Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'6", 143 lbs
    peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peteo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit peteo's BodySpace

My shoulder blades stick out alot?? *WITH PICS!*

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do my shoulder blades seem to stick out significantly? Is there something wrong?
    Thanks for any help.

Stats: 6'1", 215 lbs
    BodyPoints: 366
    Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koolhaas has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Koolhaas's BodySpace
    yes they stick out too far. don't worry about though. It's just motivation for you to get to the gym and lift more. This is the same as your ribs sticking out too far. You just need more meat. I was like this too. If i had pics i'd show you, but i don't sorry.

So, eat and lift, and they will begin to look more normal. You just need more mass. You are too skinny for your frame.
    "Eat as many dead animals as you can." - VikingMan

jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jokka is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do a bunch of rows/facepulls/inverted rows till theres no tomorrow.

once you get some lean tissue built around that area, all of your problems will go away.

mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mkit8971 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The solution to this is to strengthen the serratus anterior. The serratus is responsible for holding the shoulder blade against the ribcage. You need to correct this now or else you're in for a world of hurt once the shoulder blade rotates enough to cause impingement within the shoulder joint. Be patient though. It's going to take a few months to notice them pulling back to their correct position.

Stats: 5'10", 165 lbs
    jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jgreenhaus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit jgreenhaus's BodySpace
    I had this problem to, but i started doing a bulk and on my back/bis day i would do heavy DB bent over rows ( doing 60x8 now) Now everything looks shifted correctly and all u see is back muscle brah

mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mc-'s BodySpace
    could be serratus, could be rhomboids, could be lower trap

lots of good exercises suggested here

BUT

big deal is if you're doing these already you may not know how to get those muscles firing.
    so get with a coach who knows how to check for muscle firing, can watch your form, and help you feel the difference of when the muscles you need to trigger are working and when they need work.

best
    mc
    mc, phd, cscs, Z-Health Master Trainer,
    rkcII, ck-fms, ikff ckt, Precision Nutrition Level 1 || meditatus radix/caveat emptor

online movement assessments & coaching available http://tinyurl.com/3dcrugn
    what's a movement assessment and why have one - now http://tinyurl.com/66w3nly

www.begin2dig.com :: twitter - @begin2dig :: facebook - facebook.com/begin2dig

Stats: 5'11", 202 lbs
    Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Sathane has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Sathane's BodySpace
    Anyone have issues with restricted mobility caused by this? My scapula sticks out huge when I lift my arms, especially on the right side, and my right arm cannot be raised higher than shoulder level. No pain or tingling in the arm but I can feel the clavicle raise slightly on the right side when I try, almost like a bone is stuck under it pushing it up and preventing me from raising that arm. If I lean backward slightly I can raise the arm, further supporting my theory (I think) that a bone it too far forward and pinned under the clavical as leaning back may be allowing that bone to drop back enough to not act as a door stop. Another odd thing can be felt when mixing my protein shakes. When I use my shaker in my left hand all feels normal. When I shake with my right it feels like something shifting in my right shoulder. Like I can feel it bumping and jumping around.

I've been doing plenty of shoulder work to try and fix this and it has gotten very slightly better but not I'm thinking I should be focusing more on traps and upper back along with the shoulders.

Any ideas?

I've seen a doctor about it and they've done an ultrasound. The doctor said everything looked fine in the US then asked if it affected me at all. When I said, "Yah, I can't reach over my head with my right arm." He said, "It's something you're going to have to learn to live with."

I'm wondering if a visit to a chiro would be useful.
    Last edited by Sathane; 09-30-2012 at 03:42 AM.

mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mc- has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mc-'s BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Sathane View Post
    Anyone have issues with restricted mobility caused by this? My scapula sticks out huge when I lift my arms, especially on the right side, and my right arm cannot be raised higher than shoulder level. No pain or tingling in the arm but I can feel the clavicle raise slightly on the right side when I try, almost like a bone is stuck under it pushing it up and preventing me from raising that arm. If I lean backward slightly I can raise the arm, further supporting my theory (I think) that a bone it too far forward and pinned under the clavical as leaning back may be allowing that bone to drop back enough to not act as a door stop. Another odd thing can be felt when mixing my protein shakes. When I use my shaker in my left hand all feels normal. When I shake with my right it feels like something shifting in my right shoulder. Like I can feel it bumping and jumping around.

I've been doing plenty of shoulder work to try and fix this and it has gotten very slightly better but not I'm thinking I should be focusing more on traps and upper back along with the shoulders.

Any ideas?

I've seen a doctor about it and they've done an ultrasound. The doctor said everything looked fine in the US then asked if it affected me at all. When I said, "Yah, I can't reach over my head with my right arm." He said, "It's something you're going to have to learn to live with."

I'm wondering if a visit to a chiro would be useful.
    if your doc says you're good to go, see a movement coach (best) or start practicing dynamic mobility.
    here's what i'd recommend in the train along dvd/manual world
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2008/09/z-h...dys-joint.html
    and if you PM me and let me know where you live i can recommend a trainer/coach
    you can get away from this limitation.
    m.c.
    mc, phd, cscs, Z-Health Master Trainer,
    rkcII, ck-fms, ikff ckt, Precision Nutrition Level 1 || meditatus radix/caveat emptor

online movement assessments & coaching available http://tinyurl.com/3dcrugn
    what's a movement assessment and why have one - now http://tinyurl.com/66w3nly

www.begin2dig.com :: twitter - @begin2dig :: facebook - facebook.com/begin2dig