Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Here's another low ender that pops up from time to time:

Weider c720 Missnamed an "olympic Smith Rack" whatever that is its a power rack.

http://weiderhomefitness.com/strength_systems/webe3777

For that price there might be better but who knows since I don't think anyone has seen one of these in person. It is pretty much the only thing on that site that might be worth owning.

I am not sure, but I think that is the rack that extremistpullup uses. It may not be the exact model number, but his was the same setup. He removed the pec dec, replaced the pullup bar with a straight one, and it seems to work for him just fine.

As stated numerous times here, full cages are the one thing that Weider/Impex didn't do too bad on.

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    cool, keep em coming

Yeah I love that.. "olympic smith rack"

My biggest beef with the Weider rack is the weight ratings. Isn't it 300lbs or something horrible like that?

LoL at Olympic smith rack.

I'm pretty sure that everything they sell has a 300 lb rating. My guess is that since they market to the masses, slapping a generic 300lbs rating on everything will help them in court and not really matter to the majority of people looking to get something like this.

I've had a number of Impex cages in my garage and they're just 4 steel posts held together. I'm not suggesting somebody go put 2000 lbs on it or anything, but if I was in a different place I wouldn't hesitate to get one if the right deal popped up.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatorman2k6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks to Jimbo's recommendation, this thread, and other reviews I've read, I decided to get the TDS rack. It will be my first power rack, so I'll be sure to give a review if you want it, once I get it built and I start using it. Thanks again for this thread.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Figured I'd show some love to the rack that kept me warm all those cold winter nights...

My Old Rack:

Tuff Stuff PR-26 (MPR-26 maybe)
    2" x 2 “ 11 Gauge Steel
    ~48" Deep x 48" Wide x ~72” Tall(Rough Guess)
    Weight – I moved it assembled by myself multiple times, a pain but manageable
    Cost – No Longer made, probably in the $500-600 range when it was sold, a solid $200-$300 rack if found on CL
    Rating – I called once and think the guy said 700 lbs, maybe more

Lat Option was available at one time
    Solid Rack, Probably could have lasted me forever if needed
    Front and Rear J Hooks.
    Good Hole spacing throughout(I believe it was 2” center to center, which is actually pretty tight spacing)
    Dip Handles (Simply put a pair of Standard dumbbells through the Safety Catch)
    Made in USA

Dislikes:
    Kind of light, would tip or move a little while racking heavy weight on high hooks on the back (Incline, Squat)
    Maybe not best for super heavy lifters, but probably good for 95%

Other Notes:
    This rack served me well, had I not found my new rack, I'd probably still have it. Unfortunately it's no longer made by Tuff Stuff, but several companies past and present have similar models. I also would like to say the old American made Tuff Stuff Equipment I've seen is all top notch (Haven't used the new stuff, but like everything now it seems to be made in China). I've seen a few other items and even bought a 10 year old Tuff Stuff VKR because I knew it would be a solid piece.

Here's a link to an old thread with working pictures of the lat option: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108571611
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

wisdom78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wisdom78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This above is quite good working out machine. Friend of mine have the same

Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I ended up taking the dive and buying the (relatively) cheap rack Jimbo posted/recommended (http://www.amazon.com/TDS-C-92563-W-...1204988&sr=1-1)

It is my first rack so I'm not sure how valued my opinion is, but I'm loving it. I should've bought a rack a VERY long time ago.

I used the rack to do some barbell curls and laughed as I thought of how pissed I would get if someone did it in a gym I was at on leg day =P

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Camaro76350 View Post
    I ended up taking the dive and buying the (relatively) cheap rack Jimbo posted/recommended (http://www.amazon.com/TDS-C-92563-W-...1204988&sr=1-1)

It is my first rack so I'm not sure how valued my opinion is, but I'm loving it. I should've bought a rack a VERY long time ago.

I used the rack to do some barbell curls and laughed as I thought of how pissed I would get if someone did it in a gym I was at on leg day =P
    Congratulations. It's great having the equipment to safely do heavy lifting in the convenience of your home. Get a good routine going, stick with it and you will see some big gains!!

Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You Americans are lucky with your huge range of racks available. Here in the UK there is very little to choose from. This is mainly what's available to us:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...nt/power-racks

I have this:

Last edited by Eddiejt; 09-07-2010 at 05:09 AM.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This thread has been very useful/awesome in general.

Now I ask it's members for assistance!!!!

I wanna purchase a Power Rack/Cage....and my price point is > $600. Granted I'd like to go used, but I figure this might be a smart way to look first. Cause when I'm looking on craigslist or ebay I will used the items you guys suggest as references!

(Reps naturally for help!) Thanks...

Also I would like to get a cage that I won't "outgrow" or feel I need to replace.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    This thread has been very useful/awesome in general.

Now I ask it's members for assistance!!!!

I wanna purchase a Power Rack/Cage....and my price point is > $600. Granted I'd like to go used, but I figure this might be a smart way to look first. Cause when I'm looking on craigslist or ebay I will used the items you guys suggest as references!

(Reps naturally for help!) Thanks...

Also I would like to get a cage that I won't "outgrow" or feel I need to replace.
    To me that depends what your idea of 'outgrow' is. For me I had the powertec rack (around $450ish new) which has served me well for the last 4-5 years. I decided to upgrade to a beefer rack because I felt I outgrew the powertec rack awhile ago. But when I say outgrow I mean more of a convenience thing than I do a safety thing. I wanted something heavier and bigger that just won't budge when re-racking after sets, and in general I wanted some more options like built in band pegs.

For <$600 new I'd suggest powertec, body solid, or the bodycraft racks. I don't have much experience with any others in that price range.

If you look at used then you just need to get lucky a bit, you can find something built very well for under that price point but it may lack some of the options you'd see in some of the custom built (pricey) racks.

Things to look out for in my opinion is the distance between holes and the manufacturer and you could figure out from there if it's a rack that'll fit you or not. Or just post in one of the threads here if you find a used rack that you need advice or opinions on.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    To me that depends what your idea of 'outgrow' is. For me I had the powertec rack (around $450ish new) which has served me well for the last 4-5 years. I decided to upgrade to a beefer rack because I felt I outgrew the powertec rack awhile ago. But when I say outgrow I mean more of a convenience thing than I do a safety thing. I wanted something heavier and bigger that just won't budge when re-racking after sets, and in general I wanted some more options like built in band pegs.

For <$600 new I'd suggest powertec, body solid, or the bodycraft racks. I don't have much experience with any others in that price range.

If you look at used then you just need to get lucky a bit, you can find something built very well for under that price point but it may lack some of the options you'd see in some of the custom built (pricey) racks.

Things to look out for in my opinion is the distance between holes and the manufacturer and you could figure out from there if it's a rack that'll fit you or not. Or just post in one of the threads here if you find a used rack that you need advice or opinions on.
    Of course you're on spread dark :P, but thanks!

Yeah by outgrow I mean I don't wanna start squatting 400+ and worrying if the rack is gonna have issues ya know? Plus I'm a big frame so I need to be able to actually use the pullup bar without worrying about it falling forward on me.

As for "extras" the only things I want from a rack are a good strong frame, pullup bar, lat attachment (or ability to attach one) and the row attachment (or ability to attach one)

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course you're on spread dark :P, but thanks!

Yeah by outgrow I mean I don't wanna start squatting 400+ and worrying if the rack is gonna have issues ya know? Plus I'm a big frame so I need to be able to actually use the pullup bar without worrying about it falling forward on me.

As for "extras" the only things I want from a rack are a good strong frame, pullup bar, lat attachment (or ability to attach one) and the row attachment (or ability to attach one)
    I'm not a fan of cable attachments on racks. I don't think they are a good substitute for commercial cable equipment and feel awkward to me, but there are people around here that really enjoy them. At 6'1" you might have a hard time finding one that will actually get you full ROM in something like a lat pd.

As far as pullup bars go I have heard of people tipping they're racks but the only rack pullup bar I've used extensively was my powertec rack and I never had any issues, I'm not small in size and I could chain up to 2 plates on myself and the rack never budged. Chances are that if you find a rack you like you can find someone around here that has it and see what they think of the pullup bar.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Great deal on the Body Solid

Digging this rack a lot for some reason

http://www.amazon.com/Powertec-WB-PR...ef=pd_sbs_sg_4

Also Animalfan if I lived in Michigan I'd be all over that rack you got unassembled :P
    Last edited by Hishiad; 09-12-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Thoughts on this setup?

Not sure if he still has it, but looks like a very good deal considering he's including bench + 310lbs of weights...not sure the brand on the cage though.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/1911459753.html

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thoughts on this setup?

Not sure if he still has it, but looks like a very good deal considering he's including bench + 310lbs of weights...not sure the brand on the cage though.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/1911459753.html
    For that price and all the gear that's a good deal. Its been posted since 8/21 though, I bet he doesn't have it anymore, doesn't hurt to ask though. The Ptec is very popular here, I don't think you can go wrong with it. Just pull the trigger, man, I can tell you're ready to. You should not be waiting very long on the yellow either, I think they have a bunch of those ready to go, seems like it anyway. FWIW tho, I think I would snag the Body Solid over the Powertec, mainly because of the chin up bar, that's just me though, I really don't like the Powertec bar, but it seems like most people don't mind it.

That's the one hold on the Powertec is that damn chin-up bar lol...

Also what's the opinion on the Valor system?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...eProductSearch

That price is including the lat attachment with a low pull too...so pulldowns and rows!

http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/B...l-p-16332.html

It's only rated for 500lbs. For comparison the Powertec is rated at 1500.

*edit* Powertec lists the rating as 1000lbs, not 1500 (thanks essexlad)
    Last edited by Jimbo.; 09-13-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hishiad.....did you look at that Bodysolid Cage that Jimbo just linked a couple posts ago??

Personally, that's the one I'd get, that is a great price on what I've always thought was a great rack. At $449 shipped its at the price point the powertec can be had here, which has usually been thought of as the best bet for the money.

If Fitnessfactory keeps selling them at that price, I would think they'd unseat Powertec....just mho.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Body-Solid GPR378 Power Rack what's the rating on it?

I couldn't find it on the direct company website...for 450 shipped I don't think I can beat that especially if that sucker is anywhere near the powertec on weight capacity.

easonj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question. I recently picked up a weider pro OLC rack really cheap, and so far it's been great. I found the manual online and it said that the weight rests and safety bars are rated up to 310lbs. Is that a norm for weight rating for rests?

I'm nowhere close to 310lbs on any of my lifts yet as I just started, but the rating seemed a little low to me. I was thinking about eventually upgrading to better quality rests,safety bars, and even jumbo hooks similar to those found at NY Barbells, but can't find much for this rack. It's 2.25"sq tube with 1" holes.

Would I be better off upgrading to a completely different rack in the future rather than trying to upgrade the rests and safety bars? Thanks.

Originally Posted by easonj23 View Post
    Quick question. I recently picked up a weider pro OLC rack really cheap, and so far it's been great. I found the manual online and it said that the weight rests and safety bars are rated up to 310lbs. Is that a norm for weight rating for rests?

I'm nowhere close to 310lbs on any of my lifts yet as I just started, but the rating seemed a little low to me. I was thinking about eventually upgrading to better quality rests,safety bars, and even jumbo hooks similar to those found at NY Barbells, but can't find much for this rack. It's 2.25"sq tube with 1" holes.

Would I be better off upgrading to a completely different rack in the future rather than trying to upgrade the rests and safety bars? Thanks.

Yeah I ran into this, of course I've not actually pulled the trigger yet on a rack, but you will likely need to get a better rack later on.

Anything below 1000 pounds seems to be somewhat of a waste since a lot of quality racks are out there for under 500 that can handle that load. (that's what she said)

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/B...l-p-16332.html

It's only rated for 500lbs. For comparison the Powertec is rated at 1500.
    Typo Jimbo? It's 1000 not 1500 isn't it?

Yeah I ran into this, of course I've not actually pulled the trigger yet on a rack, but you will likely need to get a better rack later on.

Anything below 1000 pounds seems to be somewhat of a waste since a lot of quality racks are out there for under 500 that can handle that load. (that's what she said)
    Don't put too much consideration into weight ratings. For instance the Bodyslid GPR378 and Powertec are both rated to 1000lbs. I guarantee the Bodysolid is the stronger rack though.
    The Bodycraft F430 is 'only' rated at 800lbs, yet it's just as strong (probably stronger actually) than a Powertec.
    There's no uniform rating system, some manufacturers are conservative, some exaggerate.

Example, Guess what the official manufacturers rating of this rack is;

855lbs.

It weights 4 times what a Powertec does, is made of steel twice as thick and twice as large. Yet it's rating is 145lbs lower. Hammer Strength give a 5x safety margin in their ratings, so it'll actually take 4275lbs, they are just very conservative with their ratings.

Of course avoid really low rated stuff, but don't base too much off them on good racks. They are often very rough estimates at best.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Typo Jimbo? It's 1000 not 1500 isn't it?

Don't put too much consideration into weight ratings. For instance the Bodyslid GPR378 and Powertec are both rated to 1000lbs. I guarantee the Bodysolid is the stronger rack though.
    The Bodycraft F430 is 'only' rated at 800lbs, yet it's just as strong (probably stronger actually) than a Powertec.
    There's no uniform rating system, some manufacturers are conservative, some exaggerate.
    lol, yeah according to PTecs website the max weight rating is 1000lbs. Other places have it listed at 1500 lbs though, including this website, which is where I originally got that number.

Great point about weight ratings though, I think the best recommendation is to just stay away from anything rated lower than 800lbs or so.

easonj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    reading through this thread again I noticed the guy in the last video on the third page of this thread in the "Failure with the right equipment = WIN" part is using the same rack I have. Looking through his other videos he's benching 365lbs off of it. Granted it almost falls over backwards when he puts the weight back on the rests, but that makes me feel better that this one will hold up for me until next year when I can afford a really nice one.
    Last edited by easonj23; 09-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.

that TDS rack that was mentioned on page 6 I think.

this one:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html

anyone know the rating on it weight wise or how solid it is?

I mean anything north of 600lbs is money for me...so I couldn't find the answer searching myself on this rack

It's rated for 1000lbs

that TDS rack that was mentioned on page 6 I think.

this one:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html

anyone know the rating on it weight wise or how solid it is?

I mean anything north of 600lbs is money for me...so I couldn't find the answer searching myself on this rack
    Honestly if 600 was my max budget at my current weight and strength I'd probably look more at this:

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

It's been posted in this thread already and has a good reputation, I know at least one or two people have it. I'd probably save some xmas money or something and add the monkey bar and weight storage and you could also call them and see if they can cut you any deals to cheapen the price. It's worth a shot and would probably be a rack that would last you for most your years.

Honestly if 600 was my max budget at my current weight and strength I'd probably look more at this:

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/powerracks.html

It's been posted in this thread already and has a good reputation, I know at least one or two people have it. I'd probably save some xmas money or something and add the monkey bar and weight storage and you could also call them and see if they can cut you any deals to cheapen the price. It's worth a shot and would probably be a rack that would last you for most your years.
    If not for the cost of shipping through them I'd be on board.

I've found an ebay store that has two solid (previously mentioned) racks for under Under $500 for each rack with FREE SHIPPING.

One rack is the powerline I think they have it for 330 or so. The other is a body solid rack and it's 450.

I really dig the TDS rack for some reason...simplicity may be? I don't know...but shipping on that thing is gonna push it over 400...if that's the case I think I'm going to try and nap the ebay body solid for 450.

$449 with shipping...can I really beat that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Body-Solid-GPR37...item483b4aa287

Yeah shipping is a killer, sorry I forgot to add that in the equation. The body solid will be on par with the powertec and both will be pretty good options for buying new and probably the best route for your budget unless you can find a killer rack used (hard to do where I live but others here have scored big).

At your weight I'd shy away from the powerline, I haven't used it but the reports on it being tippy etc would be enough for me to look elsewhere, it's a pretty low level rack but for the price it's to be expected.

Yeah shipping is a killer, sorry I forgot to add that in the equation. The body solid will be on par with the powertec and both will be pretty good options for buying new and probably the best route for your budget unless you can find a killer rack used (hard to do where I live but others here have scored big).

At your weight I'd shy away from the powerline, I haven't used it but the reports on it being tippy etc would be enough for me to look elsewhere, it's a pretty low level rack but for the price it's to be expected.
    That body solid is the buy I'll make...assuming I don't land a sweet deal on the used market before I make the purchase.

I'm HOPING to buy it next weekend (next check) but I'll need to check with the wife and make sure she's okay with that purchase...

*sighs* I may never get it though unless I catch her in a good mood :P