Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rhodiola is not an herb to megadose

Originally Posted by neuron View Post
    I've megadosed Rhodiola and never got much out of it.

On the other hand, 1 gram of l-theanine feels a lot like a low dosed z-drug.
    Rhodiola has years of research, so it's easy to know what it does and does not do. For one thing, it does EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of its intended effect when it is megadosed. The highest clinical trials were at just about 700 mg a day, and oddly higher amounts actually made a person sleepy instead of giving them energy, etc. In short, keep it in the 300-650 mg a day of a GOOD Rhodiola (none of that cheapie stuff as someone above mentioned).

Also in megadosing . . . R. rosea will start to act like an anti-coagulant. Definitely not something to megadose if you take medications. In its regular dosage, it is an herb that is as harmless as anything you can find. So, why pump up the dosage!!

Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fredrickson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    They work differently in my opinion in regards to anxiety/stress.

Theanine has an immediate effect on the first dose, however I have noticed you can build a quick tolerance if you used on a consistent basis. 100-300mg in one sitting

Rhodiola on the other hand takes several days to get better effects from it and usually it's a 4-6 weeks on, 4 weeks off. 300mg with standarized for rosavins 3% and the additional rhodiola powder as well.
    That whole "cycling" thing with Rhodiola is bull. I've taken it daily now for a long, long time and I would never want to be without it. I'm at my peak performance all the time now, and I don't have a four week slide every other month just so that I can notice the buildup again when I take it. Why go up and down? There is no evidence -- none, zippo -- that shows Rhodiola needs a cycling period.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fredrickson View Post
    Rhodiola has years of research, so it's easy to know what it does and does not do. For one thing, it does EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of its intended effect when it is megadosed. The highest clinical trials were at just about 700 mg a day, and oddly higher amounts actually made a person sleepy instead of giving them energy, etc. In short, keep it in the 300-650 mg a day of a GOOD Rhodiola (none of that cheapie stuff as someone above mentioned).

Also in megadosing . . . R. rosea will start to act like an anti-coagulant. Definitely not something to megadose if you take medications. In its regular dosage, it is an herb that is as harmless as anything you can find. So, why pump up the dosage!!
    In for neuron's smackdown.
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For one thing, it does EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of its intended effect when it is megadosed. The highest clinical trials were at just about 700 mg a day, and oddly higher amounts actually made a person sleepy instead of giving them energy
    Energy???? Wrong compond. Why would high doses of an [anxiolytic] herb elicit [anti-anxyolyitic] properties?
    ~

Originally Posted by Fredrickson
    Rhodiola has years of research, so it's easy to know what it does and does not do. For one thing, it does EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of its intended effect when it is megadosed. The highest clinical trials were at just about 700 mg a day, and oddly higher amounts actually made a person sleepy instead of giving them energy
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    Energy???? Wrong compond. Why would high doses of an [anxiolytic] herb elicit [anti-anxyolyitic] properties?
    Bumped for a logical response.
    ~

Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pumping4Lyyyfe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    Bumped for a logical response.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bs/lthea.html

Great product here, they use Suntheanin as well.

As for Rhodiola, I've noticed that the NOW version somewhat makes me anxious..not sure why.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pumping4Lyyyfe View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bs/lthea.html

Great product here, they use Suntheanin as well.

As for Rhodiola, I've noticed that the NOW version somewhat makes me anxious..not sure why.
    I would look for a sunthenine version for quality. AOR has one as does NOW... 2 companies I def. put high on the quality list and I have used their suntheanine products for sometime now.

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That whole "cycling" thing with Rhodiola is bull. I've taken it daily now for a long, long time and I would never want to be without it. I'm at my peak performance all the time now, and I don't have a four week slide every other month just so that I can notice the buildup again when I take it. Why go up and down? There is no evidence -- none, zippo -- that shows Rhodiola needs a cycling period.
    There is some evidence:

http://www.ergo-log.com/justonecaprhodiola.html

EXCERPT:

"When the researchers gave their students Rhodiola rosea for 4 consecutive weeks, they noticed that the ergogenic effect decreased, although not by a statistically significant amount. "

Glad it's working for you though.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

Oddly? How so? That's the desired effect for many users.
    ~