Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I dont understnd how military personnel can be so patriotic

You guys are on the front line of a war which is largely believed to have been executed under false pretences and for motives other than those claimed for the official justification for this war.

Its you guys who are putting your lives at risk every single day for what is pretty sh*tty pay and working in the worst conditions possible. You guys are fighting a way and killing people you dont know and those who are simply trying to defend their country for what they percieve as a national threat.

You guys are the ones who have had to leave your family and friends behind and live without the company of your respective partners for extended periods of time. Your comrades/friends are dying out in the war zone every single day whilst everyone back home continues livving their lives completely unaware.

Whilst you are doing all this, the politicians and corporate fat cats who pushed for this war are sitting in their multi-million dollar mansions, eating the finest food in the world, walking on the most plush carpet in a lavishly decorated household and retiring to a bedroom that is fit for a king and undoubtedly being accompanied by a stunning woman to said bedroom. They would scoff at the idea of their own children or relatives fighting this war but are completely happy for the blue collar class to go off and be killed for a war that shouldnt have happened in the first place.

How the f*ck can you guys stand for that kind of treatment?

NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a job and someone has to do it. So instead of questioning it, why don't you just be thankful.

vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vagonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    propoganda brah, the military pays the best marketers/advertising agencies and hires psy ops and psychological engineers to make them believe that joining the military is patriotic.

I would fight and die for my country, but not for the federal government sorry.

United States Gov't=/=America

CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000) CountofManlets is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NYPump View Post
    It's a job and someone has to do it. So instead of questioning it, why don't you just be thankful.
    Cliche statement is cliche. We aren't allowed to question why people would go to war under false pretenses and be happy about it?

Registered User southernstunna1's Avatar
    southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it isn't only blue collar people being killed...many of the ~1100 naval special forces guys on the ground in iraq right now have college degrees. And you have to possess a college degree to become an officer.

rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in b4 brainwashed patriots who would be Nazis if they lived in 1940s germany

also, they arent protecting us, they are endangering us.. its civilians who incur the wrath of domestic terrorism due to blowback

southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pretty dickish comment imo. He isn't being unthankful, he is wondering how you do it? He is not being the least bit disrespectful at all.

Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100) Chris0101 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

Well I did the last 9 1/2 years for my country and now as a civilian im back over in the desert doing the same thing i did when i was in the military! LOL I fight for what I believe in and that is my country. I stand by my country! I dont believe in my president or his polititions. I believe in that piece of paper that is enclosed in a glass case in D.C. I believe in our troops thats why as a civilian I came back to work with them again. Yes we get shat on. At the end of the day if I go to bed knowing that I did some part in keeping my family safe I rest easy. Propaganda is funny so is this Wikileaks BS. Thre is alot that the civilan shouldnt know or worry about. Your not getting shot at so sleep easy and enjoy the life you got. If your so worried about politics overseas join up and come on over. Just sayin......
    "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Depth Before Dishonor hawkrock60's Avatar
    hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rotatoo View Post
    also, they arent protecting us, they are endangering us.. its civilians who incur the wrath of domestic terrorism due to blowback
    How much 'blowback' has there been since the commencement of OEF/OIF?
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じし_, )ノ

Registered User eachandeveryday's Avatar
    eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's ALOT of military and ex-military who are openly against these wars - but you can't say much when you're active duty, there are rules about that.
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10) DestroyedAus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Country =?= Corporate profit
    =Anxiety Crew= . = Aussie Crew=

N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is exactly what the OP is talking about. Be honest, when you decided to serve, was the first thing you thought about defending your country? Or something to do, a life experience, an occupation that interested you?
    I'm thankful for everyone who takes up a weapon to defend our freedom but don't you ever question your superiors?

Originally Posted by eachandeveryday View Post
    There's ALOT of military and ex-military who are openly against these wars - but you can't say much when you're active duty, there are rules about that.
    haha ask Mr. McChrystal about that.

eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) eachandeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by southernstunna1 View Post
    haha ask Mr. McChrystal about that.
    Exactly. Sometimes I think old Stanley just wanted out because he knew the whole thing was unwinnable, no matter what strategy you used. Those people don't want us there, period.
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i do it so my children one day will not have to, or so my little brother will not have to follow in my footsteps either. the military may be completely horrible with hours duty deployments and pay but there are advantages as well. they pay for your 9/11 GI Bill for college when you get out and provide full benefits for not only you but your whole family as well.
    Georgia Bulldogs/Orlando Magic/Miami Dolphins/UCF Knights/BoSox

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    “You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.”

“Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.”

“The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?”

“Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -how passionately I hate them!”
    Albert Einstein

“The time is fast approaching when to call a man a patriot will be the deepest insult you can offer him. Patriotism now means advocating plunder in the interest of the privileged classes of the particular State system into which we have happened to be born.”

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.”
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by N4th4n View Post
    This is exactly what the OP is talking about. Be honest, when you decided to serve, was the first thing you thought about defending your country? Or something to do, a life experience, an occupation that interested you?
    I'm thankful for everyone who takes up a weapon to defend our freedom but don't you ever question your superiors?
    this intrigues a lot of people
    very true
    Originally Posted by southernstunna1 View Post
    pretty dickish comment imo. He isn't being unthankful, he is wondering how you do it? He is not being the least bit disrespectful at all.
    x2

rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hawkrock60 View Post
    How much 'blowback' has there been since the commencement of OEF/OIF?
    are you serious?? How many plane bombings have been narrowly averted recently??

Originally Posted by BabyGunz76 View Post
    i do it so my children one day will not have to, or so my little brother will not have to follow in my footsteps either. the military may be completely horrible with hours duty deployments and pay but there are advantages as well. they pay for your 9/11 GI Bill for college when you get out and provide full benefits for not only you but your whole family as well.
    I don't think OP is asking why people join the military. 99% of miscers love the military and what they represent. I think he's asking why some military members are gung-ho for the given reasons behind the mission, when over half of all Americans myself included think it's just another name for empire.
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Chris0101 View Post
    Well I did the last 9 1/2 years for my country and now as a civilian im back over in the desert doing the same thing i did when i was in the military! LOL I fight for what I believe in and that is my country. I stand by my country! I dont believe in my president or his polititions. I believe in that piece of paper that is enclosed in a glass case in D.C. I believe in our troops thats why as a civilian I came back to work with them again. Yes we get shat on. At the end of the day if I go to bed knowing that I did some part in keeping my family safe I rest easy. Propaganda is funny so is this Wikileaks BS. Thre is alot that the civilan shouldnt know or worry about. Your not getting shot at so sleep easy and enjoy the life you got. If your so worried about politics overseas join up and come on over. Just sayin......

You do huh?

If anything the fore father's advocated "no entangling alliances". Fighting a war for Israel seems pretty "entangling". Furthermore, Corporate interests =/= Interests of the American People .Please tell us how you are defending our constitutional liberties. Was Iraq going to invade us and impose sharia law? Doubt It.

If anything Civil Liberties have gotten worse since the beginning of this ordeal.....the patriot act.

Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike-anon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty ****ty pay?
    ** I rape back 1k+**

---If I handed you a list of every God, spirit, supernatural being, religion, supernatural claim, etc to have ever been proposed by humanity, and gave you the task of writing "legitimate" or "we made this **** up" next to each one, how far down the list would you get before spotting a trend?---

hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000) hawkrock60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frizzel View Post
    You guys are on the front line of a war which is largely believed to have been executed under false pretences and for motives other than those claimed for the official justification for this war.

Its you guys who are putting your lives at risk every single day for what is pretty sh*tty pay and working in the worst conditions possible. You guys are fighting a way and killing people you dont know and those who are simply trying to defend their country for what they percieve as a national threat.

You guys are the ones who have had to leave your family and friends behind and live without the company of your respective partners for extended periods of time. Your comrades/friends are dying out in the war zone every single day whilst everyone back home continues livving their lives completely unaware.

Whilst you are doing all this, the politicians and corporate fat cats who pushed for this war are sitting in their multi-million dollar mansions, eating the finest food in the world, walking on the most plush carpet in a lavishly decorated household and retiring to a bedroom that is fit for a king and undoubtedly being accompanied by a stunning woman to said bedroom. They would scoff at the idea of their own children or relatives fighting this war but are completely happy for the blue collar class to go off and be killed for a war that shouldnt have happened in the first place.

your first sentence on motives and pretenses is too general. There have been arguments about the pretenses of war since wars have been fought. Some people think FDR knew about the coming Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. There is still debate over the Gulf of Tonkin incident today. The fact of the matter is, MI6 thought Saddam had WMDs, the CIA thought he had them, the members of our Congress and Senate, both Republican and Democrat thought he had them. Does that make it wrong that we invaded? I don't think so, personally.

What is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan is that every terrorist who wants to blow up an American is going there to fight U.S. troops. Why go all the way to America and deal with Customs, ICE, etc when you can fight them in Iraq? They fight us there, so we don't fight them here.

The pay isn't that bad, and of course some of the Iraqis are fighting because they consider us a national threat. It's war. What's your point?

And while I personally think it's abhorrent that some people who are rich would never want their children to serve in the military and give back to the country that gave them so much, it's the system we have. I wouldn't want compulsory service.

And those blue-bloods are basically paying the way for 90% of Americans in terms of taxation, so I cut 'em a little slack.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じし_, )ノ

Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe we don't give a **** about family, friends, money or any of that ****...maybe we just want to kill some mother ****ers!

That ever occur to you OP!

P u ssy!
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.

Former Jarhead for Uncle Sam (SGT). 8th Marine Regiment. ★cVc★
    Currently working with MARSOC. PM me for Spec Ops info.

I Rep Back Everyone! PM me if I don't get you back!

Originally Posted by rotatoo View Post
    are you serious?? How many plane bombings have been narrowly averted recently??
    So no civilian casualties there, either. And I think there have been two.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じし_, )ノ

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frizzel View Post

It is not our job to question our civilian leadership. We have to trust that the American public will choose to put those in place who will most successfully look out for their interests.

I don't expect you to understand as you've not served in the military.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

What is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan is that every terrorist who wants to blow up an American is going there to fight U.S. troops. Why go all the way to America and deal with Customs, ICE, etc when you can fight them in Iraq? They fight us there, so we don't fight them here.

And those blue-bloods are basically paying the way for 90% of Americans in terms of taxation, so I cut 'em a little slack.
    Strong Republican talking points are strong.
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

I don't think OP is asking why people join the military. 99% of miscers love the military and what they represent. I think he's asking why some military members are gung-ho for the given reasons behind the mission, when over half of all Americans myself included think it's just another name for empire.
    we can not argue against certain beliefs. we are given an order and are required to follow that order. we swore in and some of us swore in during this war, we new what we were getting ourselves into. we have a job and it has to get done.

They fight us there, so we don't fight them here.

ladies and gentlemen, patriotic brainwashing at its finest

i am speechless that you actually believe that

im sure you will be very happy to go on an american-bound plane that has no bomb checks