all input is appreciated
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

US Navy

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Your contribution to this forum is no more helpful to others than a boil in an armpit. Garageiron has been a good source of helpful information for some time. Come back when you actually have something that's of help to others. Oops- I see you're already banned.
    Yep you nailed it Irongrandpa. Garageiron's posts are always informed.

ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahoskinson44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thebraj View Post
    alright guys, finally have my own place (renting) and gonna get a rack so i dont have to keep trudging to the overcrowded base gyms and suffer with their terrible hours. I dont wanna skimp since I know ill have it for years and years so I might as well get a good quality. after reading a lot through this thread and other threads, I think Ive decided on an elite fts 3x3 byo. Some of my preferences: definitely strength and stability (even without bolting to the ground), weight storage, hole spacing, and a good assortment of extras/expandability to add extras later. I like the price and hole spacing on the texas strength, but the elite just really has everything. great construction, sumo base, great j hooks, etc. I looked at the legend and its nice, but no sumo base, hole spacing and a couple other features make it just decent. for just a couple hundred more, I could get the elite which seems much better. i know they are overpriced, but i'd rather get something once than have to purchase something better in a few years. i've done that too often, and esp with something over a grand as a starting point (even to go "cheap" with the darkhorse or something) i dont want to do it here. Any comments, info to push or pull me in any direction, or are the elite racks a good choice?

also, I need a bench and weights. should I package one of the elite adjustable benches with the rack to save shipping costs? or is there a certain top quality bench out there? searches didnt turn up too much other than people looking for cheap benches. I'm looking to get quality that will last a long time, not cheap stuff i dont wanna skimp the money on. I'll get a good quality oly bar and keep my eye out for ebay weights, but being in pensacola/milton, fl there is almost nothing on craigslist. so i'll probably have to buy a set online. Ive read york barbell is good quality and direct from their company would offer good packages and possible deals.

I don't know anything about the racks you mentioned but I have a rack made by reflex and I don't think they get much more heavier duty than this. It weighs close the 300 lbs and you can get the plate storage as an option. I think they are around 900 dollars brand new, I bought mine used for 575 dollars recently. I love it. That sucks that there is not much on craigslist for you, thats where I bought mine. I guess I got real lucky because this has been the only nice rack I have seen in like 4 months and it was only like 20 minutes away. Good luck.
    United States Navy Veteran
    NIU Graduate

Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bough a dark horse a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it.

thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000) thebraj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ahoskinson44 View Post
    I don't know anything about the racks you mentioned but I have a rack made by reflex and I don't think they get much more heavier duty than this. It weighs close the 300 lbs and you can get the plate storage as an option. I think they are around 900 dollars brand new, I bought mine used for 575 dollars recently. I love it. That sucks that there is not much on craigslist for you, thats where I bought mine. I guess I got real lucky because this has been the only nice rack I have seen in like 4 months and it was only like 20 minutes away. Good luck.
    thats a great deal man! and yup the stuff on craigslist under workout stuff is garbage. they have some bench/weight deals but its like a cheap bench with toothpick supports from like walmart. theres like a 5 ft barbell and a handful of ****ty circular weights no more than 200 lbs total weight. and they ask like 300 bucks for this stuff. one guy was selling a cheap barbell, a curl bar, 20-30lbs of weights and one dumbell. his asking price was 200.. the only decent thing was a post from like december who was selling actual plates, not any good brand it seemed, but they were rusted/not the best condition. and was still asking 80 cents/lb. even if i could haggle to 50cents, they werent even nice enough for that. thats why i might as well buy new, and get the best instead of settling now and later needing to upgrade.

Anyone else have thoughts about my perspective purchase?
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

US Navy

Originally Posted by thebraj View Post

Elite racks are always going to be a good choice. However, it depends whether you want to spend that kind of money or not. For $300-$400 less total shipped price, you can get the Dark Horse, or for $500 less, a Promaxima FW-163. Both are going to be about bulletproof, and last you a liftime. The Promaxima rack offers color options, with just a 2-3 week delivery time, and the racks are built in Houston in their own facility. What I'm saying, is that you can still get a high quality rack, without spending that kind of jack.

As far as quality plates go, I would contact Allison at York, Juan at Cemco, or Adamant Barbell for Troy commercial plates, with a $50 max shipping charge. There are times that going to Adamant barbell for Troy plates will be cheaper than company direct, because of $50 shipping, which 1/2 to a 1/3 less than company direct shipping quotes I've recieved.

It's too bad you are so damn far away. I just listed a crap load of Ivanko OM 45 pound plates for sale on my local craigslist.
    Last edited by Paulie_G; 02-06-2013 at 08:07 AM.

SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolyBuds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So its been about two years since i purchased my Powertec rack and i could not be any happier. I stumbled upon this thread and decided to read through all the comments just for fun to see how the rack world has progressed. To my surprise as i started reaching the end of this thread more and more people where bashing the Powertec rack. I know its a beginner rack and all but it seems to be built quite well although i am unsure of the gauge in material. So i was just wondering what are the negatives considering this rack?

Price point?
    Build quality?

Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SolyBuds View Post
    So its been about two years since i purchased my Powertec rack and i could not be any happier. I stumbled upon this thread and decided to read through all the comments just for fun to see how the rack world has progressed. To my surprise as i started reaching the end of this thread more and more people where bashing the Powertec rack. I know its a beginner rack and all but it seems to be built quite well although i am unsure of the gauge in material. So i was just wondering what are the negatives considering this rack?

Price point?
    Build quality?
    from what i have seen it isnt a bad rack. i was trying to buy one used on CL but never heard from the person. i would have definitely got one if i could have used for a good price. as for new i figured it was pointless and to just spend like 300-400 more and get a dark horse which will definitely be better.