kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Achillies Injury

I am trying to loose weight for the army and I have been doing some type of cardio every day. I been noticing that both my calfs have been tightening up and causing me to stop running and stretch.

Well... I hurt my Achilles a couple weeks ago. I stretched for 5 mins and then walked 1/4 a lap. I was running and on the last turn of my last lap of a mile my Achilles popped really loud. I had to stop after 1/2 mile to stretch both calfs because they feel like they are going to explode.

How can I stretch my calfs/achillies more and also is there any lifts I can do to make them not so tight when I run.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

I Rep Back So Put Rep Back In Your Rep So I can Rep You Back.

sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgvxdave will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kmaldona View Post
    I am trying to loose weight for the army and I have been doing some type of cardio every day. I been noticing that both my calfs have been tightening up and causing me to stop running and stretch.

Well... I hurt my Achilles a couple weeks ago. I stretched for 5 mins and then walked 1/4 a lap. I was running and on the last turn of my last lap of a mile my Achilles popped really loud. I had to stop after 1/2 mile to stretch both calfs because they feel like they are going to explode.

How can I stretch my calfs/achillies more and also is there any lifts I can do to make them not so tight when I run.
    im not an expert, and this is my first post, but im 5'6 @155lbs, @212lb id say stop running and ride a bike or swim more. when you get closer to the 180 range then start running. Trying to run miles and miles on a 5'6 frame @ 212... thats alot of stress on the body
    Last edited by sgvxdave; 08-10-2010 at 04:47 PM.

kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sgvxdave View Post
    im not an expert, and this is my first post, but im 5'6 @155lbs, @212lb id say stop running and ride a bike or swim more. when you get closer to the 180 range then start running. Trying to run miles and miles on a 5'6 frame @ 212... thats alot of stress on the body
    I have a solid weight lifters build. I am 24-25% bf. I think running is ok for me.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

I Rep Back So Put Rep Back In Your Rep So I can Rep You Back.

jasonb135 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonb135 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may need to change the type of running shoes you are using. When I started jogging/running I was at 220lbs at 5'8". I was using a worn out pair of New Balances, I was getting the killer pain in my calfs and achillies tendons. Went out and bought some Sacony's Grid Propel and it was like running on air, it was a night and day change. Definitely take into consideration the type of shoe being used.
    Last edited by jasonb135; 08-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.