Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What made you want to change your body?

So my husband sat me down today and talked to me about me needing to lose weight. It has not clicked yet how big I have gotten. I am obese. That is so hard to think of and swallow.

I. Am. Obese.

Sad thing is, is that I know exactly what I need to do. I know how to eat right and I know how to work out, I have not always been this way. It's actually finding the motivation to do it.

So, what made you all decide to work out? Was there ever a moment of deciding to change? If so, what?
    All it takes is one sentence from the right person to change your whole outlook on life.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same for me! I was borderline obese for my height when I started. I feel like an entirely different person from when I first started. It is not something that is going to happen overnight, so just enjoy the journey. I didn't even pick up the weights until I was at my goal weight and would have been a lot further along if I would have. These forums are the perfect place to be for motivation, advice, and education. Congrats on your decision to change your life. I hope you aren't just doing it because your boyfriend told you to. I hope you are doing it for yourself. It makes a huge difference. Good luck!

ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACEvans3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IronCitGrl View Post
    Same for me! I was borderline obese for my height when I started. I feel like an entirely different person from when I first started. It is not something that is going to happen overnight, so just enjoy the journey. I didn't even pick up the weights until I was at my goal weight and would have been a lot further along if I would have. These forums are the perfect place to be for motivation, advice, and education. Congrats on your decision to change your life. I hope you aren't just doing it because your boyfriend told you to. I hope you are doing it for yourself. It makes a huge difference. Good luck!
    Congrats on your goals! I know what I need to do to lose the weight. I know it doesn't happen overnight. It's just hard for me to actually get up and do it. Lack of motivation I guess.
    All it takes is one sentence from the right person to change your whole outlook on life.

crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) crouton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of little things. Pain in my knees. Avoiding pictures of myself or with family. Avoiding really going anywhere and just hanging around at the house. Having to go to certain movie theaters because the seats were bigger. Not being able to go to theme parks and ride the roller coasters, again due to the seat size. Being tired a lot. Basically all the fun seemed to go out of my life. So I decided not only was it time for a change in myself but also to really live my life and not say "someday."

And I have to say my mom inspired me a lot. She lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers and started working for them, the first job outside of the home she's had in like 20 years. Then she went after her dream job as a flight attendant and got it! She became a lot more confident and I wanted that for myself. And we look a lot alike and I felt self-conscious near her, like why does this skinny woman have such a fat daughter? So I have to say her weight loss had a lot to do with it too.

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ACEvans3 View Post
    So my husband sat me down today and talked to me about me needing to lose weight. It has not clicked yet how big I have gotten. I am obese. That is so hard to think of and swallow.

I. Am. Obese.

Sad thing is, is that I know exactly what I need to do. I know how to eat right and I know how to work out, I have not always been this way. It's actually finding the motivation to do it.

So, what made you all decide to work out? Was there ever a moment of deciding to change? If so, what?
    Your hubby wouldn't happen to be a member of this board would he? I don't mean to pry but I read something else somewhere and was curious.

I think the specifics of motivation (or lack thereof) is partly due to the knowledge it's a lifestyle change. Lifestyle changes are HARD! We are creatures of habit and unfortunately we fall into the rut of bad habits very easily.

My motivation came from my horse. I love riding and showing. But I can hardly stand to watch videos of myself with all of that fat bouncing around. Plus, it effects my balance and performance. On top of that, I have an issue with hip pain and it got so bad I couldn't ride. The only thing I knew to do was strength training in order to improve those muscles to keep my hip from getting out of whack.

Originally Posted by crouton View Post
    A lot of little things. Pain in my knees. Avoiding pictures of myself or with family. Avoiding really going anywhere and just hanging around at the house. Having to go to certain movie theaters because the seats were bigger. Not being able to go to theme parks and ride the roller coasters, again due to the seat size. Being tired a lot. Basically all the fun seemed to go out of my life. So I decided not only was it time for a change in myself but also to really live my life and not say "someday."

And I have to say my mom inspired me a lot. She lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers and started working for them, the first job outside of the home she's had in like 20 years. Then she went after her dream job as a flight attendant and got it! She became a lot more confident and I wanted that for myself. And we look a lot alike and I felt self-conscious near her, like why does this skinny woman have such a fat daughter? So I have to say her weight loss had a lot to do with it too.
    That's so cool your mom inspired you! I know there are a lot of folks out there with family members, SO's, and especially mothers who don't understand the life style choice and sometimes berate or try to degrade what the person is working toward.

My mom is a gem. She's 70 plus years young, overweight (she looks like a pear), and has trouble from a ruptured disc that did quite a bit of nerve damage years ago - so her mobility suffers. She does all she can to keep active - working in the garden, walking, fixing stuff around the house. But when I started working out, she started asking me questions.

I encouraged her to buy the Eating For Life book. I like the book, but it's not what I need right now because it doesn't list calories. But I think for her, it would be great. I think she'll really like the menus in it. I talked to her the other day and she went out and bought some weights. I have a feeling they are the 2lbs pink Barbie DB's - but at her obesity level and age, I'll take it and I won't complain! lol!

OP - good for you that you are taking your first steps! Again, knowing it's a lifestyle change is what makes it intimidating. You know it's going to be a lot of work and it's not going to come quickly. Hang in there! You can do it one step at a time!
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hit 17 stone for the first time (238lbs) and the self disgust overpowered everything else, something changed inside and I finally did it.....
    "Ain't about how fast I get there.....it's the climb"

Originally Posted by equestrian View Post
    Your hubby wouldn't happen to be a member of this board would he? I don't mean to pry but I read something else somewhere and was curious.
    No? He isn't. Why would you ask?

Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    I hit 17 stone for the first time (238lbs) and the self disgust overpowered everything else, something changed inside and I finally did it.....
    That's how I feel right now too, disgusting. It is definately a motivating feeling.

michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me it was that I was miserable at the weight I was at. I complained about it constantly and then with the help of some supportive people I just finally decided to stop bitching and do something. I also love being strong and in shape, so that was great motivation as well. Ultimately, how I look is secondary to how I feel.
    "success is a journey, not a destination" -most profound fortune cookie ever!

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No? He isn't. Why would you ask?
    I just read another thread where a gentleman asked how he could help his wife with motivation, her stats were pretty close to yours. So I was curious because the principles of both threads were so similar.
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was unhappy with the way I looked. I did not start out over weight, but I was still carrying too much fat and wasnt happy. Was on a program but it just wasnt working for me. Did some research and found a better program that I have seen some great results from. Now i am much happier with how I look and with the fact that I CAN change things (before i had nealy given up and thought that my "genetics" had taken over).

I will turn 30 and be in the best shape of my life!!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I. Am. Obese.

I was at my heaviest just a few months ago at 140, but it was all jiggly fat! I've only lost about 10 pounds so far, but dropped a couple of pant sizes and am feeling so much better and stronger, especially after I started lifting heavier weights. I was motivated to change by a woman I know who lost a lot of weight. I joined a physician's weight loss program for 6 weeks so that I would be accountable until I could get myself on track. I've met dozens of people who have gone to physician's weight loss programs that have had great results. Lots of them incorporate HCG or B12 shots, but the one I was on just focused on diet and exercise. If you do decide to go the MD weight loss route, you might want to check out what your insurance has to offer for that and for gym memberships too. Can I ask--could your husband stand to lose a few pounds too? Is he willing to accompany you if you join a program or join a gym? Sometimes it can be a recipe for success if both are willing to do it together. I know I wasn't going to get anywhere really until my husband stopped bringing all the junk food in the house

Have to say, what keeps me motivated now that I started is the aging process. At 43, I don't want to grow old gracefully to be a skinny, old frail lady or too heavy and with health problems that can be potentially avoided. Really, I'm inspired by most of the people on this forum and also people like Fern Assard (MsFitFern) on Bodyspace---I saw her "before" picture and thought I was looking at my own picture. She's got a list of progress pics and the before and afters are a remarkable difference! Check out some of the women on bodyspace and know that, if they can do it, you can too!

racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by crouton View Post

Wow, that's a great story! And you've completed about 30% of your goal already. Keep up the great work!!

jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine was also somewhat birthday motivated. I looked at myself on my 29th birthday and cried. I wasn't really that bad, but I knew I was perfectly capable of having the body I wanted to have and that I had just not been taking care of myself. I decided I would have it by my 30th birthday.

It was not just that though, I want to live pain free and I was starting to be in pain in the morning waking up or after just doing some light work etc. I don't have any of that any more. But, now the thought of myself as an old woman motivates me because I want that "old" me to still feel as young as possible and be mobile etc.

I think now my motivation is how much better I feel. How seldom I get sick now and how quickly I bounce back from that. My daughters look at me when I am working out at home like I am superwoman even when I am just doing chin ups with a band, lol.
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever" ~Lance Armstrong

"You only get one shot at life, and as time goes by, days go by, and years go by, you do not get them back. Make time to accomplish what you want in life." ~Rachel Cosgrove

Any time you use the word "try", you may as well replace it with, " I am giving myself an out because I am planning to fail." ~R. Cosgrove

plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10) plebayo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I decided I wanted to become a Police Officer. In order to do that you have to pass what is known as the ORPAT. The main goal was to become in shape enough to pass the physical test, the hot body is just an extra bonus. I've been going to the gym every day since April and have lost 35lbs. I still have about 50lbs to drop but it's totally worth it. I feel better about myself and know that I'm healthier.

Also on the health side congestive heart failure runs in my family and my mom takes 17+ medications a day. It's a balancing act between kidney failure and keeping her heart pumping and REALLY don't want to go through that myself.
    I'm a sheepdog.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wanted to impress a man with being in good shape.
    Last edited by juliacheh; 08-08-2010 at 07:57 PM.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wanted to look better than my husband's 22 y/o mistress.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I´ve never actually felt like a "fat" person, though I´ve been up to size 18 3 times it doesen´t actually stay on me after that point. The first and second time I got that big I just stopped eating so much, and excercised a bit, nothing compared to now, didn´t agonize over it just did it. This time around I have done it through healthy eating and loads of weight lifting, running and yoga...and a bit of spinning every now and again. The difference between this and the other 2 times is that now I just want to get built...maybe even ripped someday...the other times I just lost fat. Now I´m far more focused on what my body can do than how it looks. All 3 times I was overweight though I just did it really because I was no longer comfortable in my own skin, I felt like I was wearing a fat suit all the time and could not stand it...
    ...karoline...

Originally Posted by plebayo View Post
    I decided I wanted to become a Police Officer. In order to do that you have to pass what is known as the ORPAT. The main goal was to become in shape enough to pass the physical test, the hot body is just an extra bonus. I've been going to the gym every day since April and have lost 35lbs. I still have about 50lbs to drop but it's totally worth it. I feel better about myself and know that I'm healthier.

Also on the health side congestive heart failure runs in my family and my mom takes 17+ medications a day. It's a balancing act between kidney failure and keeping her heart pumping and REALLY don't want to go through that myself.
    Wow. That's great progress! Sorry about your mom. CHF is a difficult disease to deal with.

Originally Posted by jentanne View Post
    Mine was also somewhat birthday motivated. I looked at myself on my 29th birthday and cried. I wasn't really that bad, but I knew I was perfectly capable of having the body I wanted to have and that I had just not been taking care of myself. I decided I would have it by my 30th birthday.

It was not just that though, I want to live pain free and I was starting to be in pain in the morning waking up or after just doing some light work etc. I don't have any of that any more. But, now the thought of myself as an old woman motivates me because I want that "old" me to still feel as young as possible and be mobile etc.

I think now my motivation is how much better I feel. How seldom I get sick now and how quickly I bounce back from that. My daughters look at me when I am working out at home like I am superwoman even when I am just doing chin ups with a band, lol.
    Working in healthcare, I've seen lots of stuff and I finally realized that I couldn't keep going with the yo-yo thing of being in shape and then out of shape because I'm getting much too old to be playing those games now. LOL. Really, I believe we control our own health to a point with the choices we make in life when it comes to what we eat and exercise or lack thereof. Just wanted to say that I couldn't agree with you more and that it's great that your kids are learning the value of exercise at such a young age.

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Not much to say, just LMAO at this one I bet you showed her

Wow everyone, those were great and inspirational stories. Everyone's progress is going great and those who have completed their goals, I am very proud of you and I can't wait to be in your shoes.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And I bet you do!!!! That's a great motivator.

Most of my motivation came right after my divorce. I will never forget the moment I decided to change. I was waving and my 12-year-old son made fun of the jiggle underneath my arm.

Thank you Noah!!!

In search of abs..... baygirl65's Avatar
    baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baygirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had gained weight(about 30-35 pounds) and brainwashed myself that I actually looked better at the new higher weight.

I was feeling fine about myself until I couldn't get the back of my dress zipped up(i was standing in a wedding). That caused a sense of urgency!!

Then I had my husband take some before pics. I was stunned. I saw what I really looked like. It was so hard to get that weight off that I vowed I would never gain back the weight.

Now I just want to get in the best shape ever and create a leaner more muscled physique

Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It crept on slowly but I was somehow sure it was impossible to get it off. Hannah (above) was one of my huge motivators; if she could lose 100, I could certainly lose "10" (which, so far, is around 25 pounds, and I'll do another round soon). Things others have mentioned: hiding out so no pix, not even socializing, being depressed, extraordinary knee pain, zero energy, concern for my health. Also looking totally pregnant and looking much older all of the sudden. I wasn't living anymore, just hoping. And until I figured out what I needed to do, it was slow but once I got it right, it only took 3 months to really make some awesome progress. I'll do another 3 months soon. And so on with breaks until it's done. Ha. It'll never be done. This is for life; I always need a new goal to keep going.

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me, part of it was my sister's illness. She was only 10 when she did 6 weeks inpatient ED treatment for anorexia. I had been away at college for a couple years at that point, so I didn't necessarily feel like my own battle with weight had "influenced" her, but I wanted to be a role model for taking care of your body and having a positive relationship with food. She's 14 now and doing much better, but I still have to put my cut diet on hold when I visit home, pretend I'm doing something else when I go to the gym when I'm home, etc.
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."

borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) borcherding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me, I felt like I had hit 'rock bottom' and just couldn't take the way I felt about myself, how I looked in the mirror, my bad health and all those feelings of literally feeling like ****. For years, I knew what to do...told myself I'd make changes and never did. Then, I finally just had enough and pretty much joined the gym and said JUST DO IT! I read tons of books (still do) to educate myself, got my ass moving, made good food choices and a year and a half later I am still doing it. :-) Personally, I feel like it's something YOU must want to do..much like an alcoholic, before REAL and SERIOUS change can happen. Take a hard look at yourself and make the decisions. Remember, it's a journey and not all changes will happen overnight!! For me, keeping a food and workout journal is ESSENTIAL!! I am sure most of the ladies would agree on that. This board is a HUGE HUGE place for inspiration and help so don't be afraid to ask questions. I love it here!! Best of luck on your journey!!

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was never overweight and have always been athletic, but I was just working out aimlessly and so not only was I not getting much result, but my weight was steadily creeping up. So I decided I was going to "reset the clock" so to speak. Also I decided the widespread idea that when you get older you should expect to gain weight and look bad was bogus. I took it as a challenge to look better now than in my 20s.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow. I just want to say I am overwhelmed at the responses, pms, and reps I got for that post. Thanks guys.

That happend in 2005. I am doing fine, husband is on his way to being an ex, and 22 y/o actually is now divorcing the man she left my husband for---his best freind, no less.

All's well that ends well.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am doing fine, husband is on his way to being an ex, and 22 y/o actually is now divorcing the man she left my husband for---his best freind, no less.

All's well that ends well.
    Yeah, what goes around, comes around....in SPADES lol. Just read this, how totally crappy. But how wonderful that you got rid of such a d*ck
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    Wow! From your avi, I'd never guess you were every overweight. Congratulations!

I was overweight in high school and yo-yo'd through my 20s. I've made every mistake out there.

I relate to the people who talk about feeling ashamed and embarrassed. I have an outgoing personality when I am fit, but when I am heavier, I am quiet.

About 2 years ago, I started lifting with a bodybuilder. Since then, I have read everything I could get my hands on (even text books - LOL, what a dork!). Now, I love the process. The body changes are just a perk