e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What do you do for your warm up and post workout stretches

So what do you do before and after your workout ? Also do any of use do any specific mobility workouts?

Me I just warm up with burpess then just do arm swing (and move them up down behind ect) shoulder rolls, shoulder dislocation leg swings hip twists (twist with your arms out in front and move up and down as your doing it) and thats about it.

I do my static stretches just before bed I do all these.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...1E7EB-hf.hydra

Ive read you should do dynamic stretches over static stretches,what do use think about this ?

oh and am asking here because I doubt more than 30% of the teen section stretch properly

Where do we go now....... erikjh's Avatar
    erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000)
    personaly i do not stretch, i do warm up sets for whatever body part im doing that day.

the exception is probably back where i will stretch out the lats before hitting the weights.

this is just a personal choice, whether it is wrong/right i dont know.

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Before my workout, I do a variety of stretching, foam rolling, and something to get my heart rate up a little. This all takes 5-10 minutes. After my workout, I go home.

e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) e45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sytennison View Post
    Before my workout, I do a variety of stretching, foam rolling, and something to get my heart rate up a little. This all takes 5-10 minutes. After my workout, I go home.
    DOnt you do anything else afterwards no ?

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by e45 View Post
    DOnt you do anything else afterwards no ?
    Sometimes I take a shower before going home. I'm already quite limber so I don't bother with stretching. My workouts tend to start with the heavy stuff and end with isolation/accessory exercises so I don't need a warm-down. Unless I've injured my posterior chain during the workout, I see no reason to do foam rolling afterward.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5 min. on the treadmill before lifting. Stretch after every working set.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My training:
    -prehab,
    -movement prep (dynamic stretches and mobility are built into these)
    -strength (right now I'm doing a modified WS4SB for old fcuks in this slot)
    -energy system development (metabolic stuff-cardio)
    -regeneration (foam rolling followed by static and A.I.S. stretches)

An example: http://www.coreperformance.com/knowl...ing-shape.html
    Last edited by tonester; 07-28-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    I do:
    -movement prep (dynamic stretches are built into these)
    -prehab,
    -strength (weights)
    -energy system development (metabolic stuff-cardio)
    -regeneration (static and A.I.S. stretches are part of this)

An example: http://www.coreperformance.com/knowl...ing-shape.html

Right now I'm doing a modified WS4SB in the strength slot.
    what sort of prehab stuff do you do ? main reason I do stretchs because I want to prevent injurys

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what sort of prehab stuff do you do ? main reason I do stretchs because I want to prevent injurys
    The link I posted above gives one example of what I do. There are video examples on that page as well.

Doing stretches before bed is fine but you really want to get some dynamic stretching done to prepare your body just before the intense work (bodybuilding, olympic lifting, power lifting, sprinting, whatever...), then something to help regenerate afterwards. This and a good progression plan will help you prevent injury.

http://www.coreperformance.com/injury-prevention/ here is some info on the subject.

Y.T.W.L's
    Reach, Roll Lift
    Scapular wall slides
    Planks (core stability stuff)
    Glute activation stuff (a lot of this seriously...it's important)
    Dead bugs
    Hip mobility stuff like hydrants or over/unders...

that's just a few of the prehab moves I use over the course of my schedule. Usually one shoulder, one hip and one core stability move per workout.

You could do a lot worse at your age then follow this type of structure. You might save yourself the disappointment of being sidelined for protracted periods with injuries. That really sucks.
    Last edited by tonester; 07-28-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

The link I posted above gives one example of what I do. There are video examples on that page as well.

Doing stretches before bed is fine but you really want to get some dynamic stretching done to prepare your body just before the intense work (bodybuilding, olympic lifting, power lifting, sprinting, whatever...), then something to help regenerate afterwards. This and a good progression plan will help you prevent injury.

http://www.coreperformance.com/injury-prevention/ here is some info on the subject.

Y.T.W.L's
    Reach, Roll Lift
    Scapular wall slides
    Planks (core stability stuff)
    Glute activation stuff (a lot of this seriously...it's important)
    Dead bugs
    Hip mobility stuff like hydrants or over/unders...

that's just a few of the prehab moves I use over the course of my schedule. Usually one shoulder, one hip and one core stability move per workout.

You could do a lot worse at your age then follow this type of structure. You might save yourself the disappointment of being sidelined for protracted periods with injuries. That really sucks.
    Well I have already had a few injurys bicep tendinitis,had a bad knot in my lower back and I have got patellofemoral syndrome that's why I want to do this stuff.

Now do you just do the above on the day before and on the day your going to work that muscle ?

Am already going to add in planks as part of my core routine. Y.T.W.L's just before benching and fire hydrants before leg day (no weighted squats for just yet).
    Is it worth adding these into every day I workout or jsut keep it to like twice a week ?

KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So what do you do before and after your workout ? Also do any of use do any specific mobility workouts?

Me I just warm up with burpess then just do arm swing (and move them up down behind ect) shoulder rolls, shoulder dislocation leg swings hip twists (twist with your arms out in front and move up and down as your doing it) and thats about it.

I do my static stretches just before bed I do all these.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...1E7EB-hf.hydra

Ive read you should do dynamic stretches over static stretches,what do use think about this ?

oh and am asking here because I doubt more than 30% of the teen section stretch properly
    I walk a mile before my workout.

Get all the stretching I need from that, doesn't tax my strength, keeps me limber, and helps me spot any trouble areas before I get weight on them.

I do cardio after my workout, after that - warm shower and light dinner.

If I wanted to stretch after my workout, like I should, I'd probably walk another mile.

Well I have already had a few injurys bicep tendinitis,had a bad knot in my lower back and I have got patellofemoral syndrome that's why I want to do this stuff.

Now do you just do the above on the day before and on the day your going to work that muscle ?

Am already going to add in planks as part of my core routine. Y.T.W.L's just before benching and fire hydrants before leg day (no weighted squats for just yet).
    Is it worth adding these into every day I workout or jsut keep it to like twice a week ?
    Prehab and movement prep can be done anytime. They are much more useful before your workout. The point is to activate and prepare the main joints and their attached muscles for action. Especially the ones that stabilize your spine!!! Also the stretching is built into the prep portion of the warmup. It's dynamic not static. Do static stretching after your workout.

Study the stuff that I linked above from CorePerformance, or better yet gleen what you can from that site. You can place any weight workout in the strength portion of those samples that are linked. In other words, your goal could be bodybuilding, powerlifting, sprinting or whatever.

I highly recommend that you study this stuff and I don't necessarily mean the stuff that I've linked (although it's about as good as it gets). Study the huge amount of info on injury proofing your body for more scheduling ideas if the ones I listed above aren't for you.

(by the way CorePerformance is run by the same people at http://www.athletesperformance.com They do this for some of the top elite athletes in the world - football, baseball, soccer etc. I figure if they want this stuff to protect themselves, so do I. That is the point of Core Performance, to bring performance enhancement to us regular joe's.)
    Last edited by tonester; 07-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing
    Resident smart arse and grammar fool....instagram: heartandfitness

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

You will. You're just a few short years away from needing this stuff
    Last edited by tonester; 07-29-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will. You're just a few short years away from needing this stuff
    I do plenty of stretches and yoga poses just not before or after workout. At night usally before bed.

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I walk from my car to the gym. Sometimes I'll stretch between sets but usually I'll just stand around cutting farts and waving them towards the cardio area.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    I walk from my car to the gym. Sometimes I'll stretch between sets but usually I'll just stand around cutting farts and waving them towards the cardio area.
    lmao a man after my own heart...too much fiber and protein

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    lmao a man after my own heart...too much fiber and protein
    On the contrary, just enough.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post

At's another advantage about home gyms (and living with dogs) you can stretch and fart in the gym.......sometimes it's not smart though..

tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stretch every morning ( training or not ) for 10 min. as so as I get out of bed..

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hit the rowing machine for 5 minutes before w/o, gets everything warm and blood flowing. Stretch routine for 5 minutes after w/o, can't prove it but I feel like this cuts down on soreness and fends off injuries.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Too lazy to stretch...
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    At's another advantage about home gyms (and living with dogs) you can stretch and fart in the gym.......sometimes it's not smart though..
    No squat session is complete without the finishing fart...

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    No squat session is complete without the finishing fart...
    Finishing fart?

I think it's safe to say you don't want to be on my squat platform at any time during my session.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Prior to your workout you should stick with only dynamic stretching (not static) and save the static stretching for after your workout. See, The effect of warm-up, static stretching and dynamic stretching on hamstring flexibility in previously injured subjects, Kieran O'Sullivan, et. al, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2009, 10:37doi:10.1186/1471-2474-10-37 Study available online for free at:
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/10/37

This study examined the short-term effects of warm-up, static stretching and dynamic stretching on hamstring flexibility. The study found that:
    1. an active aerobic warm-up significantly increased hamstring flexibility.
    2. After warming-up (in this case a jogging for 5 minutes at a pace where “a little breathlessness” was experienced), static stretching further increased flexibility while dynamic stretching decreased flexibility.
    The study found that increases in flexibility reduced after 15 minutes rest, but flexibility remained significantly greater than at baseline.

In this case a static stretch

was stretching a muscle and holding the stretch for 30 seconds, and then repeating that 3 times. The dynamic stretch

was stretch basically repeated joint (hip flexion/extension) swinging movements, also performed for 30 seconds and repeated 3 times. Figures #3 and #4 in the link above demonstrate these stretches.

scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottkeen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pre: 15 mins of cardio

Post: about 30 mins of "Everyday Stretches", about 30 stretches

Page 1:

These are great stretches, they were given to me by my chiropractor.

I was told by the nutritionist/bodybuilder at the gym that you really should stretch AFTER every workout "to stretch out the muscle belly, so that it has room to grow" (or something like this). She explained that there is a like a sheath around the muscle, and if it doesn't get stetched out, it constricts the muscle from growing. Constricting muscle growth? No thanks! I'm sold on stretcing!

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Finishing fart?

I think it's safe to say you don't want to be on my squat platform at any time during my session.
    I'll remember that ... just in case