xxxgbp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to gain lean muscle & LOSE FAT..check out & rate!!! 159g of protein, ok?

What would you change? Remove? Add?

Female
    135 lbs

Is 159 g of protein too much for my weight!?

You know how everyone says you should eat every 3 hrs...well I've found out that I am basically eating every 3 hrs.....but its still 3 meals for me!

I wake up at 9am

Drink green tea at 9:30am & between meals

Eat breakfast smoothie at 10am

Greek yogurt
    Banana
    Oats
    Flax
    Strawberries
    Almonds
    Fat free milk

Eat Lunch at 1pm (2 low carb turkey burgers)

All white turkey patties
    Lettuce (instead of buns)
    Tomato
    Avocado
    &
    Cucumber slices (instead of fries)

Workout at 4pm

Walk at 2.5 for 5 min

Lower body stretch

Cardio, 45 min (alternate between power walking & walking at a 10% incline)

Strenght training, 2 10 lb dumbells (alternate days between upper body, lower body....abs every day)

Complete body stretch

Post-workout shake at 7pm

Everyone says you're last meal should be 3-4 hrs before going to bed..

Optimum nutrition Gold Standard Natural (chocolate), 2 scoops
    12 oz fat free milk
    Flax
    Oats

Sleep at 11pm

Calories-1446.5
    Fat calories-271
    Fat g-38
    Sat fat g-7
    Trans fat g-0
    Cholesterol mg- 250
    Sodium mg-1137
    Carb g-124
    Sugar g-58.5
    Protein g-159

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xxxgbp View Post
    Um, no. The recommended daily amount of protein is 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight. So if you're 135lbs and you're eating 159g, that's about 1.18g per pound. That's fine.

You know how everyone says you should eat every 3 hrs
    No, I hadn't heard that. What's the logic behind that, I wonder? I'm just messin with ya. That's complete crap - eat whenever you feel like it. It's the amount of calories you're eating that makes a difference, not when you eat them.

You've got to stop listening to what other people say - they're full of crap. Why can't you eat closer to bedtime? Or further from it for that matter? Does your body know what time it is?
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yup pretty much what the above poser said. Listing to "What Everyone Says" is silly. Do your research and figure out if there are VALID reasons for the myths that are spread. If you reasearch you'll find that there is NO evidence that meal timing has any impact on fat loss. None. It's all about calories in vs. calories out.

Now .. that said, keep in mind that you cannot build muscle AND lose fat at the same time. IN order to build muscle you have to be eating MORE in order to have something to build with (you can't make muscle out of nothign). In order to lose weight you have to eat LESS in order to force your body to use it's reserves (fat). The two goals are mututally incompatible. That's why bb's do bulking and cutting cycles - first one then the other - in order to gain muscle and shed fat.

I will say at your weight you don't NEED 159g of protein. It's not necessarily bad for you, but 1g - 1.5g is based on lean body mass for most people, not full body weight. I weigh 30 lbs more than you do (give or take) and I am aiming for 150g per day - which is about 1.25g per pound of lean body mass for me.

I'd also say that you probably need to be eating more real food, including more veggies and fruits.

And finally, look at the workout plans that are already predesigned here on the site, or pick up a copy of a book like New Rules of Lifting or New Rules of Lifting for Women and do one of their workouts. Your weight program looks pretty inefficient and there's no need to do 45 mins of cardio every day AND weights every day. Even abs. Your body needs recovery time.

xxxgbp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nunu713 View Post
    Um, no. The recommended daily amount of protein is 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight. So if you're 135lbs and you're eating 159g, that's about 1.18g per pound. That's fine.

No, I hadn't heard that. What's the logic behind that, I wonder? I'm just messin with ya. That's complete crap - eat whenever you feel like it. It's the amount of calories you're eating that makes a difference, not when you eat them.

You've got to stop listening to what other people say - they're full of crap. Why can't you eat closer to bedtime? Or further from it for that matter? Does your body know what time it is?
    Thanks for the info! I'm also a little confused about my strenght training workout..I want to work every major muscle in my body evenly and efficiently...but i know that certain muscles (legs) need more reps since they are stronger muscles....I found a few sites but maybe you can suggest something better?

sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html
    exercise.about.com/cs/exbeginners/a/begstrength.htm
    exercisegoals.com/dumbbell-exercises-workouts.html

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    but i know that certain muscles (legs) need more reps since they are stronger muscles
    what?

madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    what?
    thats what i was thinking...???

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by madelineoneil View Post
    thats what i was thinking...???
    at least w/ the other broscience stuff, i know where it's coming from and have heard it before. not this one, though, lol

Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the info! I'm also a little confused about my strenght training workout..I want to work every major muscle in my body evenly and efficiently...but i know that certain muscles (legs) need more reps since they are stronger muscles....I found a few sites but maybe you can suggest something better?

sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html
    exercise.about.com/cs/exbeginners/a/begstrength.htm
    exercisegoals.com/dumbbell-exercises-workouts.html
    These are recommended behavioral techniques to get people to eat fewer calories. It is not required to eat every three hours, or stop eating at a particular time, or eat "clean." The only thing that is required is to eat fewer calories than you burn.

Calories:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Clean Eating:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125916003

Important Threads:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122789461

Or any other sticky (red thread)

Outside sources: Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald - google them, they have websites, you may also want to read Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto and the New Rules for Lifting

Summerset has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What would you change? Remove? Add?

Female
    135 lbs

You know how everyone says you should eat every 3 hrs...well I've found out that I am basically eating every 3 hrs.....but its still 3 meals for me!

I wake up at 9am

Drink green tea at 9:30am & between meals

Eat breakfast smoothie at 10am

Greek yogurt
    Banana
    Oats
    Flax
    Strawberries
    Almonds
    Fat free milk

Eat Lunch at 1pm (2 low carb turkey burgers)

All white turkey patties
    Lettuce (instead of buns)
    Tomato
    Avocado
    &
    Cucumber slices (instead of fries)

Workout at 4pm

Walk at 2.5 for 5 min

Lower body stretch

Cardio, 45 min (alternate between power walking & walking at a 10% incline)

Strenght training, 2 10 lb dumbells (alternate days between upper body, lower body....abs every day)

Complete body stretch

Post-workout shake at 7pm

Optimum nutrition Gold Standard Natural (chocolate), 2 scoops
    12 oz fat free milk
    Flax
    Oats

Sleep at 11pm

Calories-1446.5
    Fat calories-271
    Fat g-38
    Sat fat g-7
    Trans fat g-0
    Cholesterol mg- 250
    Sodium mg-1137
    Carb g-124
    Sugar g-58.5
    Protein g-159
    I noticed a couple of things you might want to tweak in your diet. First off, for the training you mention doing, maybe your protein is too high. If you aren't lifting for mass gains or on a mass gain program you don't necessarily need that much protein. Change up your program to lift heavy, for hypertrophy and go with split training, 4-3 days a week. Or cut your protein to 0.8-1.0g per bodyweight and see if you start to drop some fat.

You mention eating every 3 hours, but you are working out on fumes. Eating at 1pm, lifting at 4pm WITH cardio isn't going to make you grow. Can you change your gym time to 3? Or eat a meal at 3:30 then lift at 4:30, eating your pwo meal at 7:30-8pm, which can be a whole food meal and should contain carbs, or a whey shake/carbs and some efas.

Another thing that might make a difference is the timing of your cardio and the intensity of it. You could try 20-30 min post lifting. You could try a long walk in the morning for 30-40 min. If your goal is to add mass, you really want to prioritize that and do any cardio after you lift so you have all your energy for the weight room.

Hope that helps a little. Best of luck on your journey!