Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk Whey vs. Optimum Nutrition

I'm currently using Optimum Nutrition but I came across buy bulk whey .com which has 20 lbs. of protein for about $100. I'm assuming it's lower quality protein but I figured I should ask here first.

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Matt104 View Post
    I'm currently using Optimum Nutrition but I came across buy bulk whey .com which has 20 lbs. of protein for about $100. I'm assuming it's lower quality protein but I figured I should ask here first.
    optimum nutrition is SUPERIOR. Their are many different types of whey protein, some of the most pure and best ones are hydrolized and isolates. ON uses whey protein isolate and some hydrolized (isolated protein..) the stuff your looking at is well, just whey protein. Is is not stripped of its fat or impurities, a quality whey protein should be fat free and sugar free. If not you can tell its not an isolate (or better). Here lies the answer, quality and the healthy option lie on optimum. The low price and not so good quality/ not so healthy option lie in your cheap bulk whey.
    U mad bra?
    Engineering Master Race

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    smart whey of promoting your website

in b4 lock

EDIT: woah strong join date to post ratio

Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Originally Posted by Killshot1 View Post
    optimum nutrition is SUPERIOR. Their are many different types of whey protein, some of the most pure and best ones are hydrolized and isolates. ON uses whey protein isolate and some hydrolized (isolated protein..) the stuff your looking at is well, just whey protein. Is is not stripped of its fat or impurities, a quality whey protein should be fat free and sugar free. If not you can tell its not an isolate (or better). Here lies the answer, quality and the healthy option lie on optimum. The low price and not so good quality/ not so healthy option lie in your cheap bulk whey.
    U mad bra?

Figured ON was superior. Some other sites I found have bulk whey isolate as well.

Originally Posted by AndrewChan View Post
    smart whey of promoting your website

in b4 lock

EDIT: woah strong join date to post ratio

Not promoting anything it just showed up as ******** when I posted the message, LOL.

As for posting, I made this account a loooooooong time ago when I first started ordering at BB.com and have only made a few posts in that time span.

Are there any places to order from to buy bulk whey from that are comparable to brand names?

GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Killshot1 View Post
    U mad bra?
    You should read up on protein my friend
    Such much Placebo in here.

MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMostly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ON is a decent utility protein. It is going to far too say that Whey Protein Isolate is superior. True, it does have a high protein percentage but the process may strip out some of the good with the bad.

As far as this BuyBulk site, they are apparently based in Madison, Wisconsin. Nutrition Outlet, LLC and get their whey from cheese makers. They never say on the pages that I looked at what kind of protein it is ... isolate or micro-filtered. With the rather high cholesterol content (55 mg per scoop), I would say its likely WPC (whey protein concentrate) i.e. dried whey.

Anyone can set up a "protein super-store"! All you need to do is contact a cheese factory and order a pallet of whey. You'll get a huge mountain of whey in 50 lb. Kraft bags which you will need to break down into individual orders. Get on EBay and start making money.

stevodevo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GetRippedInc View Post
    You should read up on protein my friend
    Agreed. WPC has been shown to have many health benefits given that it DOESN'T have all it's other nutrients and fats stripped out. Not to say WPI isn't good - it's just horses for courses. A good tactic that's often recommended, is use WPI post workout when you need quickly absorbed protein, but WPC all other times.

I buy the bulk stuff and flavour it myself (or not). I buy both WPC and WPI in bulk and use them both every day. It is way cheaper. Buy from a reputable source and the quality will be as good as any.

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Matt104 View Post

Are there any places to order from to buy bulk whey from that are comparable to brand names?
    i was getting my bulk whey from mgn for $126 for 25 lbs (including shipping)

however with the huge debacle on the boards im thinking about switching

im also interested to know where to buy bulk whey

so far dymatize is the best options out there averaging about $28 for 5 lbs.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You might ask yourself why in an over-saturated market a few unknown companies are able to sell protein at vastly cheaper prices than every other competitor, including the largest companies which would generally be able to out-price everyone due to economies of scale.

The more you learn about the supplement industry the more certain you will be that pinching pennies when buying supplements is a very bad idea.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I buy all my stuff at true protein! they have an amazing price on bulk 25 lbs bags and are a very well known and respected manufacturer.

Contact me if you want a discount code.
    ---==-=-=- Current Xfactor Log-=-=-==---
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131933703

***Canadian Customs and Duties Explained ****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=965533

***Optimum Nutrition 100% VS. Dymatize Elite whey review***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=822980

Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000)
    prices can be cheaper with unknown companies because no marketing etc.

J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    i buy all my stuff at true protein! They have an amazing price on bulk 25 lbs bags and are a very well known and respected manufacturer.

Contact me if you want a discount code.
    whats a good whey isolate to choose? Or one close thats low cal, carb and fat for cutting

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    You might ask yourself why in an over-saturated market a few unknown companies are able to sell protein at vastly cheaper prices than every other competitor, including the largest companies which would generally be able to out-price everyone due to economies of scale.

The more you learn about the supplement industry the more certain you will be that pinching pennies when buying supplements is a very bad idea.
    I'd think that in such a niche market as body building supplements, there's massive margins being made by the supplement companies. I think ON themselves are proof of this. Somehow they manage to keep their prices just above what you'd pay for bulk whey from reputable sources. Even still, I don't question ON's quality just because they're cheaper than most. I just find them good value. Pretty much the only reason I don't switch to ON, is because I get to choose EXACTLY what I add to flavour my shakes. No artificial sweetners thanks.

Like anything, you get what you pay for, but I can't see why it would be hard to reason that someone selling a plain, bulk product could not easily charge a lot less than blended/flavoured products... without compromising quality.

Originally Posted by Dymethazine View Post
    prices can be cheaper with unknown companies because no marketing etc.
    That too...

knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) knightowl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
    whats a good whey isolate to choose? Or one close thats low cal, carb and fat for cutting
    go for a straight isolate or a mix between isolate and concentrate, with true protein you can do specific percentages so you can do 75% whey protein isolate colde filtered and 25% whey protein concentrate

or whatever other combination you like
    ---==-=-=- Current Xfactor Log-=-=-==---
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131933703

***Canadian Customs and Duties Explained ****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=965533

***Optimum Nutrition 100% VS. Dymatize Elite whey review***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=822980