ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckjdinnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ankle sprain 4 weeks in. still Pain. Help!!

i sprained my ankle 4 weeks ago and it was kind of bad. after about 2 weeks i could walk on it fine. It still hurt a little though. Now after 2 more weeks it still hurts. it's like theres been no progress for 2 weeks. Whats going on here. Should i try more rehab exercises? or is this normal.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ckjdinnj View Post
    i sprained my ankle 4 weeks ago and it was kind of bad. after about 2 weeks i could walk on it fine. It still hurt a little though. Now after 2 more weeks it still hurts. it's like theres been no progress for 2 weeks. Whats going on here. Should i try more rehab exercises? or is this normal.
    ankles - depending on the type of tissue damage - can take months to heal properly.

don't move into pain
    be patient
    and learn some ankle mobility drills and do these in whatever ROM you can WITHOUT PAIN.

see your doc as well to check on it.

mc

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Biggest mistake I made with my ankle was thinking it would heal by itself. 3 years later and my ankle feels stiff as hell aond possibly on the verge of snapping any second.
    Toronto is Bake crew
    Raptors-Jays-Leafs-Bills. Best 2/10 sport teams crew.
    Herniated Dick crew
    Mike Tyson admirer crew
    Homeboy Leroy crew

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    Biggest mistake I made with my ankle was thinking it would heal by itself. 3 years later and my ankle feels stiff as hell aond possibly on the verge of snapping any second.
    you know what, even so, i bet we could help mobilize that again:
    we're plastic and we are constantly having tissue from bone to muscle being removed and rebuilt.

a precious ankle may also be costing your gait and your strength performance.

if you want to look into getting that function back, shoot me a pm with where you are, and i'd be happy to recommend a coach who can give you some movement work to do to get that back in a happy place.

mc

jasonb135 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonb135 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude it took almost a year for my ankle to completely heal(no pain)and then I sprained it again about a year and a half from the initial sprain. Seems that its more susceptible to giving out since then. I have used resistance band exercises the second time, the healing process was faster, just google it. Now I have a pop every time I step with that foot. It gets a little sore and swollen every now and then. Good luck with your recovery. Also stay off of it as much as possible!