naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why so many people are obese

While getting gas today, saw this obese lady with a toddler. She poured a can of fanta into the sipping for the fat kid, and I thought to myself, this is a fat baby that will turn into an obese teen.

I am really big on self discipline and responsibility but I can't help but blame parents sometimes for America been fat

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was just wondering this morning how I became obese.....still boggles my mind. I wish I had kept a log of all the stuff I was eating.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    I was just wondering this morning how I became obese.....still boggles my mind. I wish I had kept a log of all the stuff I was eating.
    oh it's easy my friend, I was a chubby kid and I developed a complex, got teased for being fat, ate because I was sad, sad because I ate, ate because I was sad from eating

laziness with making meals = 4 slices of toast with 6 slices of cheese melted with 4 sausages, drank like 2 pots of coffee a day because I had no energy, each cup was a double tall mug with half cream / creamer / milk with 4 sugars.

ate out all the time, when we got pizza I could eat half a family size pizza by myself
    when we got burgers I would get 1 double burger 1 large fries a shake and a BACKUP burger.

yeah that's a couple things that spring to mind, when I think back to how I ate... I can't believe I had not ballooned up above 400lbs.

and how much energy I have now, and what I eat just amazes me.

all it takes is a little education and some hard work and it becomes your nature, unfortunately that initial spark will never ignite for most people. we are the lucky ones.
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by naija2atl View Post
    While getting gas today, saw this obese lady with a toddler. She poured a can of fanta into the sipping for the fat kid, and I thought to myself, this is a fat baby that will turn into an obese teen.

I am really big on self discipline and responsibility but I can't help but blame parents sometimes for America been fat
    Seriously dude. My little brother (who will be 15 in October) is 5'7 and 195 pounds. As a toddler he would always drink Lipton Brisk Iced Tea, and we all gave it to him. Nothing but sugar, really. I didn't think much of it at the time (I was 13-15) as I drank at least 2 liters of soda per day and ate like **** but I had a really good body. Obesity never entered my mind until I hit my early 20s, my activity level went down to nearly 0 and my eating stayed the same. Here I am just now in my mid-20s and doing something about it. I've talked to him rationally and told him to just look at me. At 17 years old I was 175 pounds and in very good shape and still in 7 years I ballooned up to 260 pounds. I was like at the rate you're going, you can easily be 350 pounds by the time you're 24. Plus, I feel bad for the kid, I was always going out with girls at his age and he never does. Hopefully it's sunk in.

I've gotten him off of the sugary drinks (he drinks only water, I know he's not cheating here because if he does I'm not taking him to see Bleeding Through and Terror!) but I can't watch his complete diet as I don't live with him. My mom always has a cupboard full of soda, cookies, candy, etc. She cooks good meals but always large portions. Once you're aware of it, it's impossible not to see it. The parents are definitely to blame and there's really no changing your parents' mind on anything.

</my personal blog>
    Barely decent crew

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by naija2atl View Post

this is exactly why, where and how it starts, children are taught to eat like ****......I had a single mom and we struggled and it was always about finish everything on your plate, don't waste food etc....so you learn earlier on to gorge yourself and its all cheap crap food.

habits are learned very early and hard to break

OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OReilly10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was kind of the opposite. My father was an ultra marathoner. We ate very bland, healthy meals for years and years. Never red meat.

Then I got to college and had access to all these new delicious choices and got into pretty bad shape.
    Cut
    June 3 - ?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154489543

bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadblaine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was fat my entire life until 2 years ago when I decided
    to change my life. My parents were obese and my father died at 43 because of it and I was on the same path he took until I changed my ways. I guess I could blame them for being fat when I was younger and didn't know any better but as you get older you know what's right and wrong and you have to make the descisions accordingly.

Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I grew up with sports, tennis, tabletennis, handball, soccer, floorball and icehockey on international level. At the age of 15 i quit most, started playing chess and becoming more of an interlectual person then the jock i was growing up.

That led me to computers, computer gaming and a general still sitting life and alot of coca cola. That lead me to bad teeth, overweight body and low self asteem. Even tho i was always a social person, the confidence around women was somewhat diminished. Now im on the right track again, loosing weight in a good fasion.

I think most ppl just dont realize they are obese until they have gone too far.
    "A single measurement is worth a thousand opinions"

adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its easy?

MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000) MetalManuel is just really nice. (+1000)
    **** yes, i blame it on my mom, to a certain extent. I grew up fat and never had the experiences i should have had. I wish my mom was more health conscious and taught us how to eat well and didn't feed us ****. Also at the same time, from what she did feed us, we had to start making our own food (siblings and I), she worked all the time to support us. I didn't know anything about eating healthy, and my friends were also skinny as **** and eating everything they wanted so i did that too. Up until i was about 16 i didn't care, after that it started to really bug me because i wanted a girlfriend so badly.

I lost some weight, enough until i got a girlfriend. I was 220 at 16, got down to 200 lol. At 17 she broke up with me, I got really depressed. By Dec 2009 i was 286 lbs, that's when i was about to blow my brains out. My bro really helped me out though, he said "Stop being a pussy and feeling sorry for yourself, lose the weight," well not that exactly, but that's a paraphrase . I manned up, and started eating healthier and hitting the gym. I was ****ing weak. Since then I've lost about 70 lbs, almost 75 lbs. I got much stronger, i started with 165 lbs max squat and now I'm at 385 max squat , same thing for all my other lifts. My main goal is to get down to 170 by the end of the year hopefully.

TLDR-
    Blame it on my mom that I was fat, mostly.
    Then blame it on my self.
    Lost some weight, got a girlfriend.
    God dumped, turned emo suicidal.
    Got ****ing fat, bro straightened me out, now I'm manning up.
    Moral of the story, It's partially the parents fault, but because of ignorance and laziness the child is also fat. After he grows up it's all on him.

Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've thought about this alot. I think it is the parents fault mostly, its their job to teach their children about food and control what they eat during these times of abundant calorie dense foods.

A child doesnt know any better but they deserve a chance to be a healthy person by the time they do know better.

Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mrredundant View Post
    oh it's easy my friend, I was a chubby kid and I developed a complex, got teased for being fat, ate because I was sad, sad because I ate, ate because I was sad from eating

laziness with making meals = 4 slices of toast with 6 slices of cheese melted with 4 sausages, drank like 2 pots of coffee a day because I had no energy, each cup was a double tall mug with half cream / creamer / milk with 4 sugars.

ate out all the time, when we got pizza I could eat half a family size pizza by myself
    when we got burgers I would get 1 double burger 1 large fries a shake and a BACKUP burger.

yeah that's a couple things that spring to mind, when I think back to how I ate... I can't believe I had not ballooned up above 400lbs.

and how much energy I have now, and what I eat just amazes me.

all it takes is a little education and some hard work and it becomes your nature, unfortunately that initial spark will never ignite for most people. we are the lucky ones.
    My thoughts exactly. Almost word for word what my late teens were like. And it's like you said now that the flame has been lit and through trial and error and educating myself I am happier and healthier.

Repped.
    Cutting

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat sOOOOOOOOOOO unhealthily as well. I use to drink coca cola with almost every meal. I snack a lot, mainly small stuff like cookies or sugary drinks or sugary milk, especially when watching stuff.

I think this is a problem for all Americans...

We have snacking and eating addictions:
    We snack when we're bored, we snack when we watch something, we snack when we're sad. We hoard food when we're hungry (if we stayed away too long). We don't work out as often and stare at computers/TV all day.

I remember, like when I get a little too hungry due to some work, I pick larger meals, or I order that coke with the sandwhich etc... sometimes I can't help myself and still do it.

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    at the rate you're going, you can easily be 350 pounds by the time you're 24.
    being a football player, i've seen quite a few fat linemen that are 300 or more and are 15-18.

and it really does all start with the crap like the OP posted. i have pretty little room to talk about being obese, because according to all the government crap, I am. however I've got a great strength base, and I use my size to my advantage in football. not to say that it's healthy being this big, but i'm trying pretty hard to be healthy and still be this size. i still exercise, i still eat right. anyway, what i'm trying to say is that it's all in the way you are brought up. same thing with kids behavior when they get older, if you don't tolerate bad behavior at all when they are 2 and 3, then they won't be bad when they are 4, 5, 6, etc etc. you'll end up with a great kid if you start off and stay a strict, but loving parent.