InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10) InASenseLost is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dips help please!!!!!!

I think I'm one of the only people in the world that doesn't feel like dips give me much of a workout in my triceps. I've tried every variation that I know of, bench dips, weighted bench dips, different hand widths etc. Full body dips, machine dips, and NONE of them do much but hurt my shoulders.

Keep in mind that I try to go to parallel on every rep, and try to keep the best form possible, but my shoulders wear out long before my triceps ever burn. And my chest too on full body dips. It burns pretty good by the end of a set of 10 or so of those.

What could be causing this? Does anyone else have problems like this?

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by InASenseLost View Post
    I think I'm one of the only people in the world that doesn't feel like dips give me much of a workout in my triceps. I've tried every variation that I know of, bench dips, weighted bench dips, different hand widths etc. Full body dips, machine dips, and NONE of them do much but hurt my shoulders.

Keep in mind that I try to go to parallel on every rep, and try to keep the best form possible, but my shoulders wear out long before my triceps ever burn. And my chest too on full body dips. It burns pretty good by the end of a set of 10 or so of those.

What could be causing this? Does anyone else have problems like this?
    well dips can be a chest exercise as well. it all depends on how far you lean forward. there will be some discomfort in the shoulders but it shouldn't be pain.. i would try to stay as upright as possible on the dip bars as this will hit your triceps more instead of hitting the chest as leaning forward will. i prefer to use dips as a chest exercise and use other exercises for my triceps but its all up to you.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dips are not for everyone mate, some people have shoulders that cant handle the force and pressure on the glenohumeral joint. Here are some other exercises that may be helpful to you.

http://www.shapefit.com/triceps-exer...pushdowns.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~