therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealness3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is Cardio/HIIT Bad For Cutting/Losing Fat?

Hi, I have a question about losing fat while maintaining muscle.

I have been hearing very conflicting opinions on cardio while cutting; and it seems that the general opinion is that low-medium intensity cardio may be bad as it prevents muscle growth.

Is weight training 3 times a week in a calorie deficit at moderately low carbs the best option for losing fat while maintaining muscle?

Or would it be better to add cardio/hiit. And if so would you need carbs such as oats before and after cutting? Thanks.

subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO HIIT is the way to go...From what I have read its really hard to build mass muscle and lose fat at the same time. Most people when cutting aren't eating enough to really build a lot of muscle. In my case I feel that I'm more maintaining the muscle that I have while cutting and losing fat, but someone will probably have a better answer for you...GL though

FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Is Cardio/HIIT Bad For Cutting/Losing Fat?"

Yes cardio/HIIT is BAD for cutting/losing fat.

you better off sit on the couch and channel-surf.
    --------------------------
    Current Notable Stats: (July 2010)
    275 LBS Flat Bench (6 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Incline (6 repz, 5 setz)
    185 LBS Standing Shoulder Press (6 repz, 5 setz)
    540 LBS Machine Leg Press (8 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Standing Barbell Squat (8 repz, 5 setz)
    135 LBS Calves Raise (8 repz, 5 setz)
    45 LBS Dumbells Lunges (8 repz, 5 setz)
    170 LBS Weighted Abs Crunch (15 repz, 10 setz)
    20 LBS Weighted Captain Chair Leg Raise (15 repz, 10 setz)

Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtremeone419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FrosteaTT View Post

THIS...... ^^^^^^^ lmao!!!
    I do not understand why all these people stress so heavily on what "type" of cardio to do....
    There is no golden rule that works for everyone.... Do the form of cardio that best fits you.
    I personally like HIIT, but i also do steady state cardio on the treadmill, eliptical, and bike.
    The point is any cardio is better than none at all, The reason i like HIIT is that it fits into my schedule better.... A fusion of both is the best plan IMO..... each form has its place, benefits, and downfalls... So stop stressing and just do the work...
    thanx,
    mike...
    Salvation lies within, Strength of mind comes first....the body will follow.

Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any is better than none but HIIT is a more effective and less time consuming approach.

tavy87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "it seems that the general opinion is that low-medium intensity cardio may be bad as it prevents muscle growth"

lol? its not the cardio that prevents muscle growth.. its the deficit of calories caused by cardio and lack of proper diet... you can do as much cardio as you want as long as u get your macros and can still lift heavy

and honestly, cardio is GOOD for you. who cares how ripped you look if you have a heart attack by 40? lift heavy, do some cardio that you enjoy, eat well, stop sweating the little stuff.

Rahul10019 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FrosteaTT View Post

and enjoy Butter Popcorn !

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HIIT and some buttermilk biscuits ftw!
    no sig