Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'2", 140 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10728
    Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyr616 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tyr616's BodySpace

Detecting Narcissists: How to Avoid them

Ok i wanted to make this post because i was raging and beating myself up about this girl i was dating. I was blinded by her "attractiveness" that i didn't realize who she was a person. I just wanted to post some tips to help others realize if they are chasing after or dating a narcissist. Narcissists are really good at turning you into feelings of "oneitis" for them as well.

No Empathy - If the guy/girl you are dating or pursuing has no emotional empathy that's a big warning sign. No emotional empathy means the inability to step into another persons shoes and lacking intuition. Some signs of no empathy include doing things such as blowing you off and not giving you an apology or reason, taking no interest in your feelings, doesn't ask you questions about your day/self. Sometimes narcissist will make plans with you just to blow you off later intentionally.

Cold shoulder - Narcissists will also ditch you or leave you behind in a heartbeat if you don't do what they want to do. They won't compromise with you on anything, and it's what they want regardless of your desires. If they get the chance to ditch you for "better" plans they will do it and not feel the least bit of remorse.

Treats others badly - Talks about friends in a negative light, gossips frequently. Tries to downplay others achievements including your own. Takes no interest in your achievements unless they involve themselves. Only thinks about what they can get from you instead of what they can provide in a equal relationship. Aka, i'll hang out with this guy only because he will buy me drinks. I will only hang out with this guy because he gives me attention, and so on.

So to sum it up, if you notice these traits id say run the other way fast as possible.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    HappeningMole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit HappeningMole's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Tyr616 View Post
    Ok i wanted to make this post because i was raging and beating myself up about this girl i was dating. I was blinded by her "attractiveness" that i didn't realize who she was a person. I just wanted to post some tips to help others realize if they are chasing after or dating a narcissist. Narcissists are really good at turning you into feelings of "oneitis" for them as well.

No Empathy - If the guy/girl you are dating or pursuing has no emotional empathy that's a big warning sign. No emotional empathy means the inability to step into another persons shoes and lacking intuition. Some signs of no empathy include doing things such as blowing you off and not giving you an apology or reason, taking no interest in your feelings, doesn't ask you questions about your day/self. Sometimes narcissist will make plans with you just to blow you off later intentionally.

Cold shoulder - Narcissists will also ditch you or leave you behind in a heartbeat if you don't do what they want to do. They won't compromise with you on anything, and it's what they want regardless of your desires. If they get the chance to ditch you for "better" plans they will do it and not feel the least bit of remorse.

Treats others badly - Talks about friends in a negative light, gossips frequently. Tries to downplay others achievements including your own. Takes no interest in your achievements unless they involve themselves. Only thinks about what they can get from you instead of what they can provide in a equal relationship. Aka, i'll hang out with this guy only because he will buy me drinks. I will only hang out with this guy because he gives me attention, and so on.

So to sum it up, if you notice these traits id say run the other way fast as possible.
    Cool story bro!!!!

Stats: 6'1", 180 lbs
    Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Patchwork's BodySpace
    Wow, just made this same realization myself about someone. Whole long story about that one. She's still asking for me to do stuff for her while continuing to blow me off. I wonder if we should pity these people. They might not even be aware of how self-centered they really are. And yes, she's really hot.

Stats: 6'2", 196 lbs
    Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Always.Rising has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Always.Rising's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Tyr616 View Post

You do realize those are clearly negative interpretations of an individual. (@ the bold).

This should be common sense.

But, I think what the OP was getting at is....

"Why would you want to justify someone whos actions reflect the bold?

No attractiveness should ever allow you to justify such individual characteristics.

*EDIT

Good job anyway though OP.

Stats: 5'8", 145 lbs
    sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sfvalley has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit sfvalley's BodySpace
    Reps. I just realized a new "friend" Ive been hanging out with is a complete narcissist.

Edit: I only put up with it because im trying to widen my social circle (hot chicks tend to have hot friends).
    Gym.Tan.Laundry

I green back 200+

Stats: 6'5", 250 lbs
    SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SteelCrayon's BodySpace
    I use to be how op describes... Feels bad.

Stats: 6'1", 180 lbs
    Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Patchwork has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Patchwork's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by SteelCrayon View Post
    I use to be how op describes... Feels bad.
    Interesting, so what changed it for you?

Stats: 3'8", 190 lbs
    Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Goby has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Goby's BodySpace
    The good narcissists hide that ****! Or is that sociopaths?

BodyPoints: 31649
    Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Guardian's BodySpace
    Every human is a Narcissist deep down.

There could be a large number of reasons a person acts as the op describes but simply saying its because they are a narcissist is not one of them.

Someone could be the most caring dependable person in the world and never break plans and always ask about your day and feelings yet be more of a narcissist then the person the op describes.

Sometimes the nicest people are the most narcissist, they use being nice to win and accumulate alot of friends.
    Check out my path to enlightenment series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CnkvWehu-w

Once the stillness comes into your life, then the mind also becomes absolutely still. When your mind becomes still, your intelligence explodes.

When your happiness is dependent upon what is happening outside of you, constantly you live as a slave to the external situation.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SteelCrayon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
    Interesting, so what changed it for you?

My ex leaving me for an ugly guy that worshipped her. "you just care about yourself and your looks, he calls me beautiful and treats me right"

BodyPoints: 31649
    Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guardian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Guardian's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by SteelCrayon View Post
    My ex leaving me for an ugly guy that worshipped her. "you just care about yourself and your looks, he calls me beautiful and treats me right"
    Lost to white knight?
    Check out my path to enlightenment series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CnkvWehu-w

Once the stillness comes into your life, then the mind also becomes absolutely still. When your mind becomes still, your intelligence explodes.

When your happiness is dependent upon what is happening outside of you, constantly you live as a slave to the external situation.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Stats: 5'11", 228 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1182
    janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit janky's BodySpace
    why you hatin bitch?

oh wait this has nothing to do w me so I dont care

Common Sense Crew
    Living Happily is Easy Crew
    Do Something That Matters Crew
    There Are More Important Things in Life Than Women Crew

"Asking for mod reps is like opening the door for a sloot. You still ain't gettin none." - MysteriousNomad

zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zenzone has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit zenzone's BodySpace
    I have known a few narcissist people over the years. None of them fit that description word for word, all have varying degrees of it. I think one can outgrow it through life experiences. One classmate I went to school with was fairly close to OP's description and he never changed UNTIL he had two kids. Nothing will change the focus on the self to others quicker than having 2 screaming kids with dirty diapers saying 'feed me'.

Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Lost to white knight?

Yes sir but I can't blame her cuz I ignored her alot

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bodybuilder89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit bodybuilder89's BodySpace
    ***former 1k+ reps crew***
    ***negged three times by Team Punishment crew***
    ***only been mod negged by Team Punishment crew***