TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50)

ATG Squats. Knees start to 'cave in?

I started SS this summer and have made some progress. However as I up the weight on the squat my form somewhat goes. My knees start to 'cave' inwards on the latter half of the ROM.

Is there anyway to correct this? Is my stance to wide? Maybe a flexibility issue (I have tight hamstrings)? Or is it simply because I'm lifting 'too heavy'?

I appreciate it's hard to tell without videos, but I'm sure this might be a fairly common problem.

All help is appreciated.

Tom

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TB_x View Post
    I started SS this summer and have made some progress. However as I up the weight on the squat my form somewhat goes. My knees start to 'cave' inwards on the latter half of the ROM.

Is there anyway to correct this? Is my stance to wide? Maybe a flexibility issue (I have tight hamstrings)? Or is it simply because I'm lifting 'too heavy'?

I appreciate it's hard to tell without videos, but I'm sure this might be a fairly common problem.

All help is appreciated.

Tom

1. Strengthen your posterior chain through good mornings, GHR's, SLDL's, etc.

2. Focus on "Knees Out!" when you are coming out of the hole.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) PSUinDC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Assuming that everything else is good with your squat (big assumption if you just started squatting this summer)... then the "knees out" cue will help you out. It's basically a flexibility issue that will fix itself over time.

TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50) TB_x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lencho View Post

1. How would I incorporate this into SS?

2. Thanks, I'll definitely try this.

Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

All help is appreciated.

Tom
    Originally Posted by Lencho View Post

#1, and #2.

I got most of my improvement from #2, it was all mental with me.
    Fierce Five log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172189533&p=1457532133

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)

All help is appreciated.

Tom
    Try working in unilateral movements with bodyweight, it helps to balance out either side of the thigh. I'd progress from split squats-->lunges-->split squats with your back foot elevated. When ur doing them keep the active leg focused on "knee out"

Also, stretch your groin, IT band and do toe touches w various foot width

Last thing that might help is a little wider footing and toes pointed a lil further out.
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey guys what if we want our knees to cave in on purpose so we can learn to sit like this?

Like I wonder, we say the knees bow in because the muscles that externally rotate the femur in the hip joint are weak and loose...

At the same time, we also do things like stretch muscles and build strength in stretched positions.

I wonder if there is any way to do that without horribly messing up the knee joint as knees-buckling-in squats are prone to.

Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coach1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by InclineDBPresss View Post
    Last thing that might help is a little wider footing and toes pointed a lil further out.
    This right here, it will allow your hips to open up and for your but to drop, rather than bending forward at the knees.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have had this problem as I have flat feet. I concentrate on keeping the outer part of my foot planted and my knees in line.

Try all of the mentioned ideas until you correct this. If you don't, you are in for a world of knee hurt.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    I concentrate on keeping the outer part of my foot planted and my knees in line.
    Ya definitely this. I had the same problem and started doing front squats to help get comfortable with going deeper, improving flexibility, and this variation also makes it easier to keep your weight on your heels. All assuming your form is good that is.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. How would I incorporate this into SS?

Since you're doing SS, I'd say limit the hamstring accessories to Friday (or whatever day your 3rd WO of the week happens to fall on). If you can do GHR's, do them. If not, I'd do some moderate weight GM's, squat stance with a slight knee bend.

Does that make sense?

What are you squatting for 5 reps right now?
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco