nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Subcutaneous fat, can I lose it?

I've read up on how to lose fat on here and as well as other sources and have learned a lot. One thing has gone unanswered though. Which is harder to lose, subcutaneous fat or visceral fat? This is my basic understanding of the two in laymen terms, please someone correct me if I've been ill advised. Subcutaneous is essentially "flabby fat", while visceral fat is "hard fat"...beer belly, etc...

Now with that comes my next question, which is a little hard for me because I am a subconscious person given I have been a big person my whole life until now. 5 months ago I was 269 at 5'8", I have gotten down to 188 (on a good day lol). That is a huge achievement and I done it naturally, no supplements, just good ole' diet and exercise. But unfortunately I carry weight different, sure I can blame genetics, possibly water retention, but at 188 I still consider myself fat, embarrassing to say but I still have belly fat, subcutaneous at that. I can tell it is fat because it still has structure it's not just loose skin. It's reduced drastically so I assume if I just give it more time it will be gone, or not. Will I be able to loose it? I know there is no such thing as spot reduction(at least none that work as far as i know) but is a good diet and exercise the ticket? Thanks for any help in advance guys.

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cutaneous is a latin root meaning of the skin. sub means below. so subcutaneous i would imagine refers to basically all fat.

visceral fat is just fat that surrounds organs. that is needed for your body (reasons why you can never be at 0% bf) but is also bad when u get too much.

sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10) sylntsniper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by baxtej44 View Post
    cutaneous is a latin root meaning of the skin. sub means below. so subcutaneous i would imagine refers to basically all fat.

visceral fat is just fat that surrounds organs. that is needed for your body (reasons why you can never be at 0% bf) but is also bad when u get too much.
    I'd say there's more to it than this. Some people have more visceral fat than others, and tend to be at a higher risk for obesity-related diseases relative to those who have more subcutaneous and less visceral fat.

Can you lose subcutaneous fat? Absolutely. Do you have a six pack? No? What's standing between you and those glorious abs? Subcutaneous fat. You can't see your visceral fat. It's all up surrounding your liver and intestines, heart, stomach, whatever.

Essential fat is also different. This is the fat you need for your eyes, brain, etc. You'll go blind if you lose too much fat. We're talking crazy low, though, like a couple percent bf.

nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sylntsniper View Post
    I'd say there's more to it than this. Some people have more visceral fat than others, and tend to be at a higher risk for obesity-related diseases relative to those who have more subcutaneous and less visceral fat.

Can you lose subcutaneous fat? Absolutely. Do you have a six pack? No? What's standing between you and those glorious abs? Subcutaneous fat. You can't see your visceral fat. It's all up surrounding your liver and intestines, heart, stomach, whatever.

Essential fat is also different. This is the fat you need for your eyes, brain, etc. You'll go blind if you lose too much fat. We're talking crazy low, though, like a couple percent bf.
    Thanks for the reply, very encouraging to know it is possible to lose subcutaneous fat. I am not concerned with have a 6 pack. It just sucks losing a lot of weight and still have the stubborn fat.