grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Daaaaayyyuuuuum (Wholly Oats)

Ok, first of all, I am one of those people who believe that nutrition trumps all. So the first thing I did after I received my Wholly Oats bar was flip it over to see the profile. I am very critical about what goes into my body.

Skeptical Hippo was skeptical.

But the nutritional profile looked great. The 42 grams of carbs (all but 8 of which are complex) were a pleasant change from plain oatmeal. Fortunately, the Wholly Oats bar has Whole grain rolled oats, so I am not missing ANYTHING nutrition wise. In fact, the 21 grams of protein are an excellent addition to the oats.
    The taste was so good that I actually read the nutritional profile a few times to make sure that I wasnt missing some secret delicious-making ingredient.

Here are my steps for my regular breakfast
    1. wake up
    2. Go to kitchen
    3. get bowl
    4. measures and pour oats
    5. pour milk
    6. put in microwave
    7. wait
    8. get dogs out of kitchen
    9. get spoon
    10. remove bowl
    11. eat oats

Here are my steps to a wholy oats breakfast
    1. Wake up
    2. open wrapper
    3. Om nom nom

feels good man

Tomorrow I will post my experience with the Chocolate Peanut Butter bar.

Taste: 9.9 / 10
    nutrition 8.8/10
    texture 9/10

Overall 9.8/10

Alright.
    Just finished the pB and choco.
    It was pretty good. Nice and chocolaty tasting. And I am an absolute chocoholic. I wouldnt have minded a slightly stronger pb flavor...something similiar to resees pb cups. Any how it was still pretty good taste wise. In camparison with the strawberry, it is slightly less appealing to me. I liked the texture of the strawberry and cream better. The pb and choco was a little bit too chewy..but considering that it is made from oats, I think that is to be expeceted.

Taste: 8.0 / 10
    nutrition 8.0/10
    texture 7.8/10

Overall 8.3/10

Not a bad choice, perhaps I just got spoiled with the strawberry option. I would sugget that people try both since, everyone likes different stuff. For me, the strawberry and cream just hit the spot. I would definetly continue using this product, especially for my morning meal. I am a teacher, so time is often not on my side. This is an excellent all in one option. Protein and carbs in a portable, non messy option. I do not have to worry about staining my tie with this stuff.
    Last edited by grunts_n_th_gym; 08-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are very critical about what goes into your body but the hydrogenated oils dont bother you?

that stands out to me at least imo.

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Yates Row T View Post
    you are very critical about what goes into your body but the hydrogenated oils dont bother you?

Yeah a couple things stood out to me as well.

grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nope. It fit my early AM nutritional needs just fine. In fact, I think I prefer this over my oats. I will say that the strawberries and cream look more nutritionall to me than the peanut butter chocolate bar. The strawberries and cream one has PKO and Sunflower Oil, while the pb choco has hydro rapeseed. But I still think it is an acceptable deviation from plain oats.
    Last edited by grunts_n_th_gym; 08-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.

ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Yates Row T,
    Not being sarcastic here or at all trying to be a jerk in any way - but legitimately wondering if you are equally concerned about the miniscule amount of hydrogenated oils inside the peanut butter in this bar as you are about the formaldahyde and other VOCs that are offgassing into your skin and lungs from the mattress you are sleeping on and the carpet under your feet, the xenoestrogens soaking into your body from the clean clothes you are put on when you wake up and the detergent you wash them in, the chlorine permeating your skin and lungs during your morning shower (you absorb more chlorine during a 10 minute shower than you do drinking 2 liters of chlorinated tap water), and the toxic chemicals inhaled from casual exposure to your car's exhaust fumes (this is just a sampling of an average individuals exposure before lunch)?
    Jay
    "I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people who are convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another."

I don't do samples.
    That would be consumer@optimumnutrition.com

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ON1 View Post
    Yates Row T,
    Not being sarcastic here or at all trying to be a jerk in any way - but legitimately wondering if you are equally concerned about the miniscule amount of hydrogenated oils inside the peanut butter in this bar as you are about the formaldahyde and other VOCs that are offgassing into your skin and lungs from the mattress you are sleeping on and the carpet under your feet, the xenoestrogens soaking into your body from the clean clothes you are put on when you wake up and the detergent you wash them in, the chlorine permeating your skin and lungs during your morning shower (you absorb more chlorine during a 10 minute shower than you do drinking 2 liters of chlorinated tap water), and the toxic chemicals inhaled from casual exposure to your car's exhaust fumes (this is just a sampling of an average individuals exposure before lunch)?
    Jay
    oh ****
    seated rows before hoes

Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by on1 View Post
    yates row t,
    not being sarcastic here or at all trying to be a jerk in any way - but legitimately wondering if you are equally concerned about the miniscule amount of hydrogenated oils inside the peanut butter in this bar as you are about the formaldahyde and other vocs that are offgassing into your skin and lungs from the mattress you are sleeping on and the carpet under your feet, the xenoestrogens soaking into your body from the clean clothes you are put on when you wake up and the detergent you wash them in, the chlorine permeating your skin and lungs during your morning shower (you absorb more chlorine during a 10 minute shower than you do drinking 2 liters of chlorinated tap water), and the toxic chemicals inhaled from casual exposure to your car's exhaust fumes (this is just a sampling of an average individuals exposure before lunch)?
    Jay
    wammy!

ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yCat View Post
    oh ****
    yCat,
    Seriousely not looking to start anything - I absolutely respect the opinions and positions of everyone here on the board. At the same time I'm very interested in what makes people tick - what motivates them - why do people prioritize some things and not others? Bodybuilders are very unique creatures and even though I've been around this game a long time the more I understand what makes people tick the better I become at what I do - and hopefully that influences - at least to some degree - the products our company puts out for all of you.
    Hope that convoluted logic makes some sort of sense.
    Jay
    "I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people who are convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another."

I don't do samples.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ON1 View Post
    Yates Row T,
    Jay
    apples to oranges.

This is something he is ingesting consciously.
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    apples to oranges.

Illadelphia,
    Not at all. All those things (and a whole lot more) are "ingested" as well - just thru different means - and all are choices.
    My question still stands...
    If an individual is concerned with very small amounts of ingredients in their foods and or supplements, why are they not equally concerned with other area that can be esily modified. In this case a traditional mattress can be exhanged for a "green" mattress, Carpet can be discarded in place of hardwoods. Clothing can be organic cottons. Detergent can be replaced with soap, etc...
    So while I understand and welcome constructive criticism I'm still trying to understand motives and consistency from people in general and why thers is concern over some areas and not others.
    Jay

I don't do samples.

Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yates Row T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    apples to oranges.

this. missed it yesterday. if i can avoid it, why not. do you eat natty or regular PB. Why not avoid hydrogenated oils if possible?

maybe your doing your job and taking it as a bash to your product, which its not. just dont understand the reasoning behind why it would be in a supplement.

and again no bash, it was brought up due to the fact the OP said he is very picky with what he ingests.

Talking

this. missed it yesterday. if i can avoid it, why not. do you eat natty or regular PB. Why not avoid hydrogenated oils if possible?

maybe your doing your job and taking it as a bash to your product, which its not. just dont understand the reasoning behind why it would be in a supplement.

and again no bash, it was brought up due to the fact the OP said he is very picky with what he ingests.
    NO. I am CRITICAL about what I eat. If you are going to argue with me about MY statements about MYSELF, at least get the wording right. I am concerned that my macronutrients and my goals are compatable.

As I said before, the nutritional profile of the bar looks good to me. Do I get my panties in a twist about 2 grams of fat? Nope. I need a certain amount of fat in my diet. Do I appreciate the thought that went into creating one of the best breakfast bars I have seen? Yup. My concern personally, is with getting an adequete amount of complex carbs along with a decent amount of protein when I wake up in the morning. This bar provides it with a damn good taste.

Also , you weigh 10 lbs less than me at 6'0 while I am 5'7. I win. (dont be hatin :P )
    Last edited by grunts_n_th_gym; 08-04-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Hey if thats what you consider a good nutritional profile by all means keep eating them. How much complex carbs do you think your getting?

Either way dead issue. enjoy your bars no harm meant to ON just not a fan of this particular product though i will say almost every bar imo is worthless unless traveling etc its not just this one.

Nice try at personal insults LOL i just cut from 210 if that makes you feel any better.