BenHarvey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Replacement for eggs

Hi, firstly, this is my first post here so I'd just like to say hello to everyone.

Secondly, and the reason which I made this thread was to see if anyone had any good replacements for eggs (I'll generally be having it for breakfast) because I can't stand the taste of egg white. I can handle scramble egg if there's not much and it has something masking the taste, like baked beans. For the moment I'm just having some porridge(which I'm sure is oatmeal to Americans, correct me if I'm wrong) which gives me some carbs before my workout and also having a protein shake, but naturally I'm getting sick of the same meal every morning.

I'm not a good cook so anything that is really easy to make (microwave etc) would be perfect, and I don't have the money to eat steak for breakfast, I wish I did though!

Lastly, I hope I've obeyed the rules of the forum and this post isn't in the wrong place and I appreciate any feedback in advance.

Thanks,
    Ben.

JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Egg whites are good for the pure protein value.

You can replace with any protein source, tuna would be my first choice but I'd definitley rather have eggs than tuna.

A lean meat like chicken breast or turkey could substitute but then you are looking at more calories and fat but who cares, it's breakfast. Just adjust what you eat for the rest of the day.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't have to eat eggs if you don't like'em. In fact your oatmeal and protein is theoretically a better meal than eggs pre-work-out (high carbs and high protein with low fat VS high fat, no carbs, and moderate protein of eggs)

If you're looking for something similar to eggs how about chicken thigh? Or fatty fish like Salmon or something cheaper. In other words anything with fat, protein, and no carbs will do.

frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you can handle scrambled eggs why not do:
    1 Whole Egg
    1/2 Cup egg whites
    Few veggies (onion, spinach, peppers, mushrooms etc..)

using a non stick pan, put the veggies in first for about 3-4 minutes with s+p then put the egg + egg whites (whisked together in a bowl) scramble them together (once you master this, then you can start attempting omelette's)

If you want to learn how to make scrambled eggs properly just check it out on youtube.. cooking is very easy, and if you plan to continue with healthy food for the rest of your life it is absolutely essential.

Good luck
    Originally Posted by BenHarvey View Post
    Hi, firstly, this is my first post here so I'd just like to say hello to everyone.

Secondly, and the reason which I made this thread was to see if anyone had any good replacements for eggs (I'll generally be having it for breakfast) because I can't stand the taste of egg white. I can handle scramble egg if there's not much and it has something masking the taste, like baked beans. For the moment I'm just having some porridge(which I'm sure is oatmeal to Americans, correct me if I'm wrong) which gives me some carbs before my workout and also having a protein shake, but naturally I'm getting sick of the same meal every morning.

I'm not a good cook so anything that is really easy to make (microwave etc) would be perfect, and I don't have the money to eat steak for breakfast, I wish I did though!

Lastly, I hope I've obeyed the rules of the forum and this post isn't in the wrong place and I appreciate any feedback in advance.

Thanks,
    Ben.
    Cutting
    --------
    SEPT'04 PEAKED:312LBS
    FEB'05 LOW: 218
    RESTART MARCH 5 09: 297 LBS

nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000) nathan183 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BenHarvey View Post

Thanks,
    Ben.

You're not eating JUST the whites, are you? Because of course that will taste terrible. If you're eating the whole egg and still don't like it, then just find another protein source. Any meat will do, or something like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, low fat cheese, etc.