Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3266
    Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Embedded and repped. Nice gym.
    Thanks Stasher1 and repped back
    PT, DPT
    Doctor of Physical Therapy
    Certified manual therapist

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sweet looking gym Congrats!

Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some great posts, setup, reviews in here! Trying to decide on a setup for myself. Can't post links cause Im a newb

But Ive narrowed it down to the Marcy MP8300 from Costco ($580 shipped) and has a bench.

or AmStaff TP006D. ($400 shipped) But need to buy a bench

or go all out and get a AmStaff TR023. ($570 shipped) but again, need to spend on a bench.

I am limited on what I can lift due to an arm injury. So Im not sure I'll max out any of these, including the Marcy unit.

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scottsbaker View Post
    Some great posts, setup, reviews in here! Trying to decide on a setup for myself. Can't post links cause Im a newb

But Ive narrowed it down to the Marcy MP8300 from Costco ($580 shipped) and has a bench.

or AmStaff TP006D. ($400 shipped) But need to buy a bench

or go all out and get a AmStaff TR023. ($570 shipped) but again, need to spend on a bench.

I am limited on what I can lift due to an arm injury. So Im not sure I'll max out any of these, including the Marcy unit.
    Depends what your goals are man and I'm sorry to be harsh but all three of those racks are rubbish.

If your budget is that low at least get the Powertec that seems to be reviewed well here....or save a few hundred more dollars and get something a level up.

Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scottsbaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vmango View Post
    Depends what your goals are man and I'm sorry to be harsh but all three of those racks are rubbish.

If your budget is that low at least get the Powertec that seems to be reviewed well here....or save a few hundred more dollars and get something a level up.
    no, I appreciate the feedback. Goals are simple. Not trying to be a pro or anything. But I workout 4-5 times a week. Just improve overall fitness.

The Powertech PR11 is going to run me at least $700 shipped. Plus I'll have to buy a bench. But thats why I asked the question. Looking for the feedback.

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is what will happen. You will buy one of those crappy racks thinking "this fits my budget, whatever I won't lift much." You will get into it and start lifting more weight. Those racks will either fall apart and/or make you nervous as you work out. You will end up buying a better rack anyway.

Ask a lot of guys here how they know ^^

Just buy a better rack from the beginning....even if it takes you a few more months to save up.....it's worth it.

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On ebay the blemished deltech 4500 rack is going for $295 + $20 shipping.
    just about the cheapest rack New I've seen. granted shipping may be different to Nova Scotia, but in the US $315 shipped is pretty ridiculous. It's not an amazing rack by any means, but it is higher quality than the marcy and probably the other two. Body sollid has a rack for $499 shipped as well, that I know is better than the deltech or the other 3. hope this helps, but more power to you for grabbing a rack and doin' it.

Thanks. The deltech is us only. No luck with that. Thanks again for the feedback!

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To anyone out there who has owned a Texas Strength Systems rack for a while, I had a few questions on features. I am about to pull the trigger on one of their unpainted racks, and am going back and forth on their myriad of options.
    Here's the background: My setup will basically be the rack with any attachments that I get with it, and a pair of 90 lb. adjustable dumbbells, in a room in the house, so I won't have any more room for standalone lat pulls/ leg press machines etc. like I would if I was setup in the garage. Of course I know that is all I need.
    I am selling my hoist hf4985 smith machine to finance the cage.

How's the pulley setup they offer work? Is it smooth? Would you get it again? If you didn't order it the first time, do you wish you had?
    Any other options (belt squat, monkey bar, swing in safeties, {monolift} <kidding on the last one>) that I just absolutely need to have?

From talking to the owner I have told that the way they build their racks is that the pulley and weight storage has to be built at the same time. If you order the weight storage, but don't order the pulley carriage in between the weight rack uprights, it can't be added on later. Any other option can be added on as need arises.

The wife does do some weights sometimes, but is more likely to use a pulley feature, so I have been considering adding it to give myself some variety, but don't want to waste the money if it doesn't function smoothly. I am in driving distance to San Antonio so I will be picking it up, so yeah I know the Dark horse is sweet, but TSS is a little cheaper if I don't pay shipping with them, and until Sorinex starts making Dark Horse accessories, more upgradeable over time.
    Last edited by scottofio; 01-15-2013 at 07:19 PM.

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scottofio View Post
    To anyone out there who has owned a Texas Strength Systems rack for a while, I had a few questions on features. I am about to pull the trigger on one of their unpainted racks, and am going back and forth on their myriad of options.
    Here's the background: My setup will basically be the rack with any attachments that I get with it, and a pair of 90 lb. adjustable dumbbells, in a room in the house, so I won't have any more room for standalone lat pulls/ leg press machines etc. like I would if I was setup in the garage. Of course I know that is all I need.

How's the pulley setup they offer work? Is it smooth? Would you get it again? If you didn't order it the first time, do you wish you had?
    Any other options (belt squat, monkey bar, swing in safeties, {monolift} <kidding on the last one>) that I just absolutely need to have?

From talking to the owner I have told that the way they build their racks is that the pulley and weight storage has to be built at the same time. If you order the weight storage, but don't order the pulley carriage in between the weight rack uprights, it can't be added on later. Any other option can be added on as need arises.

The wife does do some weights sometimes, but is more likely to use a pulley feature, so I have been considering adding it to give myself some variety, but don't want to waste the money if it doesn't function smoothly. I am in driving distance to San Antonio so I will be picking it up, so yeah I know the Dark horse is sweet, but TSS is a little cheaper if I don't pay shipping with them, and until Sorinex starts making Dark Horse accessories, more upgradeable over time.
    I looked at the same piece because they are a few hours from me as well. I just didn't like the look of that low row setup. It looks awkward and like it would be a real PITA to set up during a workout. I have a feeling that if your wife likes pulleys she will dislike having to use this one. May want to save for a stand alone lat low row.

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Pelipe View Post
    New dark horse came yesterday. Took about 2 hours to put together by myself. Did legs this morning really like it. Thank garage iron for pointing me towards this rack. Pictures to follow
    Very nice. What size room is your gym? Any more shots of the rest of it?

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scottofio View Post

I considered this rack once but dismissed it when I learned it was made from Telespar (Stop Sign post material). It may be fine but I couldn't get past it. I would ask what gauge the steel is, I have no clue but would guess 12g. Most of the Rogue Monster Series accessories fit the Dark Horse and Sorinex is creating many (I email them daily and threaten to buy Rogue stuff) accessories for the Dark Horse. I do admit though that the TSS rack looks pretty bad ass.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-15-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Pelipe View Post
    New dark horse came yesterday. Took about 2 hours to put together by myself. Did legs this morning really like it. Thank garage iron for pointing me towards this rack. Pictures to follow
    No problem man!

Could you take a pic of the top cross members for me?

I spoke to Dan and suggested that they drill holes on both sides of the cross member (front and back) to eliminate the Left and right upright problem. He spoke to their team and thanked me for the idea and said they would do that going forward.

Either your rack has the same problem as mine and they did not fix it, or yours is put together with one upright backwards. I can tell that your plate storage is not centred, like mine.

This is what mine looks like...

If they fixed it based on what I suggested... you should have 2 additional holes near the rear of the top cross member on your rack, like a spot to mount a pull up bar on the rear.

Anyone think it may be time for a new 2013 Official Power Rack thread ? Amazing info in here but it would be great to compile what has been learned, changed, etc and update the the generous fellow's info that posted this thread originally (with credit due of course), and start a 2013 thread. Just a thought.

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Most of the Rogue Monster Series accessories fit the Dark Horse and Sorinex is creating many (I email them daily and threaten to buy Rogue stuff) accessories for the Dark Horse.
    out of curiosity, have you tried the Rogue accessories on the Dark Horse or is this an assumption based on the similar tolerances? I think the Sorinex holes are 1 1/16" to receive 1" diameter pins, where as the Rogue holes are 1 1/32" for I think 1" pins, as well.

I believe the Texas strength rack is 12 gauge steel 2.5 by 2.5 posts. I'd be interested to have confirmed if the dark horse is compatible with the rogue monster accessories as well. Anyone actually ordered them and had them fit correctly?

MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone think it may be time for a new 2013 Official Power Rack thread ? Amazing info in here but it would be great to compile what has been learned, changed, etc and update the the generous fellow's info that posted this thread originally (with credit due of course), and start a 2013 thread. Just a thought.
    Good idea. Although that would be quite the undertaking to compile and condense everything in this thread and start a new one.

Any takers?

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No problem man!

I spoke to Dan and suggested that they drill holes on both sides of the cross member (front and back) to eliminate the Left and right upright problem. He spoke to their team and thanked me for the idea and said they would do that going forward.

Either your rack has the same problem as mine and they did not fix it, or yours is put together with one upright backwards. I can tell that your plate storage is not centred, like mine.

This is what mine looks like...

If they fixed it based on what I suggested... you should have 2 additional holes near the rear of the top cross member on your rack, like a spot to mount a pull up bar on the rear.
    Got mine a week or so ago. Just had a chance to put it together. Here's what mine looks like. Definitely new design.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorinex also addressed the close weld problem.

Last edited by StephanBB; 01-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Looks like the holes are there in Pelipe's photo. Their just difficult to see. You can see them on the outside left side if you look closely.

Originally Posted by BAVE View Post
    Update:
    The rack is STILL on the pallet but I just received some additional goodies for it:
    1.Special ordered red reverse spotter arms with UHMW protection
    2.Additional red UHMW line J-cups
    3.Step up platform: this will be used as a makeshift reverse hyper bench along with standard step uses

Turns out I have aproximately 3 more months before it'll be put to use.

Originally Posted by BAVE View Post
    Update:
    The rack is STILL on the pallet but I just received some additional goodies for it:
    <snip>
    That's a sweet setup. It's gotta be killing you having it just sit like that.

No problem man!

<snip>
    Hey Garageiron. Now that I think about this some more, even with the holes on both sides of the crossmember, there is still a left/right. The rear 2x2 weight storage does not attach to the 3x3 at the center. There will always be an inside or outside hole pattern for that rear connection, which means a left or right. In comparing our pics. I have mine mounted on the outer edge, it appears you have yours on the inside. Not sure it's a huge deal. I wonder which is correct.

Originally Posted by StephanBB View Post
    Hey Garageiron. Now that I think about this some more, even with the holes on both sides of the crossmember, there is still a left/right. The rear 2x2 weight storage does not attach to the 3x3 at the center. There will always be an inside or outside hole pattern for that rear connection, which means a left or right. In comparing our pics. I have mine mounted on the outer edge, it appears you have yours on the inside. Not sure it's a huge deal. I wonder which is correct.
    My plate storage is not on the inside or outside, it's both. If you look at mine it is offset to the right on both sides. If I had the extra holes up top either of the uprights could be flipped around to set the plate storage inside or outside.

Mine is not reversible:

Yours is:

Pelipe's is reversible but the left one needs to be switched (rotated front to back) around to get the attachment holes to the outside on both:

I believe they are supposed to mounted to the outside. This creates a 44" spacing between the 2x2's. Sorinex makes 44" cross members for their Basefit line and I'm assuming they set the spacing this way for compatibility with those products (say you wanted a rear cross member for stability etc).

When my rack was built, there were specifically left and right uprights (I got two right ones). By drilling the extra holes for the pull up bar, they can make one reversible part that can be used on either side.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-18-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Originally Posted by StephanBB View Post
    That's a sweet setup. It's gotta be killing you having it just sit like that.
    Definitely frustrating. The home should have been done but we just keep getting delays. For now I'm using a joke of a set of squat stands. I bought some valor stands for temporary use and one already had a failed spotter arm and an unstable frame.

AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the market myself for a rack and I have a little over 1K to spend on it. The Dark Horse rack looks amazing for the prices and the accessories that you get with it.

I one question to get the ball rolling on it, do you have to bolt it down or can it be free standing?

Thanks AM
    Ripped as HELL Contest - http://tinyurl.com/9lg9ofb

Test Log - BioForge / SlintROPIN / XFA - http://tinyurl.com/BFSXFA

Originally Posted by AnimalMind View Post
    In the market myself for a rack and I have a little over 1K to spend on it. The Dark Horse rack looks amazing for the prices and the accessories that you get with it.

I one question to get the ball rolling on it, do you have to bolt it down or can it be free standing?

Thanks AM
    I did bolt mine down but you don't have to. It is very solid unbolted.

AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnimalMind will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks GarageIron!

I live in an apartment for the next 5 months so bolting it down is not a possibility... Just wanted to make sure I could use it without bolting it down in the mean time. Pulling the trigger on this Monday morning.
    Ripped as HELL Contest - http://tinyurl.com/9lg9ofb

Test Log - BioForge / SlintROPIN / XFA - http://tinyurl.com/BFSXFA

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK guys. I sold my rack, and I'm trying to decide on a replacement. I can't make a damn decision. I'm really hoping to limit the total price (rack plus shipping) to under $800. Right now, I have it down to the following racks. You will notice one of them is an open top rack. All of my options are limited by ceiling height. I really need to stay below 82" to have any shot at using the pull up bar. All racks listed are either short enough at stock, or the company is willing to cut the rack to size. All racks fit in my budget via company rep quotes. Initially, I planned on the TSS rack as my first choice, but they told me they are 5-6 weeks behind right now, and they are only 12g steel. Please help me decide, or offer any other better options. Thanks!

York FTS Power Cage
    http://www.yorkbarbell.com/NonCommer...ProductID=1466

Promaxima FW-113 Competition Power rack
    http://www.promaxima.com/default.asp...Angle+Base.htm

Texas Strength Systems Galvanized/Unpainted Power rack
    http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

Titan Power Cage
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92560.html

Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    OK guys. I sold my rack, and I'm trying to decide on a replacement. I can't make a damn decision. I'm really hoping to limit the total price (rack plus shipping) to under $800. Right now, I have it down to the following racks. You will notice one of them is an open top rack. All of my options are limited by ceiling height. I really need to stay below 82" to have any shot at using the pull up bar. All racks listed are either short enough at stock, or the company is willing to cut the rack to size. All racks fit in my budget via company rep quotes. Initially, I planned on the TSS rack as my first choice, but they told me they are 5-6 weeks behind right now, and they are only 12g steel. Please help me decide, or offer any other better options. Thanks!

York FTS Power Cage
    http://www.yorkbarbell.com/NonCommer...ProductID=1466

Promaxima FW-113 Competition Power rack
    http://www.promaxima.com/default.asp...Angle+Base.htm

Texas Strength Systems Galvanized/Unpainted Power rack
    http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

Titan Power Cage
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92560.html
    I'm familiar with the first rack on your list. I installed about 8 of them in home gyms last year and use them in a few fire halls at work. They are Chinese made but quite good in terms of quality. They are solid but I don't like the pop pin hooks and safeties... I haven't seen them fail, in fact they are quite durable. I just don't like the idea of a little pin being the strength of the rack.