Closed Thread
    Stootz01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Does Everyone Have A Six Pack

Just joined up today and noticed almost every profile pic has a dude with a six pack. I'm 6'2 205, not fat, in good shape, have a flat stomach, work out 5 days a week but curious on how to get the 6 pack everyone has. I work my abs once a week, usually throw it on leg day, eat healthy. I want to get big but want that look, is it possible? Getting big is eating big and lifting heavy from what I understand but Its very contradictive. How do I do both?

Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Stootz01 View Post
    Just joined up today and noticed almost every profile pic has a dude with a six pack. I'm 6'2 205, not fat, in good shape, have a flat stomach, work out 5 days a week but curious on how to get the 6 pack everyone has. I work my abs once a week, usually throw it on leg day, eat healthy. I want to get big but want that look, is it possible? Getting big is eating big and lifting heavy from what I understand but Its very contradictive. How do I do both?
    Get big, then cut bodyfat and if you have decent genetics you'll get a 6pack.

I'm not sure how much genetics plays a part of if that's just everyone's excuse... thoughts?
    ~Ron Paul 2012~

Kansas City Chiefs fan.

Kansas City Royals fan.

RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1.) Squat
    2.) Deadlift
    3.) Cut
    4.) ???
    5.) profit

cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The people more inclined to post their pictures are probably the ones with six-packs, so there's an inherent selection bias. Compound that with the added bias that this is a bodybuilding forum, and it's no wonder most of the people who post pictures have six packs.

But a six pack is about more than lifting and eating heavy. It's great that you've started with that, since it means it'll just be that much easier to cut the excess fat away.

Most bodybuilders go through cycles of 'bulking' and 'cutting', in which they eat above and below maintenance, respectively. The bulking cycle is meant to stimulate muscle growth, and the cutting cycle is meant to 'cut' away any excess fat taken on in the bulking cycle.

I suggest counting how many calories you eat in a day for a week, average it out, then subtract 500 from it. Eat that many calories per day for a month. Odds are, if you don't cheat, you'll see a difference.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, it's a bodybuilding forum, where people strive to have the best physiques possible. A six pack just happens to be part of that

Keep in mind though, people here weren't born with it. Everyone put in the hard work, the sweat, the time and the dedication to get there. You can too!

zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000) zpm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Although you are not fat,you can be considered fat when it comes to having 6packs.These packs usually appear at 9-11% bodyfat.Some have it even at 13-15%.

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zpm View Post
    Although you are not fat,you can be considered fat when it comes to having 6packs.These packs usually appear at 9-11% bodyfat.Some have it even at 13-15%.
    this, everyone has a six pack.... it's our anatomy, however FAT covers said anatomy, you can increase the amount of muscle that your 6-pack consists of by simply working them out every other day (simply good form crunches works)

but having a six pack is all about DIET and CARDIO.
    if you don't see yours, you have too much fat in your midsection.

and not all of us have a visible six pack.... yet, gimme 4 months or so :P
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so I have a question for you guys.

Do all people have defined abs, except that most people's are covered in fat? Or do they need to develop those muscles first?

I know a friend who runs a lot, and he has become very skinny, he doesn't even eat healthily, but because of miles of running, he has 4-pack abs...

I'm wondering if I should be doing more crunches on each work out (I'm doing like 30-50 per weight-lifting session in-between sets).

FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    <------ not this guy. he only has a 4-pack, but wateverz, 4 is better than not visible. haha
    --------------------------
    Current Notable Stats: (July 2010)
    275 LBS Flat Bench (6 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Incline (6 repz, 5 setz)
    185 LBS Standing Shoulder Press (6 repz, 5 setz)
    540 LBS Machine Leg Press (8 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Standing Barbell Squat (8 repz, 5 setz)
    135 LBS Calves Raise (8 repz, 5 setz)
    45 LBS Dumbells Lunges (8 repz, 5 setz)
    170 LBS Weighted Abs Crunch (15 repz, 10 setz)
    20 LBS Weighted Captain Chair Leg Raise (15 repz, 10 setz)

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stootz01 View Post
    welcome to www.bodybuilding.com

you really wonder why there are an abundance of six packs?
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000) Bookwriter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FrosteaTT View Post
    <------ not this guy. he only has a 4-pack, but wateverz, 4 is better than not visible. haha
    bah! 3-pack is more awesome then a 4pack!
    Swedish Master Race Crew
    Short guy Crew
    Walk around on tippy-toes to seem taller Crew
    Cry about height Crew
    Cant gain weight Crew
    Only eat 1500kcals because mom told me so Crew
    Proudmanlet sized Crew

BioX!WKCDb9bd.w

http://highcoastscrolls.wordpress.com/
    -Flash fiction for the non-squirmish

FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bookwriter View Post
    bah! 3-pack is more awesome then a 4pack!
    wtf...??? did i missed the bandwagon?? =/

LoL
    --------------------------
    Current Notable Stats: (July 2010)
    275 LBS Flat Bench (6 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Incline (6 repz, 5 setz)
    185 LBS Standing Shoulder Press (6 repz, 5 setz)
    540 LBS Machine Leg Press (8 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Standing Barbell Squat (8 repz, 5 setz)
    135 LBS Calves Raise (8 repz, 5 setz)
    45 LBS Dumbells Lunges (8 repz, 5 setz)
    170 LBS Weighted Abs Crunch (15 repz, 10 setz)
    20 LBS Weighted Captain Chair Leg Raise (15 repz, 10 setz)

AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might be alot higher BF% then you think. You can have a somewhat flat stomach with no abs and be 15% bf, get it checked out.

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dunno lol, cuz it's bb.com?

u mad?
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.

Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maddrox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    Ok so I have a question for you guys.

Do all people have defined abs, except that most people's are covered in fat? Or do they need to develop those muscles first?

I know a friend who runs a lot, and he has become very skinny, he doesn't even eat healthily, but because of miles of running, he has 4-pack abs...

I'm wondering if I should be doing more crunches on each work out (I'm doing like 30-50 per weight-lifting session in-between sets).
    All people have Abs, how much they have been stimulated defines how "defined" they are under the fat.

It sounds like your friend is on the lower spectrum of "Skinny Fat". Just cause your thin doesn't mean he has low Body Fat %. You also mentioned he runs alot, but didn't mention him lifting or working his abs. Which would explain him being somewhat skinny fat and only having a visible 4-pack.

Welcome to Bb.com
    August 7th, 2010 - The day the Misc Mods disappeared

Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Itis1760 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    abs are made in the kitchen... clean up your diet..
    Every day im shufflin!

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It us a goal that a lot if people have. The ones on bb.com put in the time, effort, knowledge and sweat to get them. It took me about 5 months and 70lbs to see my abs.