Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3266
    DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    OK guys. I sold my rack, and I'm trying to decide on a replacement. I can't make a damn decision. I'm really hoping to limit the total price (rack plus shipping) to under $800. Right now, I have it down to the following racks. You will notice one of them is an open top rack. All of my options are limited by ceiling height. I really need to stay below 82" to have any shot at using the pull up bar. All racks listed are either short enough at stock, or the company is willing to cut the rack to size. All racks fit in my budget via company rep quotes. Initially, I planned on the TSS rack as my first choice, but they told me they are 5-6 weeks behind right now, and they are only 12g steel. Please help me decide, or offer any other better options. Thanks!

York FTS Power Cage
    http://www.yorkbarbell.com/NonCommer...ProductID=1466

Promaxima FW-113 Competition Power rack
    http://www.promaxima.com/default.asp...Angle+Base.htm

Texas Strength Systems Galvanized/Unpainted Power rack
    http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

Titan Power Cage
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92560.html
    I've been waiting on you for months!!! So I have to ask..... What happened to the rack you traded work for?

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DamonB82 View Post
    I've been waiting on you for months!!! So I have to ask..... What happened to the rack you traded work for?
    That's actually the rack I sold. It was generally pretty nice. I just could never get it quite as stable as I would like it to be, no matter how many times I bolted/unbolted it.It just never felt the way I wanted it to. If I could go back, I have designed the base a bit different too. I ended up selling it yesterday for near $600, which is going toward the new rack.

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK guys. I sold my rack, and I'm trying to decide on a replacement. I can't make a damn decision. I'm really hoping to limit the total price (rack plus shipping) to under $800. Right now, I have it down to the following racks. You will notice one of them is an open top rack. All of my options are limited by ceiling height. I really need to stay below 82" to have any shot at using the pull up bar. All racks listed are either short enough at stock, or the company is willing to cut the rack to size. All racks fit in my budget via company rep quotes. Initially, I planned on the TSS rack as my first choice, but they told me they are 5-6 weeks behind right now, and they are only 12g steel. Please help me decide, or offer any other better options. Thanks!

York FTS Power Cage
    http://www.yorkbarbell.com/NonCommer...ProductID=1466

Promaxima FW-113 Competition Power rack
    http://www.promaxima.com/default.asp...Angle+Base.htm

Texas Strength Systems Galvanized/Unpainted Power rack
    http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

Titan Power Cage
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92560.html
    Paulie, Make sure you check out the latest specs of the TSS rack before you purchase. Promaxima is pretty good. I would probably take them over the other 2. For almost the same price, you can look at SNP & Edge as well. Any reason you are not considering Legend? Since you are located in Tennesse, you may avoid high shipping.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hulked View Post
    Paulie, Make sure you check out the latest specs of the TSS rack before you purchase. Promaxima is pretty good. I would probably take them over the other 2. For almost the same price, you can look at SNP & Edge as well. Any reason you are not considering Legend? Since you are located in Tennesse, you may avoid high shipping.
    What is it about the latest specs at TSS that should concern me? I think right now, Promaxima is in the lead, though I wish the full specs on the rack were posted on their website, so I could compare when I'm researching online. I just sent Scott at SNP an email, and I'm waiting for a reply from him. Both Legend and Dynabody were up for consideration because they are w/in 1.5 hours of me, but I didn't really care for their offerings and quotes at this price point. Not to mention Legend told me it might take over 2 months for a custom cut rack to get to me. The only reason I even considered TDS is that they kind of owe me "compensation" for a damage product I bought from them a few months ago, which will result in a discount.
    Last edited by Paulie_G; 01-20-2013 at 08:47 AM.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would choose the York or the Promaxima, both are solid racks. The York is nearly identical to the Parabody 843 rack and I've been really satisfied with it . I've used that Promaxima and it's a solid rack.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rack 1.jpgRack 2.jpgRack 3.jpgRack 1.jpgRack 2.jpgRack 3.jpg
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    My plate storage is not on the inside or outside, it's both. If you look at mine it is offset to the right on both sides. If I had the extra holes up top either of the uprights could be flipped around to set the plate storage inside or outside.

Mine is not reversible:

Yours is:

Pelipe's is reversible but the left one needs to be switched (rotated front to back) around to get the attachment holes to the outside on both:

I believe they are supposed to mounted to the outside. This creates a 44" spacing between the 2x2's. Sorinex makes 44" cross members for their Basefit line and I'm assuming they set the spacing this way for compatibility with those products (say you wanted a rear cross member for stability etc).

When my rack was built, there were specifically left and right uprights (I got two right ones). By drilling the extra holes for the pull up bar, they can make one reversible part that can be used on either side.
    Good Eye GarageIron
    I realized my mistake after putting it together. Since then I have fixed it.

see attached photos
    Last edited by Pelipe; 01-20-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: adding pictures
    PT, DPT
    Doctor of Physical Therapy
    Certified manual therapist

Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rack 2.jpgRack 3.jpgRack 1.jpgGood Eye GarageIron
    I realized my mistake after putting it together. Since then I have fixed it.

see attached photos[/QUOTE]
    Sorry having trouble adding pictures
    PT, DPT

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is it about the latest specs at TSS that should concern me? I think right now, Promaxima is in the lead, though I wish the full specs on the rack were posted on their website, so I could compare when I'm researching online. I just sent Scott at SNP an email, and I'm waiting for a reply from him. Both Legend and Dynabody were up for consideration because they are w/in 1.5 hours of me, but I didn't really care for their offerings and quotes at this price point. Not to mention Legend told me it might take over 2 months for a custom cut rack to get to me. The only reason I even considered TDS is that they kind of owe me "compensation" for a damage product I bought from them a few months ago, which will result in a discount.
    Texas Strength are supposedly made with the same material used in sign posts, which turns some people off (I don't know enough about the strength and quality of signpost material to have an opinion one way or another).

Have you considered the Body Solid GPR378? It's not in the same league as the racks you're looking at, but at $400-450 shipped, you can't beat the price. The downsides: 3" hole spacing, bottom rear cross member prevents you from squatting off the back, unusual 1 5/16" diameter holes makes 3rd-party add-ons difficult to use (such as extra J-cups). On the positive side, it's heavy, sturdy, and only 79" high.

Unless you have your heart set on a 4-post rack, have you considered something like Rogue's S2 with spotter arms? You can get it cut down to fit, and it looks sturdy. As much as I like my GPR378, I do miss the convenience of the "openness" of a half rack. It's more of a hassle to move bars and benches in and out of 4-sided power racks than half racks.

Well, I've decided to step up in budget, and get a Sorinex Dark Horse rack. I heard from a rep today (yes, on a Sunday) that they would be willing to cut one to 80" for me, but with a 6 week lead time. I decided this was the best plan after an hour long conversation with Scott at SNP Equipment. He was really surprised by the rack, and said he couldn't do anything close for the price. I'll be ordering tomorrow.

Weisgarb- I know that plenty of people love that Body-Solid rack, especially for the price. However, two things prevented me from buying one. I really like a much deeper, or non-existent base in the back of the rack. The Body-Solid's base ends at the rear uprights. Also, I like to have several pairs of J-hooks. The J-hooks made for these are NEVER in stock, at least when I've checked.
    Last edited by Paulie_G; 01-21-2013 at 06:00 AM.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I've decided to step up in budget, and get a Sorinex Dark Horse rack. I heard from a rep today (yes, on a Sunday) that they would be willing to cut one to 80" for me, but with a 6 week lead time. I decided this was the best plan after an hour long conversation with Scott at SNP Equipment. He was really surprised by the rack, and said he couldn't do anything close for the price. I'll be ordering tomorrow. Weisgarb- I know that plenty of people love that Body-Solid rack, especially for the price. However, two things prevented me from buying one. I really like a much deeper, or non-existent base in the back of the rack. The Body-Solid's base ends at the rear uprights. Also, I like to have several pairs of J-hooks. The J-hooks made for these are NEVER in stock, at least when I've checked.
    Great choice! I love my DH. Glad to hear another one is getting shipped out. Now that a few other guys on here have one, I'm sure they agree that the rack is a heavy piece of kit and a steal at that price.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-20-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, I've decided to step up in budget, and get a Sorinex Dark Horse rack. I heard from a rep today (yes, on a Sunday) that they would be willing to cut one to 80" for me, but with a 6 week lead time. I decided this was the best plan after an hour long conversation with Scott at SNP Equipment. He was really surprised by the rack, and said he couldn't do anything close for the price. I'll be ordering tomorrow. Weisgarb- I know that plenty of people love that Body-Solid rack, especially for the price. However, two things prevented me from buying one. I really like a much deeper, or non-existent base in the back of the rack. The Body-Solid's base ends at the rear uprights. Also, I like to have several pairs of J-hooks. The J-hooks made for these are NEVER in stock, at least when I've checked.
    Great choice. Once you go above 500 in budget, its really tough to beat the DH... Regarding ur earlier question. The TSS racks were 11g, 2.5x2.5 earlier. Now they are 12g, 2.25x2.25... This change was withing the last 6 months or so.

The sorinex team is very flexible in customizing the DH. Just a thought, you can also have the plate storage in 3x3 and or the same height as the rack

Congrats. Repped for the followup.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great choice. Once you go above 500 in budget, its really tough to beat the DH... Regarding ur earlier question. The TSS racks were 11g, 2.5x2.5 earlier. Now they are 12g, 2.25x2.25... This change was withing the last 6 months or so.

The sorinex team is very flexible in customizing the DH. Just a thought, you can also have the plate storage in 3x3 and or the same height as the rack

Hey, sorry and I am sure this has already been answered. What is the thickness gauge (ie 7 gauge, 11 gauge, 14 gauge) of the darkhorse?

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcdonald View Post
    Hey, sorry and I am sure this has already been answered. What is the thickness gauge (ie 7 gauge, 11 gauge, 14 gauge) of the darkhorse?
    It's 11g
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Great choice! I love my DH. Glad to hear another one is getting shipped out. Now that a few other guys on here have one, I'm sure they agree that the rack is a heavy piece of kit and a steal at that price.

The ONLY variable now is the Promaxima. The quote was about $150 less than the Sorinex. Now, the picture of the Promax rack doesn't make it look like a particularly outstanding rack. However, the invoice/quote I received stated "with plate storage rack". So, I'm wondering if that particular option is included, but just not pictured. If it has weight storage on the rear, it will make the rack significantly more substantial. That would put it in the running still for 4 reasons. First, the quality between companies is close. Second, the quote was $150 less. Third, if I buy the Promaxima, I'll have some extra cash to buy my Ironmaster dumbbell add on kit. Last, and least important is lead time. Promaxima tells me their lead time is 2 weeks, where Sorinex say 6 weeks. I know that the power rack is not an item to go cheap on, or cut corners with, since it will last you a lifetime, and it's the most important piece of equipment in any home gym. However, with the companies we are talking about, it's really slitting hairs in terms of quality.

I'll have more info by this afternoon. I really want something ordered by the end of the day.

EDIT: I made a mistake on the Promaxima model. What I was quoted for was the FW-163 Official Texas Power meet rack, that DOES have rear weight storage. So, this complicates my decision a bit, since the Promaxima is like $250 cheaper after custom height upcharges on both racks. I started a new thread, requesting assistance with a final decision, since I can't make up my mind. LOL
    Last edited by Paulie_G; 01-21-2013 at 08:49 AM.

pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For those that have received the Sorinex Dark Horse, what company was used for delivery? Was the rack just brought to the end of the truck for you to take off or was the pallet actually lowered to the ground and brought up to your house?

Originally Posted by pjones1 View Post
    For those that have received the Sorinex Dark Horse, what company was used for delivery? Was the rack just brought to the end of the truck for you to take off or was the pallet actually lowered to the ground and brought up to your house?
    Not sure of the shipping company. They brought it on a pallet and lowered off the truck and put it in my garage.
    PT, DPT

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here ^^^^^^. Delivery company used on my order was Estes. Rolled out 2 large pallets and lowered onto driveway. Would have put into my garage but I asked them to leave it on the driveway.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 ▪██─────██▪

pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pjones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by StephanBB View Post
    Same here ^^^^^^. Delivery company used on my order was Estes. Rolled out 2 large pallets and lowered onto driveway. Would have put into my garage but I asked them to leave it on the driveway.
    What else did you get other than the DH? That pallet on the left is oddly shaped and has me curious.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    What else did you get other than the DH? That pallet on the left is oddly shaped and has me curious.
    I'm going to guess it is a GHD.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorinex Glute Ham Developer... The GHD is actually quite large as you can see in my pics. It's deceiving on the Sorinex site.

https://store.sorinex.com/The-FNGHD-...am-p/ghd-2.htm

I'll take a pic with my wife on it. You can kind of see it in this pic when I was bolting together the Dark Horse.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 ▪██─────██▪

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any thoughts/reviews on this thing?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELUXE-POWER...item53f374db18
    My All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146550893

Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
    Any thoughts/reviews on this thing?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELUXE-POWER...item53f374db18
    Hard to tell, without even a brand name to go on. However, Considering the dimensions and weight, it is no more that 14g steel, if you are lucky. I don't know if Id take a chance on something like that without a fair number of legit positive reviews on it.

HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That surprises me about Dynabody. I figured Heavy could custom build you a rack cheaper than than the others you mentioned. How far was he off?

Originally Posted by HowardCSCS View Post
    That surprises me about Dynabody. I figured Heavy could custom build you a rack cheaper than than the others you mentioned. How far was he off?
    Admittedly, I spend less time looking at Dynabody than anyone else. I've used them in the past, and I just don't care for the base rack, the 127, which is what they would have customized in my price range. When I originally requested a quoted months ago, it took several mails to get a reply, and the quote prior to adding any weight storage was around $600, if I went down and picked it up. However, that was a couple of months ago, and I didn't hang on to the quote info, so I'm not 100% on the price.

HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HowardCSCS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Admittedly, I spend less time looking at Dynabody than anyone else. I've used them in the past, and I just don't care for the base rack, the 127, which is what they would have customized in my price range. When I originally requested a quoted months ago, it took several mails to get a reply, and the quote prior to adding any weight storage was around $600, if I went down and picked it up. However, that was a couple of months ago, and I didn't hang on to the quote info, so I'm not 100% on the price.
    Ha, yeah, I love Heavy, but prompt communication is not his strong suit. I'm hoping to start selling equipment for him in a couple of weeks so if anyone wants any info just shoot me a line.

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's a cool custom cage/ pulley system from Strength Inc (StrengthEquipment.net):

Basic Power Rack: 3" x 3" x .120 (11 guage) square tubing with 1-1/4"
    Safety pins and One pair of J-Hooks. Weight Storage and straight chinup
    bar.:
    Option: 3" x 3" x .188 (7 guage) with 1-3/8" Safety Pins. one pair of
    J-Hooks and Straight Chinup bar with adjustable width handles. Weight
    Storage.
    Option: Sumo Style:
    Option: Extra pair of J-Hooks (1-1/2" longer for 1-1/2" adjustment on bar
    height:
    Option: Extra Pair of Safety Pins:
    Option: Monkey Bar Chin Up: (as shown on rack on website)
    Option: Plate Load Lat/Row with Footplate for row:
    Option: Low Row Bench: (removable, can be used outside of rack)
    Option: Selectrorized Weight Stack Lat/Row: 250lb: or 300lb:
    Option: Band holes and adjustable Band Pins top and Bottom:
    Option: Spacers for Safety Pins to space every 1" increments:
    Option: 4" x 4" Power Rack
    Other options such as Belt Squat or
    Power Arms attachment.

Another cage/ pulley system
    Pro-Fitness.com
    They'll also do custom stack weights if 200 is not enough.
    Last edited by BAVE; 01-22-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey guys I'm starting a home gym and have been looking around for racks on CL. I used to work out in my buddies garage before moving and he has a rogue W-4 with bumper plates. I planned on getting bumpers and a similar setup. But all I see on here is power rack! Power rack! Power rack! Lol. I don't see the need if I'm using bumpers but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks guys

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wheyum View Post
    all I see on here is power rack! Power rack! Power rack! Lol. I don't see the need if I'm using bumpers but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks guys
    What did you expect to see in the "The Official Power Rack Thread?"
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by Wheyum View Post
    Hey guys I'm starting a home gym and have been looking around for racks on CL. I used to work out in my buddies garage before moving and he has a rogue W-4 with bumper plates. I planned on getting bumpers and a similar setup. But all I see on here is power rack! Power rack! Power rack! Lol. I don't see the need if I'm using bumpers but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks guys
    It's about lift failure and physical injury prevention. Get stuck under a heavy bench press just once, and you'll instanty know why a rack is your best friend, and the most important piece in a home gym.

Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I see what your saying for the bench but I would definitely buy some spotter arms. I'm using bumper plates i could just drop anything that's too heavy in squat form or anything And I know this is the power rack thread lol but I meant in this equipment forum in general
    Last edited by Wheyum; 01-22-2013 at 07:54 PM.