Gangster of Randomness... bezarkar's Avatar
    bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What are the cheapest foods I can buy that are suitable for bodybuilding?

I live on a budget. Please share what the cheapest suitable foods are.

I know one of the them is eggs. Thank you in advance.
    How you gonna rip it like that son? I don't play that, cause its action, I go... pat, pat, pat 'cause i'm black son! That's right, i'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep.
    Doodle-it, doodle-it, doodle-it-doo!

♥G-Nation♥™
    ☆☆☆America Fuk Yeah ¢яєω☆☆☆
    Undercover Mod/Troll Hunter
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2jab8s7.jpg[/IMG]

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)
    milk
    eggs
    chicken breast
    tuna
    rice
    beans

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    PB, oats, milk, etc..Buy in bulk.

Look for deals.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10) bezarkar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys.
    How you gonna rip it like that son? I don't play that, cause its action, I go... pat, pat, pat 'cause i'm black son! That's right, i'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep.

♥G-Nation♥™

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    - whey
    - whole chicken
    - eggs
    - milk
    - oats
    - olive oil

Buy in bulk, clip coupons, get a costco or price club membership. (Whey should be ordered online, NOW foods isolate, NutraBio and MyoFusion can be found really cheap with free shipping, much better than GNC and much better than cheap crap that makes you fart)

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    PB, oils, nuts
    eggs, milk
    oats, potatoes, rice, pasta, dry beans
    Most inexpensive protein: chicken breast, whey (MGN and dymatize get you the most protein per $), tuna (buy in bulk and only when on sale)
    veggies: frozen is generally cheapest or whatever is on sale
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eggs, Bulk Frozen Chicken tenderloin or chicken breast, lean ground beef, look for manager specials on steaks
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey

rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brown rice make 4cups

dried black beans 2 cups, 2 large cans of chicken breast, 1 chicken flavored bullion cube(or just boil beans in chicken stock), add a chopped onion + chopped carrot if you have them around

600 calories, 20-25g protien per serving, should feed you twice a day for a week.

$10-$12 for 14 meals not bad

fyi, I typically eat 5 x 500-600 calorie meals day plus 1000 calorie dinner

black eyed peas, black beans, lima beans + rice + some chicken thrown in make it pretty cheap

black beans is the only thing I used canned chicken for though

Also, not sure where you live but if there is a Wal-mart superstore nearby you can get skinless, boneless chicken breast for $1.78lb, dosen't get much cheaper than that. Also, have $1 greek yogurts with 14g of protein per serving.

charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000)
    brown rice is cheapest carb. Eggs are probably the cheapest protein when bought in 5 dozen.

intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont have much money to spend on food but luckily i live right by a costco and they have all the essentials for usually damn good prices.

-Chicken Tenders: ~$15 for 6 lbs
    -Eggs: ~$1 per dozen
    -Tuna: $12 for 8 cans, 45g protein per can
    -Greens: $3 for huge amount of lettuce, Carrots are extremely cheap there as well
    -Tilapia Fillets: $4 / lb
    -Brown Rice: 12 lb back for about 15 bucks, will last a long time
    -Bread: $3 for 2 loaves of whole grain
    -Cytosport Whey: $28 for 6 lbs - great deal on whey
    -Protein Bars: $20 for 2 boxes of 12, pretty good bars, 30 g protein each
    -Almonds: $8 for a fairly large container, cant remember how much
    -Milk: $5 for 2 gallons

These are what i can remember off the top of my head very good prices that grocery stores only beat when they have huge sales.
    Athletic Edge Nutrition
    www.aenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/ae.htm

egraf@aenutrition.com

Bench/Squat/Dead: Current(goal)
    285(315)/405(450)/380(405)

chippyx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by intrusionzero View Post
    i dont have much money to spend on food but luckily i live right by a costco and they have all the essentials for usually damn good prices.

-Tuna: $12 for 8 cans, 45g protein per can
    Costco carries this? Just recently went to costco and bought a 12 pack for like $9.50(33g/can)

intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chippyx23 View Post
    Costco carries this? Just recently went to costco and bought a 12 pack for like $9.50(33g/can)
    dont remember the exact quantity/price i just remember its a little over $1 per can - its albacore tuna - im positive it has 45 g protein /can
    Athletic Edge Nutrition
    www.aenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/ae.htm

egraf@aenutrition.com

Bench/Squat/Dead: Current(goal)
    285(315)/405(450)/380(405)

Are hot dogs and sausages a good source of protein?

♥G-Nation♥™

benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try going late into the shops, get the whole cooked chickens on special reduced!

chippyx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by intrusionzero View Post
    dont remember the exact quantity/price i just remember its a little over $1 per can - its albacore tuna - im positive it has 45 g protein /can
    Gotcha, I just bought the chunk light tuna... I remember seeing the Albacore but dont remember the exact pricing and nutrition info...