Thread: Plateau??

joecavalier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plateau??

My girlfriend has recently lost 15 pounds recently eating relatively low carb diet and quite a high level of protein
    a normal day would consist of;

Breakfast; 1 rasher of bacon (fat cut off), 1 sausage (no skin), mushrooms and tomatoes
    handful of pumpkin seeds and a protein shakes

Lunch; mixed salad (no dressing) hard boiled egg, chicken breast and a low fat yogurt.

Dinner; mixed vegetables, chicken breast and some cottage cheese, protein shake

snacks would be spoonful of peanut butter or some beef jerky.

question being, she seems to have stalled on the weightloss, she has had one cheat meal which was half a pizza hut yesterday.

Anyone have any ideas as to what she can do differently??

thanks in advance

Joe

King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by joecavalier View Post
    My girlfriend has recently lost 15 pounds recently eating relatively low carb diet and quite a high level of protein

Breakfast; 1 rasher of bacon (fat cut off), 1 sausage (no skin), mushrooms and tomatoes

Lunch; mixed salad (no dressing) hard boiled egg, chicken breast and a low fat yogurt.

question being, she seems to have stalled on the weightloss, she has had one cheat meal which was half a pizza hut yesterday.

thanks in advance

Joe
    -Beef Jerky
    -Sausage
    -Bacon
    +Tuna
    +Turkey(Deli sliced)
    +Ground Turkey
    +Greek Yogurt
    +Green Tea

???

Profit
    Sig line can't be a novel

saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10) saiyandide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get rid of the bacon and beef jerky for sure the jerky I believe can cause you to retain alot of water due to the large amounts of sodium. I am not sure if they make a turkey sausage if they do I would suggest reading the label and see if it is comparable to ground turkey. For the salad if that has the egg in it I would get rid of the yoke and just eat the white. One large egg has about 80 cals in it but just the egg white is about 16-17 and it retains about 3.5grams of protein. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a cheat meal as long as its once a week or less and is just 1 meal. Hope that this helps your gf.

Brutal skin thinning igglesphan's Avatar
    igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Simply have her reduce calories a bit more... she can eat the same stuff, just less of it.

Cheers for the responses guys, makes sense, I think her problem with reducing her intake further is that shes starving! lol. But getting rid of the jerky and bacon makes sense, also I suspect she isnt drinking enough water despite what I tell her.

bail its the miscers mattyoung92's Avatar
    mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    more water + fish oil caps.

if shes stopped losing weight and shes in a deficit most lickly thing is her water retention if shes abit of course do those and it should help if not may just be hormones get her training anaerobically like circuit training will up her test and GH. and like stated above keep away from the high sodium foods.
    I'm most lickly eating right now.

Get ripped or die mirin' Westboarder's Avatar
    Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hiit
    Spoon pics are a dime a dozen, demand a fork pic.

Brendon16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long has she been doing this diet for? If she is 8 weeks into it I would suggestion having a cheat meal once a week to shock/reset the body. People don't understand, that the body can get very use to having little to no carbs (it just focuses on taking protein for energy). If you are in a deficit your still going to lose weight, it's just going to slow down after a few months into the no carb diet. That's why most low carb diets will have you increase your carb intake after awhile, then decrease it again.

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joecavalier View Post

thanks in advance

Joe
    What are her stats? height/ weight? Do you know how many calories she is taking in right now? Any type of exercise program?

Lol, her workout "regime" consists of a jillian michaels DVD every day and she may also do 20 mins running every other day. She is 5"3 inch tall and weighs about 137lbs, im not sure how many calories she is taking in to be honest!