peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Question

First time poster, long time reader.

Got a simple question with a complicated answer: What is the difference between the types of protein?

I've been using an iso-whey, taking it right after finishing a workout. But whats up with the other stuff, like pre workout protein and the casein and how can I optimize my protein intake by using a particular protein type/brand.

Thanks, if you can help or caring.

Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since you tend not to eat for a while at night, and casein is slow digesting, that ends up being a good choice.

Pre/Intra products tend to have whey peptides that are fast diegesting, so they can be of some use very quickly.

BrandonH20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about any protein specifically intended for pre-workout. You can use Whey protein pre/post workout, and should for optimum gains. Take whey about 45 min. prior to working out, and then take it again right after you work out. You want to take it within 25 min after working out. I usually take half a serving before working out and half after.

Casein protein is a slow absorbing protein. You can use it in the morning if you're not going to be able to eat often throughout the day, but by no means does it make up for missing small meals completely. You can also take it at night before you go to sleep, so your body will have constant protein intake throughout the night. Casein pretty much helps prevent muscles from not having something to feed on. It's not good for pre or post workout protein though, because it simply does not absorb fast enough for what you need at those times. It's a good addition for anyone IMO.