redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overactive sympathetic nervous system and hyperhidrosis diet

My story: Over the past few years I have developed several symptoms, things such as high adrenalin, primary hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), redder eyes than other people, dilating pupils, rashes, low tolerance to stimulants etc.

These all occur in unconfortouble situations, I have found it hard in social situations as I start to feel very spaced out and more aware of the things around me than what people are actually saying to me. I tried self hypnosis for dealing with stress and it has helped to keep me switched on more but I still feel unconfortouble.

My sweating is the most embarassing thing to me, armpits and hands sweat an insane amount at times of discomfort, I have used driclor deoderant (aluminium chloride) in the past but it didnt help me much, but for others its a miracle cure, I wasnt over applying it either and I tried different types but it just didnt work for me, other options are surgery (errr noway im doing it), botox (no ways), oral meds (robinol), Iontophoresis (putting dc current through my body dont think so), hypnosis/meditation, exercise and diet.

All methods of fixing this besides exercise and diet are not curing the problem but fighting it in my opinion. I feel diet and exercise is the key and should really be the first option others should take if there sweating is due to an overactive nervous system, but who am I to judge. I just feel diet and exercise hits the source/root of the problem.

I exercise 5-7 days a week, 5-7 days of cardio for around 40 minutes a day in morning, 4 days of weight training at night time for 45 mins with 10 minutes cardio before and 10 minutes after.

I do not feel depression, only slightly due to the spaced out feeling and sweating but I still manage to have a good time with friends and family most of the time.

I have read online that the main cause of primary hyperhidrosis is an overactive nervous system and can be caused through anxiety. I also read theres a few ways to fight this, antidepressants which I wont take, and diet.

My diet has been average for a while now, not much junk food like take aways but some bad foods like white bread, coffee with sugar, I need to perfect my diet for health reasons and so my body can start acting how it should be doing.

I have read alot of articles on the types of foods I need to be eating but so many contradict each other, some say eat salmon because of the omega values and others say dont because it makes sweat smell more, and theres many more contradicting articles on ther foods.

I'm asking for help for devising a list of foods that I should be eating with this condition that help to keep sweating/smelling to a minumum. And I really hope so much this article can help others in my situation. If the thread has some good answers and advice I will edit the list so there is one solid list of all available options.

Heres what I have so far, feel free to help me perfect or add to the list or even state which of these foods are more essential than others, its good to know.

GOOD FOODS

wheatgrass (rich in vitamins inc lots of b vitamins) - essential
    6 pints of water daily - essential
    porridge
    fruits: 5 a day atleast - essential
    vitamins: with vitamin b helping with stress - essential
    whole grain cereal
    brown bread
    brown rice
    broccoli
    sunflower and pumpkin seeds
    soybeans
    minerals: calcium and magnesium
    protein powder (providing this is not the main source of protein)
    olive oil
    spinach and leefy greens
    tofu
    beans
    sage tea or capsules
    chicken
    sweet potatoes
    carrots
    orange juice
    turkey
    lamb (not too much and no fat)
    avacados
    mushrooms
    clams
    asparagus,
    soy milk,
    barley,
    fresh pasta
    chic peas
    potatoes
    mangos
    almands
    brazil nuts
    lentils

AVOIDANCE FOODS

sugar or anything with sugar in it.
    spicy foods.
    caffeine (i.e. coffee or some fat burners)
    white bread
    red meat
    fish (due to smell)
    onions
    garlic
    milk and dairy such as cheese, yogurt, eggs etc
    alcohol
    cigarettes
    honey and syrup
    processed foods
    chocolate
    salad dressing

redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redwatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does no one else suffer with hyperhidrosis here?

rspandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think yes what you have listed here for foods is soemthing even i agree.Did you already started taking these foods?and you find any change?
    Not sure but somewhere i read one should avoid spinach to reduce hh.As you said we get contrasting opinions on food.So cant help it.But everyone seems to be agree on dairy product which we need to avoid.
    hers one link which tell ya stopping dairy milk helps reducing hh.

Just realized i cannot post link here unless my post count is more than 30.Just search in Google I Stopped Drinking Milk and Sweating Stopped Instantly! and you'll get the link...

Originally Posted by redwatty View Post
    My story: Over the past few years I have developed several symptoms, things such as high adrenalin, primary hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), redder eyes than other people, dilating pupils, rashes, low tolerance to stimulants etc.

These all occur in unconfortouble situations, I have found it hard in social situations as I start to feel very spaced out and more aware of the things around me than what people are actually saying to me. I tried self hypnosis for dealing with stress and it has helped to keep me switched on more but I still feel unconfortouble.

My sweating is the most embarassing thing to me, armpits and hands sweat an insane amount at times of discomfort, I have used driclor deoderant (aluminium chloride) in the past but it didnt help me much, but for others its a miracle cure, I wasnt over applying it either and I tried different types but it just didnt work for me, other options are surgery (errr noway im doing it), botox (no ways), oral meds (robinol), Iontophoresis (putting dc current through my body dont think so), hypnosis/meditation, exercise and diet.

All methods of fixing this besides exercise and diet are not curing the problem but fighting it in my opinion. I feel diet and exercise is the key and should really be the first option others should take if there sweating is due to an overactive nervous system, but who am I to judge. I just feel diet and exercise hits the source/root of the problem.

I exercise 5-7 days a week, 5-7 days of cardio for around 40 minutes a day in morning, 4 days of weight training at night time for 45 mins with 10 minutes cardio before and 10 minutes after.

I do not feel depression, only slightly due to the spaced out feeling and sweating but I still manage to have a good time with friends and family most of the time.

I have read online that the main cause of primary hyperhidrosis is an overactive nervous system and can be caused through anxiety. I also read theres a few ways to fight this, antidepressants which I wont take, and diet.

My diet has been average for a while now, not much junk food like take aways but some bad foods like white bread, coffee with sugar, I need to perfect my diet for health reasons and so my body can start acting how it should be doing.

I have read alot of articles on the types of foods I need to be eating but so many contradict each other, some say eat salmon because of the omega values and others say dont because it makes sweat smell more, and theres many more contradicting articles on ther foods.

I'm asking for help for devising a list of foods that I should be eating with this condition that help to keep sweating/smelling to a minumum. And I really hope so much this article can help others in my situation. If the thread has some good answers and advice I will edit the list so there is one solid list of all available options.

Heres what I have so far, feel free to help me perfect or add to the list or even state which of these foods are more essential than others, its good to know.

GOOD FOODS

wheatgrass (rich in vitamins inc lots of b vitamins) - essential
    6 pints of water daily - essential
    porridge
    fruits: 5 a day atleast - essential
    vitamins: with vitamin b helping with stress - essential
    whole grain cereal
    brown bread
    brown rice
    broccoli
    sunflower and pumpkin seeds
    soybeans
    minerals: calcium and magnesium
    protein powder (providing this is not the main source of protein)
    olive oil
    spinach and leefy greens
    tofu
    beans
    sage tea or capsules
    chicken
    sweet potatoes
    carrots
    orange juice
    turkey
    lamb (not too much and no fat)
    avacados
    mushrooms
    clams
    asparagus,
    soy milk,
    barley,
    fresh pasta
    chic peas
    potatoes
    mangos
    almands
    brazil nuts
    lentils

AVOIDANCE FOODS

sugar or anything with sugar in it.
    spicy foods.
    caffeine (i.e. coffee or some fat burners)
    white bread
    red meat
    fish (due to smell)
    onions
    garlic
    milk and dairy such as cheese, yogurt, eggs etc
    alcohol
    cigarettes
    honey and syrup
    processed foods
    chocolate
    salad dressing

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hypochondriac /thread

bluerose365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't say that you should go by how foods smell but rather what they contain.
    Many foods contain toxins and pollutants, you should choose foods that contain less of those. Pollutants is what come out through your sweat (in your body's attempts to purify itself) and makes your sweat smell.

Coffee has more pollutants in one cup than you get from food year-round, so you should cut down or stop. Smoking is even worse.
    Processed foods are known to contain chemicals, preservatives and a whole load of garbage your body doesn't need, so you are right about cutting down on that too.
    Most produce is sprayed with pesticides so..if you're serious about this you should try to buy organic alternatives to your fruits and veggies.

Other than my pollutant avoidance theory, i have other less glamorous suggestions..have you ever notice how your pee smells like coffee after you drink a cup? don't mean to gross you out lol but things that smell up one fluid excretion could smell up another. Which is why you should probably avoid asparagus..and coffee.

biokid04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had hyperhidrosis my whole life.

Food is a huge trigger for me. Sometime stress will trigger too but not as much as food.

Trigger foods:
    Caffeine (in any form, coffee, tea, chocolate)

Chocolate

Caramel coloring, like what's in caffeine free Diet Coke. Yeah I though I could drink this safely. Nope. All dark sodas make me sweat.

I'm looking to see what the links are to dairy and gluten. There have been some studies that indicate that hyperhidrosis may be linked to gluten intolerance. I haven't been bold enough to stop gluten yet.

Anyway, I feel your "pain". There are days when i eat or drink a trigger and I have to change my shirt and socks up to 4 times a day.