Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000)

You ask, I give advice (serious)

about college, law school, business school, girls, whatever.

Ask any questions about whatever and I will give serious advice.

670nm Wavelength of Doom Havoc3's Avatar
    Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Havoc3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How can i **** a 9?

Please assume im dirt poor, ugly as ****, slightly overweight, smell bad, am dumb as a retarded sloth, and cant keep a conversation running for more than 3 minutes.

I would like the sexual encounter to be consensual, and the female participating must be semi-conscious

GOGOGOGO
    Slow but Steady Progress: Current/Goal ( 1RM)/Goal Date (Adjusted for holes in weights)
    Bench: 200/205 15 May
    Squat: 185/200 30 May
    Dead: 200/225 30 May

Apr. 20

Mod negged X4 lol wut
    New Jersey Crew
    GT: Aricochet63---> MW2 brahs add me

kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamasan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Out of all of those categories, which is the best thing to pursue at age 18? (srs) b/c i'm in college right now and debating how I should prioritize.

panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) panther1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    do the ladies really love the smiley faces?

BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000) BigDutchman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Havoc3 View Post
    How can i **** a 9?

Please assume im dirt poor, ugly as ****, slightly overweight, smell bad, am dumb as a retarded sloth, and cant keep a conversation running for more than 3 minutes.

I would like the sexual encounter to be consensual, and the female participating must be semi-conscious

GOGOGOGO
    Hmm, this is a challenging goal for someone in your position but it's not impossible. Most of the factors you listed can be overcome if you have enough money but dirt poot status makes it quite difficult.

Altering one's physical fitness/appearance is often much easier than increasing wealth so let's start there. The confidence you gain from looking better will help translate into financial success later, but that's getting ahead of ourselves.

First, clean up your diet and workout seriously. You'll drop pounds, add muscle, and will start feeling better about yourself almost immediately. Next, it's time to invest in making yourself look better. Girls do this all the time with makeup and clothes. You can do the same with grooming products and clothes. Invest in a couple decent pairs of fitted jeans, t-shirts, button-down collared shirts, and nice shoes (not athletic shoes). Since you don't have much cash, you'll probably have to do some digging at Marshall's or Ross.

The smell factor is easy to conquer. Shower at least once a day (and always immediately after exercising) and use a pleasant-smelling body wash and shampoo. I like Crew products, but they are a little pricey so you should stick to the basics like Head & Shoulders and Axe soap.

As for your smarts, there isn't much you can do to make yourself naturally smarter, but you can build your knowledge base. Start reading publications like "The Economist" and the The Wall Street Journal. If those don't keep your interest, start on something a bit easier like NewsWeek.

Conversations with girls are really easy if you just ask a lot of questions and appear interested in what she says. You can interject your own thoughts on occasion but for the most part all you have to do is ask and listen.

Good luck man.

Originally Posted by kamasan2 View Post
    Out of all of those categories, which is the best thing to pursue at age 18? (srs) b/c i'm in college right now and debating how I should prioritize.
    Pretty simple, really.

Make sure you are studying hard enough to pull a solid GPA. Exercise at least a few times a week to keep your stress levels and body fat down. Party when you can but don't overdo it. Girls will fall into place naturally if you are at all social and keep your mind and body in shape.

As for grad school, you're only 18 so I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Just do well in your courses and start researching what is required for admissions into different programs.

Bump.

Registered User thelastpolarbear's Avatar
    thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what do you think of people who kill themselves?

if you had depression would you seek therapy?
    I don't really care how much I lift, just how much I can look like I lift. u mad?

_eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do you set and achieve your goals?

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what is the meaning of life ?
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man

Steroids- a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated

Originally Posted by 670Represent View Post
    what do you think of people who kill themselves?

if you had depression would you seek therapy?
    I personally think suicide is the most selfish act anyone can commit. However, serious depression is very powerful and I can understand why some people feel killing themselves is the only option.

Yes, I would seek therapy. I became really depressed after college for a few months and went to a psychologist a few times. No meds, but speaking to a therapist helped me a lot.

Originally Posted by _eLemenT_ View Post
    How do you set and achieve your goals?
    I determine my ultimate goal in a certain area of my life. For example, for my career, my ultimate goal is to establish my own firm. Then, I set smaller goals that will help me get to that ultimate goal. Then, I set mini-goals within each smaller goal.

Breaking it down makes it much more manageable and seems a lot less daunting.

Originally Posted by blacksmith77 View Post
    what is the meaning of life ?
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Registered User thelastpolarbear's Avatar
    thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000) thelastpolarbear is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BigDutchman View Post
    I personally think suicide is the most selfish act anyone can commit. However, serious depression is very powerful and I can understand why some people feel killing themselves is the only option.

Yes, I would seek therapy. I became really depressed after college for a few months and went to a psychologist a few times. No meds, but speaking to a therapist helped me a lot.
    How much did you have to pay for the therapist?
    I don't really care how much I lift, just how much I can look like I lift. u mad?

JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How can one overcome social anxiety, timidness??

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Genghis Khan FTW

This man knows what he's talking about

Subbed!

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I determine my ultimate goal in a certain area of my life. For example, for my career, my ultimate goal is to establish my own firm. Then, I set smaller goals that will help me get to that ultimate goal. Then, I set mini-goals within each smaller goal.

Breaking it down makes it much more manageable and seems a lot less daunting.

lol at last bit

"Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    watching too much conan brah?
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man

Steroids- a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated

Originally Posted by 670Represent View Post
    How much did you have to pay for the therapist?
    It was through the student health center so I had already paid for it through my tuition. Private therapists can be pretty expensive but most health insurance will cover it if it is "preventative."

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo View Post
    How can one overcome social anxiety, timidness??
    There are a lot of ways but the root problem stems from a general lack of confidence or inadequate socialization. Also, drugs and alcohol can exacerbate (not help) anti-social tendencies in the long run.

Some people can overcome social anxiety naturally by improving their self-image. For many, this means getting in better shape, losing weight, gaining muscle, or whatever. For others, it can be getting away from negative forces in your life (loser friends, family members who put you down, etc.).

There are also people who have genuine medical conditions that make them anxious in social situations. There are meds and therapy that can help.

It really depends on your personal situation, but addressing the problem naturally is always the best option, if available.

jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    would you rather get a masters in finance or masters in economics

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What is the next big thing? in science & computers etc? What should I be studying if I am in computer field?

If I wanna transfer from a comm college to a Top 5 engineering school, what advice would you give me? besides to keep an immaculate GPA?

BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BallerStatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How can I make my anus wider?

Originally Posted by jacketfan View Post
    would you rather get a masters in finance or masters in economics
    What do you want to do with it? I think a masters in finance would be more practical but it depends on what interests you.

Originally Posted by againstall0dds View Post
    What is the next big thing? in science & computers etc? What should I be studying if I am in computer field?

If I wanna transfer from a comm college to a Top 5 engineering school, what advice would you give me? besides to keep an immaculate GPA?
    This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_search
    and this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triz

Networking. Subscribe to some industry publications and figure out who are the big players in the relevant fields at the universities you're interested in. Look up their research and figure out what's hot in research right now. Attend a conference and get business cards. It's going to be tough and maybe a but awkward but you'll need to make some inside contacts.

Originally Posted by BallerStatus View Post
    How can I make my anus wider?
    Borrow some genetics from your nose.

Final bump or /thread

_eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000) _eLemenT_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's the best way to become financially secure?

What's the best way to become financially secure?
    Start investing when you're young and do it consistently. Always maintain a long-term investment perspective (at least until you are getting closer to retirement age) and realize short-term losses are all part of an economic cycle.

Bear plenty of risk while you're young because you have enough time to ride out the lean times. And keep investing even when the market is sh*t (e.g. like right now).

Allocate a percentage of your paycheck each pay period to invest.

Once you've been investing for 20 years, you'll have a nice cushion upon which to take on different ventures if you choose to do so.

Or, I've also heard inheritance is a pretty sweet deal.

How do you overcome a fear?

mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is your main specialization in law? What was your undergrad degree?

Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Considine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Girl broke up with her ex, now constantly texts me and wants me to hang out/ go to her party (where her ex will be)..

Will I be able to have sex with her?

lulz im gettin revenge tang
    GT: Conzidine
    PSN: Conzidine

How do you overcome a fear?
    What's up with the really broad, tough questions?

IMO, the best way to conquer a fear is to face it head on. Our imaginations almost always exaggerate our fears beyond what reality could ever possibly entail. I equate fear with the unknown. The more experience you acquire, the more knowledge you'll have. Sometimes this means throwing yourself into uncomfortable situations or attempting something that is more difficult than you are comfortable handling.

No more cliche questions, please.

Originally Posted by mchomertime View Post
    What is your main specialization in law? What was your undergrad degree?
    God, why does everyone ask what my undergrad degree was? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU STUDY IN UNDERGRAD. IF YOU GO TO LAW SCHOOL, YOU ARE ON AN EQUAL PLANE WITH EVERYONE ELSE (w/ the exception of engineers or scientists who become patent prosecution attorneys). So, if you're thinking about going to law school, major in whatever you'll get the best GPA in. If that happens to be in film, great! Whatever. It doesn't matter. If you're still curious, I studied computer science and econ.

Currently, I'm working in securities and real estate transactional law, but I may transition to commercial litigation soon.
    Last edited by BigDutchman; 08-11-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ochosiete has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have a gf, i care about her alot, but i met another girl who is really cool and i feel i have a good connection with her ... but i dont want to leave my gf... what do i do?

Originally Posted by PosterBoyz28 View Post
    i have a gf, i care about her alot, but i met another girl who is really cool and i feel i have a good connection with her ... but i dont want to leave my gf... what do i do?
    Don't cheat. Cheating is for lowlife *******s w/o balls. If you really, really have an interest in this other girl and you want to play the field (which I highly recommend you do), then break up with your gf and go after it. Don't mislead her, just break up like a man and go chase some different tail.

In the alternative, if your gf is really special and you're simply being a guy and looking at what else if out there, get over it and get your eyes back on your gf.

All or nothing, chief.