Closed Thread
Page 3 of 280 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    six years security forces brahs, currently in Army SMP ROTC to get meh comission. Will always love the Air Force

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    six years security forces brahs, currently in Army SMP ROTC to get meh comission. Will always love the Air Force
    Nice brah, are you happy with the choice you made so far with getting out and going for the commision?

Welcome
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000) TheMrSmiley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post
    Thanks bro, aprreciate your support!
    I mean it, it's folks like you guys who make it possible for me and my children to enjoy the life we have...

Thanks

Brb...Eating weights beautiizhername's Avatar
    beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000) beautiizhername is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheMrSmiley View Post
    No ass kissing here but I always take time to say THANK YOU to those who serve.

So

Thank you

Others may not appreciate it but I do!!!
    Thanks for the support!
    U.S AIR FORCE *SECURITY FORCES* 07 to present

OND vet

I*rep*Military I*rep*back (pm me if I forget and post in the same thread so I can find u)

No pain No Gain...so quit b!tching

Baltimore Ravens Fan...u mad?

I ***rep*** for lulz...

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What set did you end up getting?
    I got these:

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pro...G1&ItemCode=71

Originally Posted by TheMrSmiley View Post
    No ass kissing here but I always take time to say THANK YOU to those who serve.

So

Thank you

Others may not appreciate it but I do!!!
    Thanks brah.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ochosiete View Post
    im currently in college in california... im considering after i get my bachelors looking into the airforce... reason being my major choice along with this bankrupt state is probably going to not help land me a job anytime soon.......

just wondering what are some good things about joining the airforce with a bachelors??... if it matters it will be on criminal justice... not sure what job i'll be interested if i decide to look into the airforce but just wan to hear some feedback, maybe jobs i should consider ....

hopefully you brahs can help me out, i dont like talking to recruiters, no offense , its just i had a bad experience with one in high school who i believe didn't really care to guide me
    What year are you? If you are a freshman or sophomore, you can still join ROTC and possibly get a scholarship. If not, apply for OTS through your local recruiter. Degree doesn't matter except for engineers, doctors, etc. You could apply for OSI though. If you have any questions about the officer side, feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by bombdigity View Post
    what kind of job would i be doing if i were to go in as an officer in a few years from now with a ba in mechanical engineering? what would the official airforce job title be? what would the work i do consist of (after basic and job training)? also, what are my chances of becoming an officer having an engineering degree and being already in good shape compared to some one who has like an english degree or something else redundant
    Originally Posted by deadfingers View Post
    I don't think having a specific degree really matters, although I think they favor "Science" type degrees more over something more generic. None the less they don't put you into a field based off your degree.
    deadfingers is correct. With a MechE degree, you'd be a perfect fit for a job at AFRL or if you wanted to, maintenance, though you can go into any career field that the Air Force has a need for. It's more than just fitness and your degree taken into account. It's also AFOQT score, personal character, etc. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll answer what I can.

Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
    Sup gais have a question.

Was considering trying be go in as an officer for a few years after graduating college, but I hear it is almost impossible to do this right now. Is this true? (BTW my gpa is like 3.66)
    It's not "almost impossible". It's harder than it has been in the past, but a good package for OTS or ROTC will be a good start. Talk to a recruiter about it, and like I offered the guys above, PM me with any questions you have. The worst they'll say is no, so you have nothing to lose by applying, and everything to gain.

Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    26 days left in tech school. Mississippi got old reeeaaallll fast.
    United States Air Force - Comm Jockey

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dopeshow16 View Post
    damn brah your job sounds awesome. What you think of it so far?

tellmemore.jpeg

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DavidJr74 View Post
    damn brah your job sounds awesome. What you think of it so far?

tellmemore.jpeg
    its not. we have the same job.

daily duties and overall responsibilities will vary depending on your base.

first base, i processed messages on mid shift. sat in an office for 10 hours a night and pressed F2 whenever the computer beeped. serious.

next base, i was a shift supervisor at a help desk. my shifts rotated so sometimes it would be busy as crap. other times i would post on bb.com for a whole shift.

at lakenheath, i was in charge of the whole base network. i was a busy mofo.

new job, i'm just a small fish in a big pond. i do odd jobs all comm related.

i've been an instructor, i've worked network security, exchange, servers, etc.

what he learned in tech school is just the very basics.... and he'll never really use it for his real job.

most of his information will be found on Google... serious

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    its not. we have the same job.

daily duties and overall responsibilities will vary depending on your base.

first base, i processed messages on mid shift. sat in an office for 10 hours a night and pressed F2 whenever the computer beeped. serious.

next base, i was a shift supervisor at a help desk. my shifts rotated so sometimes it would be busy as crap. other times i would post on bb.com for a whole shift.

at lakenheath, i was in charge of the whole base network. i was a busy mofo.

new job, i'm just a small fish in a big pond. i do odd jobs all comm related.

i've been an instructor, i've worked network security, exchange, servers, etc.

what he learned in tech school is just the very basics.... and he'll never really use it for his real job.

most of his information will be found on Google... serious
    ah...well that makes my job sound so much better lol.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DavidJr74 View Post
    ah...well that makes my job sound so much better lol.
    what's lame is while other career fields have TOs they can refer to, we have to refer to the internet for help because technology is always changing.

we're constantly re-doing the way we do things because microsoft or mcafee or norton or cisco or whoever changed something.

some of the reasons why i'm planning on retraining in a few years

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was there for 6 months. Yeah, Keesler is a crap shoot. Dorms are damn nice though I'll say that much, best dorms I've lived in since I've been in. I'd kill to be living in a dorm like that right now through training. The irony, I'm crosstraining yet I've lived in ****tier and ****tier dorms during this training than I did as a first termer.

what's lame is while other career fields have TOs they can refer to, we have to refer to the internet for help because technology is always changing.

we're constantly re-doing the way we do things because microsoft or mcafee or norton or cisco or whoever changed something.

What will you crosstrain into? On that note, I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Christ, I can't believe I've already been here 4 months. by the time I finish I'd be in training for over a year. Then I have ALS, fuuuu.

What will you crosstrain into? On that note, I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Christ, I can't believe I've already been here 4 months. by the time I finish I'd be in training for over a year. Then I have ALS, fuuuu.
    whatever is available.

how the f*ck have you still not attended ALS? do you have SSgt on right now? is there any chance of it being taken away?

whatever is available.

how the f*ck have you still not attended ALS? do you have SSgt on right now? is there any chance of it being taken away?
    I had a waiver, since February. I was at SERE during my pin on, then soon after I left for "flight school" in April. I don't see how they could take it away, yeah it's been a while but it's not like I've been ****ing around either. I've been in training off and on since September of last year. There wasn't 6 weeks free in between, it's always been a week or two in between. then the one time I had like 6 weeks free they had me scheduled to attend ALS 3 weeks prior to me leaving.

iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iTrek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Psssh.I've been here since march and I'm not leaving till Oct so quit your whining!

StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000) StyleN is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Your gonna laugh when you get back into ALS and get "re-blued" as my Instructor put it. Dood was a crew chief that re-trained into the MPF and was telling us stories about combat MPF personal who got deployed on convoy duty, none of us could relate to his "stories".

Finishing up my re-training here prior aircraft avionics spec now a 4N0 med tech.
    Strength and Honor,
    StyleN | Phatboi

My Tumblr: http://flstylen.tumblr.com/

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StyleN View Post
    Your gonna laugh when you get back into ALS and get "re-blued" as my Instructor put it. Dood was a crew chief that re-trained into the MPF and was telling us stories about combat MPF personal who got deployed on convoy duty, none of us could relate to his "stories".

Finishing up my re-training here prior aircraft avionics spec now a 4N0 med tech.
    Lots of pointy heads in here....

★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

My undergrad is in Information Systems. I don't plan on ever using it, and couldn't even if I wanted to at this point. I've been out of IT for 2 years and I'm already WAY behind in the tech world.

Back to the heavy weights ChrisW16's Avatar
    ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisW16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, here in Altus at the Holiday Inn. Altus seems like a very nice base. PT and Blues monday, getting this AF ball rolling...
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703653

wearing dat dere snuggie supreme snuggie's Avatar
    supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50) supreme snuggie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is it true that at the end of the war there's a possibility that many Air Forces Brahs will be discharged?

Originally Posted by StyleN View Post

F*ck that, I've never been "blued" and never will be. I hate that ****, I'll just play along till it's done. I'm not one of those douches that goes around quoting regs and correcting people. I know I'll probably rage plenty during ALS, I have a short fuse.

Originally Posted by supreme snuggie View Post
    is it true that at the end of the war there's a possibility that many Air Forces Brahs will be discharged?
    Yes, it's very much possible. Hell they were cutting back a year or two ago and even giving plenty of people early retirements.

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice brah, are you happy with the choice you made so far with getting out and going for the commision?

Welcome
    absolutly brah, i love security forces and i was good at it, but i will never regret this change.....it is a completely different machine and i feel i will have more opportunites to accel......but please advise, my only job right now is to get my education.....if my service obligation collides with my eduction, my ROTC obligation and education take precedince....i do attend training exercises and i am a platoon commander, but still have a lot to learn.....in three years i can give you a better answer to this question, but for right now, it remains absolutly.....

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    F*ck that, I've never been "blued" and never will be. I hate that ****, I'll just play along till it's done. I'm not one of those douches that goes around quoting regs and correcting people. I know I'll probably rage plenty during ALS, I have a short fuse.

Yes, it's very much possible. Hell they were cutting back a year or two ago and even giving plenty of people early retirements.
    Excuse me sir, but according to AFI 06790-23 that is out of regs.

pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitted12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone here go through ROTC at a university? If so I would love to ask about a thousand questions if you could pm me. Currently working towards that and before I go and talk to a officer I would like some questions answered. thanks!

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congress & the President determine the size of the active duty military. If they feel that cuts are warranted, then cuts will be made.

It's very unlikely that mass numbers will simply be "discharged". Normally, force decreases are made via simple attrition - recruit fewer people than are getting out each month/year, and the number eventually go down. Voluntary early-outs have been used in the past. But all that is pure guesswork, and years down the road if it happens at all.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pitted12 View Post
    Anyone here go through ROTC at a university? If so I would love to ask about a thousand questions if you could pm me. Currently working towards that and before I go and talk to a officer I would like some questions answered. thanks!
    Ask in public, so everyone can benefit from the answers - and so those with the knowledge aren't responding one-at-a-time to constant PMs from everyone else with the same questions.

Originally Posted by pitted12 View Post
    Replying to your PM now

Originally Posted by ChrisW16 View Post
    Well, here in Altus at the Holiday Inn. Altus seems like a very nice base. PT and Blues monday, getting this AF ball rolling...
    how was the drive? how long did it take you?

have you checked in with anyone yet?

lol wut?

hate to break it to you, but that's called being an NCO.

brb looking like a dumbass in uniform and doing a piss poor job at work because i'm too cool to give a sh*t

hate to break it to you, but that's called being an NCO.

brb looking like a dumbass in uniform and doing a piss poor job at work because i'm too cool to give a sh*t
    Yeah because being a good NCO means being a hardass right? I have more important things to worry about than quoting regs and correcting people. Being an NCO means being a role model to the younger Airmen, since when did "being blue" mean doing a piss poor job at work? Being a good NCO means I'll do my job to the best of my ability and worry about the real important stuff.

Yeah because being a good NCO means being a hardass right? I have more important things to worry about than quoting regs and correcting people. Being an NCO means being a role model to the younger Airmen, since when did "being blue" mean doing a piss poor job at work? Being a good NCO means I'll do my job to the best of my ability and worry about the real important stuff.
    So... You think that being a "good role model" is showing them that it's OK to ignore the rules & regs? Wanna guess what happens when they start deciding for themselves which rules & regs fall into the "OK to ignore" category. Maybe you'll be happy when they decide that your orders can also be ignored. After all, that's the example you set as their role model...

Once you make it clear that the line can be moved... you'll lose control over when, where, and how far they move it.