Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)

Just another pregnant bodybuilder...

Well, I finally decided to start a log. I am a little over 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby, due on Christmas! I want to keep a log to keep me on track and keep me accountable. I hope I can continue it afterwards too when I'm trying to get back into shape, but I have no idea what it will be like having a baby.

The first 12 weeks were pretty miserable. I think I went to the gym three times, and they were not very productive sessions. I had no energy at all and was lifting maybe half my normal weight. I felt like crap in general. I was nauseous all the time and I ate like crap too because I couldn't stomach healthy options. I was completely humbled by the experience. I always swore that I wouldn't change my eating or exercise habbits just because I was pregnant, but when it became a reality that plan went to hell. The only thing that made me feel better was eating large portions of mac n' cheese, pizza, grilled cheese, ramen noodles or ice cream.

The second trimester has been wonderful. No more nausea or food aversions, and I'm back in the gym. I'm actually starting to feel pretty strong again.

My workout plan right now is a push/pull split, performed twice a week. Some weeks I only make it to the gym 3 times instead of 4, but I've been doing pretty good overall for the past month or so. I've been getting slightly stronger, but I'm not quite where I was pre-pregnancy. Once I get back to a good level strength wise, then I'll try to maintain it for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm not doing any power lifting, so I'm sticking to the 8-12 range, sometimes higher for legs because I just don't have the energy to properly work my quads. Or maybe I'm just using pregnancy as an excuse to avoid the exercises that I don't like. I'll post today's workout when I get home.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes!! I loved second trimester too. Those last 2 months are very uncomfy though.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely in. Can't wait to follow your journal.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in too, I'm glad to see you've started a journal! I can so relate to what you've written, the first trimester is kicking my butt and I haven't had the energy to do anything and my eating habits are totally different/much less healthy thanks to aversions. When I was pregnant with Heidi, the pregnancy was smooth sailing after the first trimester. Even the last month of the pregnancy was not nearly as bad as the first few months.

So glad you're past the first trimester and feeling much better now! Oh, and how exciting that your due date is on Christmas!
    Last edited by heidismommy; 07-27-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks everyone who has stopped by I'm also very happy to have some women who have gone through it or are going through it right now reading along.

Today's workout was pretty good. It was a pull day:
    lat pull down (wide grip): 80x11, 90x6
    lat pull down (underhand): 80x11, 90x9
    RDL's: 135x12, 135x10, 145x7
    DB row: 35x12, 40x10
    straight arm push down: 25x14, 30x9
    EZ bar curl: 40x12, 40x11
    external rotations: 5x17, 5x15
    stomach vacuums: 30 sec. x 3

I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery back in November. My shoulder feels pretty good, but I got pregnant before getting back into good shape. It hasn't been my best year in terms of body composition or strength.

My diet goal is to slow down my weight gain. I packed on a LOT of fat during the 12 week carb binge. There's no medical reason to gain any weight during the first trimester, and I gained about 10 pounds. Yikes. I'm not even showing yet really, yet I can't wear most of my clothes because I can't squeeze my fat ass into them. I'm really not happy about it but what's done is done. The last two days I started counting calories because I want to get this under control. I set my calorie level at 2000-2200. I know you're not supposed to "diet" when you're pregnant, but I'm pretty sure a slight deficit will be fine, especially since I put on so much weight in the first trimester. My OB tells her patients to keep their weight gain to 20 lbs total. That seems a bit extreme to me, since I've always read 30-35. I think she's just trying to be conservative so that her patients don't overeat. Still, I'm afraid she's going to yell at me. She said I should gain about 2 pounds between each monthly appointment. My last appointment I was 163. This morning I was 167, and I still havve two more weeks before my next appointment. Oops. I *think* I'm holding some water because I ate a lot of sodium filled foods over the weekend. It'll be interesting to see where my weight is in the next few days now that I've started counting calories again and cut out some of the junk.

Here's my typical diet during the week:

Breakfast: oatmeal, vanilla protein, coffee with milk
    Lunch: salad with romaine, cucumber, flax seeds, grilled chicken, hard boiled egg, chick peas and Paul Neuman's Low Fat Honey Mustard
    Snack: psyllium husk, protein powder, cottage cheese
    Dinner: tofu stir fry with mixed veggies, rice or couscous
    Dessert: decaf latte or skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Today’s total*: 1952 kcal, 65g fat, 175g protein, 168g carb

*this is assuming that I don't eat the huge cookie that my husband left on the coffee table

Ok, last post for today. Here are my "progress" pics

14 weeks:

16 weeks:

18 weeks:

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're looking awesome! Regarding weight gain - I started out at 125ish, and gave birth at 168 lbs. So a 43 lb gain. However, I was carrying a ton of water weight, my legs and ankles had swollen huge - I went from a narrow width shoe to wide! So I lost a ton in the first 2 weeks post-partum due do water loss. I think a 20 lb gain is rather low, sounds like a typical number for someone who is overweight to be given.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IN!

And 18 weeks?! -> sheesh, you are almost half way!!

ps: how did the cookie go?

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi,
    Good luck with the upcoming baby....
    Mine bouced out a little early... but had no problems and I'm convinced it was because of my fitness levels during the pregnancy...
    Like you I think I put all my weight on at the beginning and then so little later... only 13lbs in total.... but the little #$@#$ totally devastated the muscles... they're coming back now though... LOL
    All the best... I'm keeping watching here...
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...

DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    You're looking awesome! Regarding weight gain - I started out at 125ish, and gave birth at 168 lbs. So a 43 lb gain. However, I was carrying a ton of water weight, my legs and ankles had swollen huge - I went from a narrow width shoe to wide! So I lost a ton in the first 2 weeks post-partum due do water loss. I think a 20 lb gain is rather low, sounds like a typical number for someone who is overweight to be given.
    Did a lot of that water weight happen in the last few weeks? I've heard some stories about that. You look great now! I hope I can shed the weight as quickly as you.

I was thinking the same thing when my OB told me 20 lbs. Maybe she thinks I'm overweight. I'm 5'8" and I was about 155ish at my first appointment. I think that falls within the normal range on the BMI chart, but certainly not the low end of normal.

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    IN!

And 18 weeks?! -> sheesh, you are almost half way!!

ps: how did the cookie go?
    Scary! Only 22 weeks until my life changes dramatically.

I am happy to say that I avoided the cookie, probably because I fell asleep at 9:00 before I had a chance to eat it. Pregnancy has some advantages.

Originally Posted by smdiskin View Post
    Hi,
    Good luck with the upcoming baby....
    Mine bouced out a little early... but had no problems and I'm convinced it was because of my fitness levels during the pregnancy...
    Like you I think I put all my weight on at the beginning and then so little later... only 13lbs in total.... but the little #$@#$ totally devastated the muscles... they're coming back now though... LOL
    All the best... I'm keeping watching here...
    13lbs total, with most at the beginning? That gives me some hope, although I'd gladly gain another 10 if I don't have to deliver as early as you did. That must've been scary. I always enjoy reading your posts about pregnancy. I love that you kept deadlifting.

I've been getting mixed reviews about which trimester is the worst. A lot of people have said that the third is terrible, but others have told me that when you're in good shape, it's not so bad. If that's the case, then I'll really be able to enjoy the next 5 months. I did NOT enjoy the first trimester at all.

medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In the first month and a half I lost 15 lb. Then started pounding it on at that point. I gained 55 lb total. I was pushed to put on the weight, dispite being heavy to start with. With twins I was told they want the bulk of the gain by the end of the 2nd trimester. I began lossing again in the third. Upside.... its been 2 months and I just have the last 5 magical pounds to deal with (it appears and disappears)

Congrats, you look great. I wish you all the best.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You look great! I'm kind of surprised your doctor likes for her patients to not gain more than 20 lbs when generally 25-35 is totally acceptable. If you're going to breastfeed especially, a lot of that weight will melt away after you give birth.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Yeah, most of the water gain was in the last month or two. My third trimester was definitely worse because of the baby being low and feeling like I had to pee every 5 minutes (even if I just went), combined with the massive water retention and having to have my feet up most of the day. I wasn't very fit though, maybe it will make a difference for you!
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Decent push workout this morning. Not the most energetic one, but at least I finished it.

DB incline: 30x12, 35x8, 35x7
    leg press (lever machine): 160x20, 180x14, 180x12
    DB press: 20x12, 25x7, 25x7
    DB Y-raises: 8x12, 8x12, 8x12
    DB T-raises: 5x15, 5x15, 5x15
    calf raises (on leg press): 160x20, 180x14, 180x12
    leg extension: 80x12, 80x12
    push ups on bosu ball platform: 10, 8

I need some oatmeal.

Day 3 of my "diet" is done. Compliance has been pretty easy. I think 2000 kcal will be a good level for me for a while. I may need to increase it a bit if I start getting too hungry. So far I'm managing but I've had to stop myself from eating too much at night. Weekends are always my downfall too, so I'll need to watch it.

Macros for the day: 1966 kcal, 45g f, 183g p, 206g c

I'm thinking I could probably use a little more fat than that. Not sure if dietary fat needs are greater during pregnancy. I know fat plays a big role in hormone production though. Anyone know what my minimum should be?

Tomorrow is a rest day. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Tiffany_P; 07-28-2010 at 08:55 PM.

MsTropix♥ƸӜƷ♥MsTropix TheAutumnLeaf's Avatar
    TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Totally SUBBED

Tiffany_P, its going to be a pleasure to follow your pregnancy maintenance with you! I dont think I have ever ran into a pregnant woman on bb before. So this is cool. Im excited!
    ♥BB member since 2008

♥ TheAutumnLeaf CHRONICLES©
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=567612001#post567612001

♥ƸӜƷ♥ Blessed are those who can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.

♥ ADDICTED TO REPPING YOU

I have watched CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, Lie to Me, Criminal Minds, Unusual Suspects and Silence of the Lambs. I can kill you 18 ways with a paper clip and not leave forensic evidence!

Originally Posted by TheAutumnLeaf View Post
    Tiffany_P, its going to be a pleasure to follow your pregnancy maintenance with you! I dont think I have ever ran into a pregnant woman on bb before. So this is cool. Im excited!
    Thanks for following along! There are a bunch of us preggers on here right now. Check out heidismommy and RebeccaG's logs. There's also a couple logs on here of girls who are getting back into shape following a pregnancy (Terracotta, girl22, Paichka, etc.).

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Day 3 of my "diet" is done. Compliance has been pretty easy. I think 2000 kcal will be a good level for me for a while. I may need to increase it a bit if I start getting too hungry. So far I'm managing but I've had to stop myself from eating too much at night. Weekends are always my downfall too, so I'll need to watch it.

Macros for the day: 1966 kcal, 45g f, 183g p, 206g c

I'm thinking I could probably use a little more fat than that. Not sure if dietary fat needs are greater during pregnancy. I know fat plays a big role in hormone production though. Anyone know what my minimum should be?

Tomorrow is a rest day. Looking forward to it!
    Hey, just thought I'd join along in your journal Looks very interesting!
    Regarding dietary fats, do you think you should ask a pregnancy specialist doctor? I'm sure they would know
    Do you still lift?
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

I would increase your fats a little. Make sure you are also getting adequate omega 3's. I'd bump fats to around 60g, probably at the expense of protein since you don't need that much protein.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I would increase your fats a little. Make sure you are also getting adequate omega 3's. I'd bump fats to around 60g, probably at the expense of protein since you don't need that much protein.
    Thanks. I usually get about 60 g of fat but yesterday I was a bit low since I didn't have any cottage cheese or eggs. I'll have to plan a little better to make sure I get enough. I do take two of the super fish oil capsules every day too.

Originally Posted by punxnotdead309 View Post
    Do you still lift?
    Uh, scroll up

I was really hungry tonight, despite not working out today. I ended up going over my calorie intake by about 200 kcal. I'm not concerned though. Even at 2200 I think I have a pretty decent deficit going. Looking back, I must've been eating about 3500 kcal/day early in my pregnancy. Yikes. It's amazing how much more I eat (and how much more careless I am with snacks and food choices) when I'm not counting calories. You'd think after 8 years of doing this I would've realized that ALL calories count, even when I'm not writing them down... this is why I slowly get thick whenever I'm not actively dieting. I've never been able to just maintain my weight with intuitive eating or anything like that.

So far, so good with this nutrition plan. Other than a little hunger today, the only issue I've had (TMI warning...) is that I've been a bit backed up. I am taking Metamucil every day, eating tons of fiber, and eating a TBSP of flax seeds every day in my salad, which usually does the trick for me. However, I haven't had a satisfying BM since Sunday. I started taking a stool softener yesterday and I'll take another one today. Fingers crossed for some relief tomorrow! Ugh. Unfortunately this is one of the lovely side effects of pregnancy.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbed. I hope you'll feel better soon. Sorry about your issues.
    And congrats on your pregnancy!

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    13lbs total, with most at the beginning? That gives me some hope, although I'd gladly gain another 10 if I don't have to deliver as early as you did. That must've been scary. I always enjoy reading your posts about pregnancy. I love that you kept deadlifting.

I've been getting mixed reviews about which trimester is the worst. A lot of people have said that the third is terrible, but others have told me that when you're in good shape, it's not so bad. If that's the case, then I'll really be able to enjoy the next 5 months. I did NOT enjoy the first trimester at all.
    I think every pregnancy is different... I sailed through 1st trimester... you'd never have known I was pregnant the way I felt... just got really big boobs... and I looked glowing...
    Second trimester was different... serious headaches and all day nausea which continued into the 3rd trimester...

It was scary having a preemie here as this part of the world does not have the greatest medical facilities but luckily he needed no support and has now more than caught up... My early delivery had nothing to do with my exercise regime... I knwo some people will use it as an example to say I shouldn't have exercised but... from teh time we knew the cervix was thinning I really just was going to the gym for the company... did sweet FA there... but it was too late for the stitch or anything... and fromt eh moment I was told strict bed rest (they are over conservative here due to lack of facilities) I did as I was told as sat on my backside for 8 weeks... which was not fun... strangely that was the time I had no weight gain at all... I ate the same as before and got a bit chubby but I never gained weight... though apparently baby did and he was big for 32 weeks... they even asked if I got my dates wrong when he came... he was 47cm long so nearlyt he length of a term baby and 1.8kg (~4lbs) so scrawny as they come... he had no bum... not even a crease he was that thin... but already strong and ready to take on the world ...

Eating wise I kept the protein up and made sure I was having lots of fruit and veg... I even ate lots of dairy, which I hate... and lots of fats from nuts and avos etc... with what I was eating I should have been the size of a house...

But... keep lifting... and listen to your body... you will know when to ease off...
    And yes there will probably be all sorts of comments from other gym users/PTs etc when you start to show... I just told them that my doctor was fully aware and that I had done alot of background reading on the matter so baby was fine...

Good luck...
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...

DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

MsTropix♥ƸӜƷ♥MsTropix TheAutumnLeaf's Avatar
    TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAutumnLeaf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for following along! There are a bunch of us preggers on here right now. Check out heidismommy and RebeccaG's logs. There's also a couple logs on here of girls who are getting back into shape following a pregnancy (Terracotta, girl22, Paichka, etc.).
    Thanks!

I remember whan I was about 14 I was cruisin the mall and I came up on these women, maybe a group of 8, on a platform, BIG as could be with pregnant bellies. They were playin 80's music and doing aerobics. I was young so I didnt understand why they would do that. I thought it had to be dangerous for the babies, lol. Later I learned, when I was prego, that its ok to keep it up if you are already use to it.

You Go Girl!

♥BB member since 2008

♥ TheAutumnLeaf CHRONICLES©
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=567612001#post567612001

♥ƸӜƷ♥ Blessed are those who can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.

♥ ADDICTED TO REPPING YOU

I have watched CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, Lie to Me, Criminal Minds, Unusual Suspects and Silence of the Lambs. I can kill you 18 ways with a paper clip and not leave forensic evidence!

Do you eat sweet potatoes? Sweet potatoes with the skin always work if I'm having trouble staying regular, they work as good as a stool softener for me (I ate a lot of these post-partum for this reason).
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Good morning ladies. It's is beautiful outside today. The humidity is finally gone. It made my walk to work this morning sooo much nicer. It also made it more difficult to actually go to work though, since I work so close to central park and really wanted to keep walking.

Still no relief this morning, and my weight was back up to 168. Grrr. Oh well. I'm not concerned since I've been eating right this week.

I did have a pretty decent pull workout this morning though. I bought some Versagripps after hearing all the raves on this message board. I'm not sure I've quite got the hang of them yet, but I like them a lot for certain exercises. For RDL's and bent over rows, I really feel like they take the grip strength out of it. I can really focus on the muscles I'm trying to work. I wish I had bought the longer ones and a smaller size though. I think they are a bit too big on my wrists. They sometimes hurt my wrists too, so I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly.

Julia - thanks and thanks for following my journal.

smidiskin - bedrest sounds like no fun, and it must've been scary to have a premie. Glad to here he's a happy healthy baby now. It'll be interesting to see what comments I get at the gym when I start showing. I work out in an apartment gym, so there are very few people there. Usually there's only two or three other people in there in the morning. There's a couple trainers who come in with clients sometimes, so they're probably the only ones who would say anything.

Well, have a good weekend everyone! I'm going to try to stick to my 2000 kcal diet. Usually weekends derail me, so this will take a lot of planning. I've got a bachelorette party to go to on Saturday and a brunch shower on Sunday, so it won't be easy.