Closed Thread
    gangster of satisfaction quietstormx1's Avatar
    quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

How often do you call/text when dating?

I've recently starting dating this chick I met. We're not in a relationship, but we're just dating. We've been out a few times, and have a lot of fun together.

She doesn't seem like the kinda chick that is on her phone 24/7 (thank god) so we don't text a whole lot.

Question is, how often do you guys usually text/call chicks that you're casually dating? That is, it's not serious yet, so you don't exactly have that 'boyfriend/girl' title?

The chick I'm seeing is on vacation this week with family. I don't want to annoy her or come across needy, so I don't want to call her and be on the phone with her forever. Last time we talked was yesterday via text. Haven't talked to her today at all. I'm thinking I shouldn't really text her today (I haven't heard from her) as to give her some space ya kno?

lee432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lee432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lee432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lee432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it doesnt matter. as long as you feel you're not squshing her, you can talk to her for x hours on the phone; texting what is supposed to be a phone convo is pretty annoying isnt it?

traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) traxchix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would text her anyway. i like to hear from the guy im dating daily. if i dont hear from him, then i know something's wrong(he's mad at me or dead in a ditch somewhere).

and its not being beta or anything but i love to hear from him even if its a phone call or text and it puts a smile on my face
    "If you love someone set them Free. If they come back, set em on Fire." Then repeat as needed or until they stop screaming...

In Trance We Trust killerobotninja's Avatar
    killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Text her when you feel like it and reply when you feel like it.

Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amb11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by traxchix View Post
    i would text her anyway. i like to hear from the guy im dating daily. if i dont hear from him, then i know something's wrong(he's mad at me or dead in a ditch somewhere).

and its not being beta or anything but i love to hear from him even if its a phone call or text and it puts a smile on my face

Idk about that. I see what you're saying, but just imo, if you've only gone on a few dates with this girl and haven't even hooked up yet, I wouldn't text her daily. Just comes off as needy to me, but to each their own.

quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Amb11 View Post
    Idk about that. I see what you're saying, but just imo, if you've only gone on a few dates with this girl and haven't even hooked up yet, I wouldn't text her daily. Just comes off as needy to me, but to each their own.
    we havent had sex, but we have made out so the attraction is there.

it's just weird because I'm used to chicks blowing up my phone when we have something going on. But she doesn't. Any time I'm with her, she either never has her phone on her (its tucked away in her bag) or almost never checks it. She also takes long as hell to reply.

I mean I don't really care, I'm just curious as to what some of you guys have experienced.

SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by quietstormx1 View Post
    we havent had sex, but we have made out so the attraction is there.

it's just weird because I'm used to chicks blowing up my phone when we have something going on. But she doesn't. Any time I'm with her, she either never has her phone on her (its tucked away in her bag) or almost never checks it. She also takes long as hell to reply.

I mean I don't really care, I'm just curious as to what some of you guys have experienced.

Haha !!! Are we seeing the same chick? ... I'm in the exact same position, this chock is making me work but hey she seems like an awesome catch

Hearts r broken everyday Lottabody's Avatar
    Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000) Lottabody is just really nice. (+1000)
    As much as possible without smothering him.
    You wear a rubber?--damn right
    You are my lover?--all night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN7fQd6WzA&list

Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Viddy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by SteelCrayon View Post
    Haha !!! Are we seeing the same chick? ... I'm in the exact same position, this chock is making me work but hey she seems like an awesome catch
    LOL! Maybe all three of us is seeing the same chick cos this bish has me working fo' dat matin' wound.

Electro House Provider Im.going.in's Avatar
    Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000) Im.going.in is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems like she's playing hard to get. Anyway op text her with small talk and text her as if she's a friend. Text her hey how's the vacation so far? Miss me?:P and see what she replies back.

Majority of girls usually wait for the guy to text/call them first (well from my experience anyway)

Good luck op and keep us updated!

DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidC193 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've recently starting dating this chick I met. We're not in a relationship, but we're just dating. We've been out a few times, and have a lot of fun together.

She doesn't seem like the kinda chick that is on her phone 24/7 (thank god) so we don't text a whole lot.

Question is, how often do you guys usually text/call chicks that you're casually dating? That is, it's not serious yet, so you don't exactly have that 'boyfriend/girl' title?

The chick I'm seeing is on vacation this week with family. I don't want to annoy her or come across needy, so I don't want to call her and be on the phone with her forever. Last time we talked was yesterday via text. Haven't talked to her today at all. I'm thinking I shouldn't really text her today (I haven't heard from her) as to give her some space ya kno?

If she really likes you... the one day you don't text her she'll freak out and probably text you next day.

This girl right now has been playin' hard to get with me. So I ignored her for a week. Yesterday she texts me and sets somthin up. I didn't have to do anything.
    ~ Misc Instagram Crew ~

~Greek Plaza~ [DKE]

IG: Northern_Bro

ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SteelCrayon View Post
    Originally Posted by Viddy View Post
    LOL! Maybe all three of us is seeing the same chick cos this bish has me working fo' dat matin' wound.
    x4 ????? zomg, no sorry, girls are just morAns :O

adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I enjoy hearing from a guy who I am dating everyday. As long as you don't send a million texts or call a million times before I respond. For example, if you text me and I don't respond within 5 minutes you text me again. That's really annoying. Just don't do that then you are okay lol.

We love to know that you are thinking of us. By talking to us everyday, it helps us know that you like us.
    To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat-Plato

For those who "neg" my reputation JUST because I am a woman and then put that in the description to why you "negged" me, I will do it right back.

Originally Posted by adifferentme3 View Post
    I enjoy hearing from a guy who I am dating everyday. As long as you don't send a million texts or call a million times before I respond. For example, if you text me and I don't respond within 5 minutes you text me again. That's really annoying. Just don't do that then you are okay lol.

We love to know that you are thinking of us. By talking to us everyday, it helps us know that you like us.
    yeah i dont blow up her phone with texts. ill send her one text asking how her vacation/day is going or mentioning something else, and wait for her response. i understand texting isnt an instant-response deal.

i texted her last night and talked a little. i think im going to "forget" about her today, and see if she texts/calls me today or tomorrow. if not ill give her a call tomorrow night and see whats up

adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adifferentme3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i dont blow up her phone with texts. ill send her one text asking how her vacation/day is going or mentioning something else, and wait for her response. i understand texting isnt an instant-response deal.

i texted her last night and talked a little. i think im going to "forget" about her today, and see if she texts/calls me today or tomorrow. if not ill give her a call tomorrow night and see whats up
    Is it always you texting her first? Or is it a 50-50 deal? Good idea though, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow night, just call her.
    To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat-Plato

For those who "neg" my reputation JUST because I am a woman and then put that in the description to why you "negged" me, I will do it right back.

Originally Posted by adifferentme3 View Post
    Is it always you texting her first? Or is it a 50-50 deal? Good idea though, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow night, just call her.
    more like 60-40? I don't work, so I have a little more free time

But she's on vacation now, so I don't expect her to text as much, seeing as she should be enjoying her week with her fam. Which is why I think I'll lay off the text today unless I hear from her, and just call her tomorrow to catch up.

Trojans. Lakers. Dodgers. collegeBBer's Avatar
    collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000) collegeBBer is just really nice. (+1000)
    from my personal experience (2 relationships lulz), the first stages (dating, first month or so, etc) there were lots of calls/texts throughout...these was sort of the honeymoon period...she never really took a long time to reply, calls/texts would be about 50/50, etc... it tends to slow down a bit deeper into the relationship...around 3-6 months or so and beyond.
    ***USC Trojans [Class of 2008]***

Live.Laugh.Fap<3

25 sitting on 25 mill RICKY_BOBBY's Avatar
    RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    send the bish a smiley face.. bishes love smiley faces.
    "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."

-Abraham Lincoln

vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I try to keep texting to a minimum. To me it's one of the most psychologically damaging inventions in the history of mankind. It dehumanizes communication and removes inhibitions to an unhealthy degree.

It's amazing how some people, women especially, can justify scandalous behavior by convincing themselves that saying things through texts really isn't bad.

I prefer to call to check on someone I'm seeing, and I normally do it once a day. I'm not into games. If you have feelings for someone, intentionally not talking to them for an entire day seems childish. But if we don't have plans that day, a five minute conversation is sufficient to get your point across. Hours and hours on the phone can wait until things become serious, and hopefully not too often even then.

Nothing should replace intimate, face to face communication.

vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50) vompy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not a phone person myself either. So when I was dating I just told the guy minimum communication I want from him is a good morning/night text.
    if you don't give a damn we don't give a

TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ScotchDate View Post
    x4 ????? zomg, no sorry, girls are just morAns :O
    nope, x5

me and girl were texting pretty regularly (bout 100 msgs a day) and talking on the phone a bit, then we hung out saturday and made-out n cuddled n ever since she has been really aloof and distant.

Don't know what to make of it

shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shelifts1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by vabyss View Post
    I try to keep texting to a minimum. To me it's one of the most psychologically damaging inventions in the history of mankind. It dehumanizes communication and removes inhibitions to an unhealthy degree.

It's amazing how some people, women especially, can justify scandalous behavior by convincing themselves that saying things through texts really isn't bad.

I prefer to call to check on someone I'm seeing, and I normally do it once a day. I'm not into games. If you have feelings for someone, intentionally not talking to them for an entire day seems childish. But if we don't have plans that day, a five minute conversation is sufficient to get your point across. Hours and hours on the phone can wait until things become serious, and hopefully not too often even then.

Nothing should replace intimate, face to face communication.
    Yes texting all day long can be unhealthy.

ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatKindaGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shelifts1989 View Post
    Yes texting all day long can be unhealthy.
    its a thread from 3 years ago, you annoying troll - why won't you just go away already, god damnit