Registered User pinkandblack665's Avatar
    pinkandblack665 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry SKINNY 145lbs at 6'4"

I have never really worked out, but I am in decent shape due to my physically demanding job. I am a smoker. I am so skinny and I want to gain some muscle/weight. I wish I could get up to about 190-200 and be mostly muscle. I thought about p90x however I am skinny so I am afraid I will just get even more skinny, haha. I eat 3 times a day and snack often, but I cant eat much cause i get full so easy. Also I was wondering if supplements would help, and if so what do I need to get. Would the supplements and diet along with p90x help me gain bulk up. I'm so tired of being this small.

ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElGordoNoMas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pinkandblack665 View Post
    I have never really worked out, but I am in decent shape due to my physically demanding job. I am a smoker. I am so skinny and I want to gain some muscle/weight. I wish I could get up to about 190-200 and be mostly muscle. I thought about p90x however I am skinny so I am afraid I will just get even more skinny, haha. I eat 3 times a day and snack often, but I cant eat much cause i get full so easy. Also I was wondering if supplements would help, and if so what do I need to get. Would the supplements and diet along with p90x help me gain bulk up. I'm so tired of being this small.
    You have to get your calorie intake up! That's the only way that you're going to gain size. If you want to gain mass then I don't think that p90x would be the solution. You should hit the weights, and lift heavy and hard. Remember, heavy is a relative term. I.e., if you can only lift a certain weight 6-8 reps then that is heavy for you. Don't worry about what other guys are lifting in the gym. Just do you. Get an idea of your calorie expenditure per day, which is probably high considering you have a physically demanding job. Start tracking your calories and try to eat more, even if you are full. Make sure to try to get 150 grams or more of protein a day for your weight, if possible. Look into buying a whey shake. Some of them have over 1000kcals per shake, which should help you get your calorie intake up.

Good Luck
    PSMF Weigh-Ins: *Start: 4/19: 114kg *4/26: xx *5/03: xx *5/10: xx
    5/17: xx *5/24: xx Final: ** xxx **

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    *Quit smoking. Now.

*Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

*Forget about supplements

*Start reading:
    Mass Gain Nutrition: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...=MassGainDiets
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pinkandblack665 View Post
    I see P90X in your message a couple times. You even understand it's not for you, but then you talk about doing it again. Dont do P90X, it is not for a 6'4" guy that weighs 140 pounds.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    p 90x isnt for us skinny guys. The best way to train is with straight sets done to failure resting just long enough for you muscles to almost fully recover from the last set then hit them hard again.

p 90x focuses on alot of high intensity in order to burn calories. That's not where you want your focus, you want it on calorie consumption and adding more weight.

Train in the 6-12 range for best size gains.

Eat Eat Eat

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by henmaniac87 View Post
    p 90x isnt for us skinny guys. The best way to train is with straight sets done to failure resting just long enough for you muscles to almost fully recover from the last set then hit them hard again.

p 90x focuses on alot of high intensity in order to burn calories. That's not where you want your focus, you want it on calorie consumption and adding more weight.

Eat Eat Eat
    I definately agree with your second part of the post but the best way to train is not always straight sets to failure.

OP go with the Simple Beginners routine posted by IronWill or starting strength and you won't regret it.

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by martial-man420 View Post
    I definately agree with your second part of the post but the best way to train is not always straight sets to failure.

OP go with the Simple Beginners routine posted by IronWill or starting strength and you won't regret it.
    That's your opinion, but I believe it is the best way, for skinny guys, and most guys to train.

Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Izabella87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Food--A LOT--Exercise Low reps___ REST!

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by henmaniac87 View Post

Eat Eat Eat
    "5) Training to near muscular failure has shown to induce identical hypertrophy gains than training to all out muscular failure. The reason you guys can’t train a muscle more than once per week is because you are destroying it when you do train it. Learn to hit or miss that last rep and then call it done. Don’t do ridiculous amounts of forced reps, negatives, etc. until you literally can’t move the muscle. Take it to near failure and then your muscles will recover enough so that you can train them again in 3-4 days.

Understand that there is a huge difference in training to near failure and not training hard. I would never advocate to not train hard. Actually, quite the opposite – try to squat for 5 sets of 5 reps using only 10lbs less than your five rep max. That’s absolutely brutal. But when you get done, don’t go to the leg press machine and keep pounding out sets and stripping off weight until you literal can’t do a single leg press with only the sled. That’s absurd, and you can’t recover from it in 3 days."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=732835