patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) patricksushi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How many eggs to eat?

Hey guys,

So I usually eat 2 (whole) eggs for breakfast and add in some whites from a carton. My mom thinks I'm going to get high cholesterol and be on meds for the rest of my life (srs) if I eat eggs everyday (strong broscience).

I love eating eggs for breakfast because of their high source of nutrition. Is it safe to eat 2 eggs everyday? Help a brah out, thanks! And what can I tell my mom regarding the cholesterol?

foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foodstamp916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat as many as you want. I've been eating 12 eggs a day for the past few months, sometimes a couple more than 12.
    Bottom line: your cholesterol won't shoot through the roof.

Eggs and oatmeal 

riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000)
    the fat in them are good for you!

altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altrdloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by riaden View Post
    the fat in them are good for you!
    Originally Posted by foodstamp916 View Post
    Eat as many as you want. I've been eating 12 eggs a day for the past few months, sometimes a couple more than 12.
    Bottom line: your cholesterol won't shoot through the roof.

Eggs and oatmeal 
    correctamundo!!!!
    The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000) isdatzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eggs might increase cholesterol levels, but little evidence exists for an increased risk on CVD unless you're diabetic. Still, some studies linked high egg consumption to increased risk of all-cause mortality:

BACKGROUND: Consumption of dietary cholesterol from eggs has shown to increase the ratio of total to HDL cholesterol in humans, which has been suggested to increase the risk of CHD. However, until now no systematic review has been published about the direct effects between egg consumption and CHD/CVD.
    OBJECTIVES:
    -To review all prospective studies which published information about eggs in relationship with total cardiovascular disease, heart disease, or stroke.
    -To define the amount of consumption found to be related with possible effects on these diseases.
    -To define possible effect modification by confounders.
    DATA SOURCE: The Pubmed database was searched (No start date - May 25th, 2010) for relevant articles using the keywords "dietary cholesterol, dietary fat, egg, or eggs" combined with "prospective, cohort, follow-up, or longitudinal". The exact search term is described Here.
    Prospective studies published in the English language were included. Reference lists were searched for additional articles.
    RESULTS: 23 articles were found which provided information about 19 different cohorts. Of these, 0 articles were excluded.
    Disease risk.
    -2 cohorts provided information about total CVD risk. Suggestive evidence was found for an increased CVD risk of egg consumption among subjects with pre-existing type 2 diabetes.
    -10 cohorts provided information about CHD risk, including 5,678+ cases. No evidence was found for an association with any level of egg consumption. However, suggestive evidence was found for an increased CHD risk of high egg consumption among subjects with pre-existing type 2 diabetes.
    -2 cohorts provided information about heart failure, including 2,224 cases. Suggestive evidence was found for an increased heart failure risk of high egg consumption.
    -4 cohorts provided information about stroke risk, including 2,818 cases. No evidence was found for an association with any level of egg consumption.
    Mortality risk.
    -No data was found about the relation with total CVD mortality.
    -8 cohorts provided information about CHD mortality, including 3,757+ cases. No evidence was found for an association with any level of egg consumption.
    -4 cohorts provided information about stroke mortality, including 3,978 cases. Inconclusive evidence was found for an association.
    CONCLUSION: No evidence was found for an overall association between any level of egg consumption and total CVD risk, CHD risk, stroke risk, CHD mortality, and stroke mortality. However, suggestive evidence was found for an increased heart failure risk of high egg consumption, and suggestive evidence was found for an increased total CVD- and CHD risk of high egg consumption (≥ 6-7 eggs/week) among subjects with type 2 diabetes.
    Any increased risks were practically restricted to findings from Western cohorts, and any protective effects were practically restricted to findings from Asian cohorts. No other effect modification was found by any variables, including baseline cholesterol levels and hypertension.
    LIMITATIONS: No evidence was found for an overall association between any level of egg consumption and any CVD end point, except for a possible association with the condition called heart failure. But since the amount of evidence is limited, and no results from cohorts of very large size were included, the possibility of an effect on CVD among specific subgroups of the population can not be excluded. Though no evidence was found for an association with CVD, current evidence shows high egg consumption might increase risk of all-cause mortality.
    Source: Hoenselaar R. Eggs and cardiovascular disease. Canceranddiet.nl. http://canceranddiet.nl/cardiovascul...ease/eggs.html

GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Days I work out I usually eat 2 whole eggs and 3-5 egg whites with one meal + carbs then another 5-6 egg whites + carbs etc with another meal and days I dont work out I only eat 8-10 egg whites, I usually get Organic Eggs from Trader Joe's ( brown ones ) and use those when I eat whole eggs and regular eggs from Costco from egg whites, I recently started just boiling them much easier, 12 min and ba boom ready to go. much it shouldnt hurt you as long as your in decent shape.

Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Resisthrive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat as many whites as you can fit into your macros, and 1-2 yolks.

Nothing beats a good old scramble in the morning.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've ate eggs consistently my whole life and my cholesterol is fine. My grandpa had eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast almost everyday and had no cholesterol issues at all.

The fats and cholesterol in eggs has also been shown to increase testosterone levels. That's always a nice thing
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000) charleyperkins is just really nice. (+1000)
    I blend 100 grams of hardboiled egg whites in my postworkout shakes. Can't taste it.

NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10) NanaFrana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think they showed that eggs aren't bad for cholesterol afterall. i wouldnt worry about it, its great protein and anyway you need some cholesterol.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i eat about 3 whole eggs a day 3 whites

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by patricksushi View Post
    Hey guys,

So I usually eat 2 (whole) eggs for breakfast and add in some whites from a carton. My mom thinks I'm going to get high cholesterol and be on meds for the rest of my life (srs) if I eat eggs everyday (strong broscience).

I love eating eggs for breakfast because of their high source of nutrition. Is it safe to eat 2 eggs everyday? Help a brah out, thanks! And what can I tell my mom regarding the cholesterol?
    No offense to your Mom, but sounds like she is stuck in the 80s on that theory (so is my Mom). If I remember correctly your body makes somwhere around 85% of your cholesterol. And around 15% or so can be affected by other factors such as food. This doesn't mean that if you ate 0 cholesterol that you could lower it 15%, just that if you ate a ton of cholesterol that 15% would be the high end of how much it could affect it. At least thats my understanding from what I've read. I've eaten several eggs every day for years and years, and last checkup had low cholesterol, which i would guess has something to do with eating oats every day..