Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein shake without milk?

anyone try that before? i heard people use water instead of milk but sounds terribly disgusting

the reason i am asking is b/c milk makes me pretty sick i guess im lactose intolerant so idk i never tried the lactose free milk before or whatever

thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on the protein
    But you get used to it
    Current Goal (Sept 14th)
    Weight 185 200
    Bench 295 315
    Squat 405x2 455
    Dead 405x5 455x5
    Dead 455x1 500x1
    Row 205x5 225x10
    Clean 255 275

Owe reps:
    JC_Strongman, SkinnyPastyNerd, 9chimaira0x, ben_DL, JohnathanTa, wygdwicfy
    Negs 4 life:
    IronMau5

realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ekun View Post
    anyone try that before? i heard people use water instead of milk but sounds terribly disgusting
    Let me tell you something.. using milk for your shake isnt the best thinga t all..
    Whey protein is the milk protein without the lactose and the other junk... The protein is pure and easier to synthasize.

Adding milk to your shake is just not helping your proteins effectiveness. You souldn't add milk to a shake.. use water.
    Ive used Syntha-6 for years and ive always used water and the taste is just incredible. love it.
    1500+ club - sub 200

CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Uh...I use water. I don't like mixing it with milk. Trust me it tastes fine; especially when you use as little water as needed and just chug it.

stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephenjack3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive tried with water but i use milk for the extra protein and calories
    optimum nutrition 100% whey
    CL green mag
    1.M.R.
    multi

BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i almost never use milk because it makes my shake alittle chunky (dosent mix well)
    i use myofusion double chocolate and with water it mixes great and tastes great, im not sure whats in it but even with water it dosent taste watery it has a good consistancy

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by acote View Post
    Let me tell you something.. using milk for your shake isnt the best thinga t all..
    Whey protein is the milk protein without the lactose and the other junk... The protein is pure and easier to synthasize.

Adding milk to your shake is just not helping your proteins effectiveness. You souldn't add milk to a shake.. use water.
    Ive used Syntha-6 for years and ive always used water and the taste is just incredible. love it.
    what...? lol. now your just being nit-picky. it won't matter whether or not you use milk or water
    i just use milk for extra calories, never cared about taste.

to OP i've had shakes without milk and with milk their pretty much the same, doesn't taste bad.
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've read that it hinders the fast-absorption rate of whey protein when you add milk, but meh I don't think it's that big of a deal. I like to mix 1.5 scoops whey with 1/2 cup of skim milk and the rest water. Less Cals, better taste.

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Obviously milk tastes better. But for convenience purposes, I just put my why in a blender bottle then fill it up at the water fountain at my gym when Im done lifting.

ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ORIBB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ugh this water is very disgusting
    But if you're chopped preferably with milk to drink

realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zincton View Post
    what...? lol. now your just being nit-picky. it won't matter whether or not you use milk or water
    i just use milk for extra calories, never cared about taste.

to OP i've had shakes without milk and with milk their pretty much the same, doesn't taste bad.
    I wish some people would be a bit less selfish and would read a bit more on supplementation..

Milk is made up of whey and casein as the sources of it's protein composition. Therefore, whey protein is a component of milk. One of the advantages of whey protein is its ability to go through the digestion system very fast and get your muscles fed with protein within half an hour. Casein, the other protein found in milk, digests alot slower. So it could take up to over an hour to get protein to your muscles if you are consuming casein protein (or milk). Hence when you consume whey protein with milk, it is not bad, but it is defeating the purpose of why you would want to take the whey protein: the ability to digest fast.

I do know alot of people who mix whey with milk, b/c they purchase the whey dirt cheap (i.e. 10 lbs. bag of ON whey) and it helps them get the necessary protein for the day. But whey protein should not be mixed with milk right after a workout, the time when your muscles are craving protein and carbs to replenish glycogen stores and initiate protein synthesis.
    1500+ club - sub 200

d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by acote View Post
    I wish some people would be a bit less selfish and would read a bit more on supplementation..

Milk is made up of whey and casein as the sources of it's protein composition. Therefore, whey protein is a component of milk. One of the advantages of whey protein is its ability to go through the digestion system very fast and get your muscles fed with protein within half an hour. Casein, the other protein found in milk, digests alot slower. So it could take up to over an hour to get protein to your muscles if you are consuming casein protein (or milk). Hence when you consume whey protein with milk, it is not bad, but it is defeating the purpose of why you would want to take the whey protein: the ability to digest fast.

I do know alot of people who mix whey with milk, b/c they purchase the whey dirt cheap (i.e. 10 lbs. bag of ON whey) and it helps them get the necessary protein for the day. But whey protein should not be mixed with milk right after a workout, the time when your muscles are craving protein and carbs to replenish glycogen stores and initiate protein synthesis.
    Lol you got that from the losing fat forum.

But I agree nonetheless. Most people don't care about absorption speeds though; they just want more protein with less byproduct (fat, carbs, etc).

Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I only use water or juice, never milk.. I don't eat any dairy products, I'm no lactose intolerant or anything, its just that I've found eliminating these foods from my diet helps to keep me much leaner. I believe I've seen studies somewhere saying something about lactose being related to abdominal fat, don't quote me on that though.

CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHUISTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only use water. Milk is just for the flavor.. It taste just fine without it..

Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ekun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Roman_God View Post
    I only use water or juice, never milk.. I don't eat any dairy products, I'm no lactose intolerant or anything, its just that I've found eliminating these foods from my diet helps to keep me much leaner. I believe I've seen studies somewhere saying something about lactose being related to abdominal fat, don't quote me on that though.
    totally forgot about juice and i agree with you there. the only dairy products i eat are eggs very occasionally and yogurt for the probiotics. anyways, i'll try different juices.

Registered User optimusprimev20's Avatar
    optimusprimev20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the reason i am asking is b/c milk makes me pretty sick i guess im lactose intolerant so idk i never tried the lactose free milk before or whatever
    I use water all the time - i find it mixes easier...and for me it actually taste better (more water down cause i used alot of water) - i cant stand the taste of ANY protein shakes anyway so the more watered down it is the better (they just make all of them too damn sweet!) anyway i bought the unflavored protein before which is great! (no weird chemicals that pretend like their not sugar but actually are) It puzzles me however that the unflavored ones are more expensive...? youd think it was less since it uses less ingredients

S_I_D_H_U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your suppose to use water though (skim milk if u really want to). Some people do not drink milk because of the sugar (lactose) and the fat in it. The protein powder is somewhat like a milk substitute. If u take it with water, the protein will get transferred to your muscles faster after a workout. If you do not care about calories and macro-nutrients then just drink it with milk. I hope I helped a bit. XD