BellaDaniella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BellaDaniella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Foods to Eat on Ketosis?

Hi Everyone, I was wondering what kind of foods I should be eating on a Ketosis diet? I've done some research and some things I've come up with I questioned, such as hot dogs?!

I know my options are limited without having any carbs. So far, I'm eating mostly eggs, cheese, chicken, steak, and green veggies. But that can get old really fast. Is there any more options or do I just need to suck it up and eat the repetitive foods?

I was hoping that someone has done a ketosis diet before and had some more options for me. Or has a Ketosis diet that they follow, that they could provide me with.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BellaDaniella View Post
    Hi Everyone, I was wondering what kind of foods I should be eating on a Ketosis diet? I've done some research and some things I've come up with I questioned, such as hot dogs?!

I know my options are limited without having any carbs. So far, I'm eating mostly eggs, cheese, chicken, steak, and green veggies. But that can get old really fast. Is there any more options or do I just need to suck it up and eat the repetitive foods?

I was hoping that someone has done a ketosis diet before and had some more options for me. Or has a Ketosis diet that they follow, that they could provide me with.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Did you see the Keto section yet? Here's a link, its in the general Nutrition board.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisacupcake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

When I was carb depleting, I was eating mad amounts of low fat cheeses, cottage cheese, fish, chicken, all natural deli meats [was quick to grab a couple slices on the go], turkey jerky, tuna. I really did not feel comfortable stuffing my face with like, cream cheese and super fatty foods even though they were low carb. I know when you cut carbs you need to up your fats, but for me personally, it was somthing I didn't feel comfortable with.

Not gonna lie, when I was carb depleting, I was in the worst moods, I had low-energy, and was a royal B.

I am still recovering mentally from my keto cycle for the simple fact it really messed wiht my head about eating carbs. I still struggle to get enough carbs in my system, I am currently eating around 80 carbs per day WITH ALL green veggies and what not included. My NET carb intake minus fiber is around 40 to 50 g.

Hollaback
    LisaCupcakes

Registered User SoutherNtellect's Avatar
    SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lisacupcake View Post
    When I was carb depleting, I was eating mad amounts of low fat cheeses, cottage cheese, fish, chicken, all natural deli meats [was quick to grab a couple slices on the go], turkey jerky, tuna. I really did not feel comfortable stuffing my face with like, cream cheese and super fatty foods even though they were low carb. I know when you cut carbs you need to up your fats, but for me personally, it was somthing I didn't feel comfortable with.

Not gonna lie, when I was carb depleting, I was in the worst moods, I had low-energy, and was a royal B.

I am still recovering mentally from my keto cycle for the simple fact it really messed wiht my head about eating carbs. I still struggle to get enough carbs in my system, I am currently eating around 80 carbs per day WITH ALL green veggies and what not included. My NET carb intake minus fiber is around 40 to 50 g.

Hollaback
    You would have felt tons better if you had provided your body with an energy source by taking in the proper amount of fats

To the op,
    Check out the link you were given. People have come up with great recipes for keto. My fav are keto pancakes. Mmm

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lisacupcake View Post

Hollaback
    ^
    LOW carb + LOW fat = not 'keto'. Traditional keto diets get about 60% of their energy intakes from fat.

You simply went on a 'all protein' diet. Which is usually a bad idea for any extended period of time. And from the sound of it there are / where 'food' issues (disordered thinking) driving the whole thing... <<< be VERY careful about allowing it to continue - many people start thinking this way, then spiral in tighter and tighter circles until they truly become dysfunctional.