Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

getting my first macbook...do i need to buy software?

okay brahs i decided im getting a macbook (pro 13in). anyways im setting up to order it and there is the option to have microsoft office 2008 preinstalled for an extra $150. should i go with this option or can i get it cheaper elsewhere and install it myself??
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

Thick. Solid. Tight. Agentdark45's Avatar
    Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That ****gy time, you on it.
    ☆☆☆Jaden Smith school of experimental philosophy and existentialism crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆UK crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆Poverty meal crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆CEO crew☆☆☆

Stats: 5'10"
    Weight: 185lbs

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    bwamp

getting a free ipod with it too, stoked on that
    Trump 2016

kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kkevinn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    macs are for *******s

WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    okay brahs i decided im getting a macbook (pro 13in). anyways im setting up to order it and there is the option to have microsoft office 2008 preinstalled for an extra $150. should i go with this option or can i get it cheaper elsewhere and install it myself??
    You can use free programs that can open and edit MS files. Just download Open Office or Neo Office for Mac. MS Office 2008 BLOWS for Mac.

You'll love the computer.
    Best Blog for Personal Finance:

Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mountaindude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just get Microsoft Office. It is quite helpful. And the newest operating system.

doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you aware that you're a complete ***got for getting a mac? brb paying $200 per program on it.
    MMMC S:365 B:275 D:435 @ 181

Originally Posted by Agentdark45 View Post
    That ****gy time, you on it.
    no. i wasted $1300 on a windows laptop and the thing ran like sh*t from day one. every single person i know with a mac loves them and they run just as smooth and as fast as they did when they first got them. no well in hell im wasting more money on a windows laptop to have it do the same thing. i dont know much about computers at all, and since the apple vs. pc argument is so opionated, im basing it on what people who own them say, and mac has def "won" in terms of that.
    Trump 2016

Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Annihilate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no. i wasted $1300 on a windows laptop and the thing ran like sh*t from day one. every single person i know with a mac loves them and they run just as smooth and as fast as they did when they first got them. no well in hell im wasting more money on a windows laptop to have it do the same thing. i dont know much about computers at all, and since the apple vs. pc argument is so opionated, im basing it on what people who own them say, and mac has def "won" in terms of that.
    Be prepared to go to hospital for 3rd degree leg burns.... I want to know who the person was at apple who was like "lets make a laptop out of metal" conducts heat like a mofo.

NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NKC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

also is the "applecare protection plan" worth it for $180?
    I got AppleCare for mine. Apple repairs can get pretty expensive. Search around to find it cheaper. I remember seeing a thread over at notebookreview(dot)com that talks about this.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. I don't find much difference in terms of problems between PCs and Macs. What I like about Macs is that I don't have to worry as much about viruses and malware. But there are still a lot of programs that are PC-only (or the Mac version is crippled) and running Parallels is a pain.

Originally Posted by WiggyWanka View Post
    You can use free programs that can open and edit MS files. Just download Open Office or Neo Office for Mac. MS Office 2008 BLOWS for Mac.

You'll love the computer.
    well im going to need office for the word/excel. im shopping around but i was curious if i could find it anywhere cheaper
    Originally Posted by doncorleonecs View Post
    Are you aware that you're a complete ***got for getting a mac? brb paying $200 per program on it.
    Originally Posted by kkevinn6 View Post
    macs are for *******s
    see my above reason. my experience with pc's has been terrible, i have only ever heard great things about macs from people who own them. i dont know jack shiit about comps so i want a relatively maitenance free comp that will run smoothly. mac will do this for me
    Trump 2016

ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryghtontime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you're going to pay for MS office, wait until Office 2011 for Mac comes out... the feel and functionality is supposed to resemble Office 2007 and 2010 for PC. Office 2008 for Mac just sucks, especially if you're coming from the PC side

besides buying the software, you could have a friend download it from torrent or usenet for you... mac software is easier to crack... just sayin'

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you spent $1300 on a Windows laptop, what were its specs because that is a heck of alot of money for a laptop.

PS, if it ran like **** from day one yet other PCs and laptops run great with Windows, thats a HUGE in your face obvious clue its the laptop that sucks.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're going to need to buy a new window. Because you're going to throw it out one.
    #POLISHcrew
    #turboswag

BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrosephMontana will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can get a student discount on Microsoft Office if you or someone you know is a student. I only got mine for $13 instead of paying the full $150

Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
    Be prepared to go to hospital for 3rd degree leg burns.... I want to know who the person was at apple who was like "lets make a laptop out of metal" conducts heat like a mofo.
    haha, my dell gets so hot i have to put a pillow or a sweatshirt on my lap to sit without squirming. not to mention just starting up this thing takes several minutes
    Originally Posted by NKC View Post
    I got AppleCare for mine. Apple repairs can get pretty expensive. Search around to find it cheaper. I remember seeing a thread over at notebookreview(dot)com that talks about this.
    well im not going to get the applecare just yet since a year is allready included. im going to keep checking out reviews/website though
    Trump 2016

Angus is ready.... supacrazymonkey's Avatar
    supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was planning on buying one but was turned off when I learned that although they have the i5 processors for the 15inch and up they still have the older processors for the 13inch. wtfff why would apple do that? just put off on buying a laptop for now.

doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doncorleonecs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you wasted $1300 on a laptop did you at least research wtf you were buying...?

because for $1300 you can get a very good laptop. and if something sucks from day 1 bring it the **** back stupid
    MMMC S:365 B:275 D:435 @ 181

avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10) avigohp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    posting in misc about macs?

end well this will not

WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000) WiggyWanka is just really nice. (+1000)
    well im going to need office for the word/excel. im shopping around but i was curious if i could find it anywhere cheaper

see my above reason. my experience with pc's has been terrible, i have only ever heard great things about macs from people who own them. i dont know jack shiit about comps so i want a relatively maitenance free comp that will run smoothly. mac will do this for me
    You don't need MS Office. The other progrmas will do the same thing. They can open Excel/Word files and edit them. You can also save the NeoOffice files as Excel/Word.
    Best Blog for Personal Finance:

Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nuge wtf?
    dropping some srs cash on that apple sauce
    *** ¯\_(ツ)_/¯*** Crew

"I don't even know what street Canada is on" -Al Capone

EC, Fish Oil, Lean Xtreme

5/31/11: 204.5
    6/7/11: 199.0
    6/14/11: 196.5
    6/21/11: 195
    6/28/11
    7/05/11
    7/12/11
    7/19/11
    7/26/11

Goal: 170.0

TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    macs are for people like you who do not know all that much about computers. which is why they can get away with their prices. I would not have a problem with macs if they appropriately priced their specifications. (no hate)

but you should just get the software pre loaded unless ur comfortable with torrenting it. You won't find office at a much cheaper price than that
    We are all a sum total of our experiences. As you grow and gain more experiences, those new experiences help shape and refine your perspective.

"Gov't doesn't fix problems, it subsidizes them." Ronald Reagan

Grey Knights Unite

Originally Posted by ryghtontime View Post
    if you're going to pay for MS office, wait until Office 2011 for Mac comes out... the feel and functionality is supposed to resemble Office 2007 and 2010 for PC. Office 2008 for Mac just sucks, especially if you're coming from the PC side

besides buying the software, you could have a friend download it from torrent or usenet for you... mac software is easier to crack... just sayin'
    this is what i was looking for, thanks brah. any idea when the newer version will be out?

Originally Posted by DinoT1985 View Post
    If you spent $1300 on a Windows laptop, what were its specs because that is a heck of alot of money for a laptop.

PS, if it ran like **** from day one yet other PCs and laptops run great with Windows, thats a HUGE in your face obvious clue its the laptop that sucks.
    i have no doubts the laptop sucks, but using other laptops/pcs they never seem to run as fast or "smoothly" as the macs i have used. i dont need a powerhouse comp for gaming and graphics and stuff. just music/schoolwork/browsing, and my numerb one concern is not having it get all slow and laggy, based on my experience and that of people i know the mac owners unanimously agree that they run excellent on day one and day 1000. but alot of the pc folks say that it gets slower, problems, etc.

like i allready said, i dont know much about comps and maintaining,fixing, keeping running fast. my comp nerd friends say that a pc is great but to keep it in tip top shape you need to be able to do some maitenance stuff to keep it going.
    Originally Posted by ayekay View Post
    You're going to need to buy a new window. Because you're going to throw it out one.
    Trump 2016

Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000) Autodidactic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't need to pay for anything really after you get the Mac. Every program you can pay for, you can get an alternative for free. Have you considered iWork or OpenOffice? They're both free and OO can save as .docx just like Office. Also, Office 2008 sucks for the Mac. I have the 2011 beta and it is significantly better.

Mac OS X comes preloaded with a bunch of stuff too. You get, preloaded, Front Row, iLife ’05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), Photo Booth, Mail, Dashboard, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Address Book, AppleWorks, iWork (30-day trial), Classic environment, Quicken 2006 for Mac, 2006 World Book, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, XCode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Diag Tool.

Also, www.opensourcemac.org has pretty much anything you could want, free and open-source.

Edit : Also, haters gon hate. I will never go back to Windows. The gestures on OS X with the multitouch touch pad are great. I put a solid state drive (2 actually) in my MacBook Pro and I haven't looked back. I work as a software engineer BTW so I work in a Windows environment 5 days a week.

Edit edit : If you want the Office 2011 beta that won't expire, I can get it to you.
    Last edited by manbearchad; 07-29-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Anti Anti Hover Crew

whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whyumadson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Op is on dat *******ORY TIME

lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000)
    get open office, its free and practically the same as m$ office

http://www.openoffice.org/

Originally Posted by supacrazymonkey View Post
    I was planning on buying one but was turned off when I learned that although they have the i5 processors for the 15inch and up they still have the older processors for the 13inch. wtfff why would apple do that? just put off on buying a laptop for now.
    well i would love the i3/i5, but realistically i dont need it. the only thing i am going to be doing on the comp is schoolwork/downloading music/watching movies online/miscing. im pretty sure the core II duo with 4gb ram will be more than enough for my basic needs
    Originally Posted by WiggyWanka View Post
    You don't need MS Office. The other progrmas will do the same thing. They can open Excel/Word files and edit them. You can also save the NeoOffice files as Excel/Word.
    sick! brb saving $150 haha
    Originally Posted by Mauibuilt904 View Post
    nuge wtf?
    dropping some srs cash on that apple sauce
    explained my reasons
    Originally Posted by TeeR4v_Gainer View Post
    macs are for people like you who do not know all that much about computers. which is why they can get away with their prices. I would not have a problem with macs if they appropriately priced their specifications. (no hate)

but you should just get the software pre loaded unless ur comfortable with torrenting it. You won't find office at a much cheaper price than that
    exactly. i just want something that will fulfill my basic needs and i dont have to worry about maintaining it or anything.
    Trump 2016

Thick. Solid. Tight. Agentdark45's Avatar
    Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So much fail in this post.

Are you aware that Macs and PC's are built on the same hardware?

Are you aware Windows 7 runs like butta, with no slowdowns / errors / crashes?

The only way you have "won" is by accepting uneducated opinions from trendwhore hipsters completely indoctrinated by Apple's marketing campaign. Oh and spending your money foolishly.

Install free virus shield + spyware software, don't click on pop up banners or install porn toolbars = save $300 on Apple tax. But I guess that might be too "technical" for you eh?
    ☆☆☆Jaden Smith school of experimental philosophy and existentialism crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆UK crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆Poverty meal crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆CEO crew☆☆☆

Stats: 5'10"
    Weight: 185lbs

Originally Posted by manbearchad View Post
    You don't need to pay for anything really after you get the Mac. Every program you can pay for, you can get an alternative for free. Have you considered iWork or OpenOffice? They're both free and OO can save as .docx just like Office. Also, Office 2008 sucks for the Mac. I have the 2011 beta and it is significantly better.

Mac OS X comes preloaded with a bunch of stuff too. You get, preloaded, Front Row, iLife ’05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), Photo Booth, Mail, Dashboard, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Address Book, AppleWorks, iWork (30-day trial), Classic environment, Quicken 2006 for Mac, 2006 World Book, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, XCode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Diag Tool.

Also, www.opensourcemac.org has pretty much anything you could want, free and open-source.

Edit : Also, haters gon hate. I will never go back to Windows. The gestures on OS X with the multitouch touch pad are great. I put a solid state drive (2 actually) in my MacBook Pro and I haven't looked back.

Edit edit : If you want the 2011 beta that won't expire, I can get it to you.
    Originally Posted by lazybandit View Post
    get open office, its free and practically the same as m$ office

http://www.openoffice.org/
    okay thanks brahs, i wont pay extra for any software, i'll just use whatever free programs i need. basically only some kind of word program, will def get the office 2011 when it comes out though
    Trump 2016

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    brb buying $1200 macbook when a $600 pc works just as well