Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Why do I have this weird 'dip' between love handle and upper thigh? HATE it.

I know this is a very unflattering picture, I don't really want to read people's 'you look gross' comments, I would like advice from people who KNOW what they are talking about when it comes to fitness.

Anyway, I am so unhappy with my figure, mainly from behind. From the front it doesn't look as bad. I have lost 8 kg since last year at uni through healthy eating and going to the gym. I'd like to lose 5-8 kg more. The main problem I have is this weird 'dip' in between my love handles and upper thigh. It goes out at the lovehandle, then goes in quite drastically and back out again at my upper thigh. It seriously looks like someone has taken a bite out of my hip. I HATE how there is not one continuous curve. I know I need to further reduce my body fat, but I would still feel more confident if that was one streamlined curved, instead of being so weird and lumpy and bumpy. Makes me feel so unfeminine. It also makes me butt look 'square' shaped and it is horrible.

Is this 'dip' there because I still have excess fat around my midsection?? Or is that just my shape, like even if I were to lose a lot more weight, would it still be a dip or would it be more of a smooth curve, joining from the top of my hip to the thigh? Do I have small hip bones?? It seems like my hips forgot to develop and fill into that bit!! Is it something to do with having a really short torso and long legs? Is it because I don't do any weight training whatsoever (not even squats, lunges etc...no butt work...maybe that's why it looks a bit 'square'?? Although not sure butt exercises could help that weird 'dent'?)

I just hate it SO much and I am really self concious of it. I want a round, pert and big ass (I am Latina and feel like I missed out on the curvy gene)...why is it there and do you think it can go away with more fat loss (I fear I might look quite 'straight up and down' if I lose lots of weight, though)..............sorry this ended up being a bit long, wanted to explain myself clearly!

http://tinypic.com/r/2ilzxp3/3

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to keep cutting but part of it is due to your genetic structure.

As you lose weight, the look will improve. Squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and lunges are your friends

Train hard.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    I want a round, pert and big ass (I am Latina and feel like I missed out on the curvy gene)...

Well, anyway, I don't think anyone here will be able to help you with why your waist looks like someone took a bit from it

What I do believe is you should continue losing weight and lifting weights: you're still rather skinny fat. Obviously your ass won't get bigger when you're on a diet, but will start getting a nice shape ;-)

Btw, losing 8kg since last year is pretty slow weight loss rate heh. Hit the gym harder and aim for 1-2lb/week weight loss.

FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BTW, it looks normal to me .... u dont have a weird shape or anything, its becuz u have a considerable amount of abdominal fat hangin over creating the dip. Healthy nutrition and lower calorie consumption is your medical secret!
    --------------------------
    Current Notable Stats: (July 2010)
    275 LBS Flat Bench (6 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Incline (6 repz, 5 setz)
    185 LBS Standing Shoulder Press (6 repz, 5 setz)
    540 LBS Machine Leg Press (8 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Standing Barbell Squat (8 repz, 5 setz)
    135 LBS Calves Raise (8 repz, 5 setz)
    45 LBS Dumbells Lunges (8 repz, 5 setz)
    170 LBS Weighted Abs Crunch (15 repz, 10 setz)
    20 LBS Weighted Captain Chair Leg Raise (15 repz, 10 setz)

d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's just your waistline. Your love handles are exactly that, love handles. Your muffintop hangs over your waist because your fat is stored in your abdomen area not in your waistline. Most people who store most fat in their stomachs have this shape. ****, I used to. Just keep cutting weight and that overhanging muffintop will go away and your curves will smooth out and you can show off dat ass.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    did you put on weight while wearing tight pants? the last time i put on a ton of weight in my gut, my pants got real tight and you could see a major difference where i would keep my pants. Pretty much the line around where i would keep my pants (belly button level) was a permanent dent in the fat. However, after going back down again it got better.

grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its your pelvic bone and due to yuor genetics you obviously don't develop as much fat there as upper thighs and lower obliques. I have the same thing sort of. I get fat on my thighs and stomach and sides but I don't get really any fat on my pelvic bone area.

only solution is to keep at the weight loss and it it will get better, promise

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's normal, you have fat on your waist and on your hips, but fat isn't going to accumulate much in that between area.

kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I hope it is just the case of me having to lose more body fat. Here are some pics from the front, so you can really see what I am talking about. I am starting to think even if I were to lose weight, that dip would be still there, maybe it's just my shape? I think I will end up looking pretty boyish, which I hope I won't...I WANT HIPS...but we shall see.

http://tinypic.com/r/vsj85w/3 (ugh)

In these 2 pics I am pushing some fat into the place where I wish it would fill out! In my opinion it makes a big difference and looks so much better, giving my hips a 'rounder' and curvier look....(even if I still have too much body fat, I think that gap being filled in gives a much more feminine shape)

http://tinypic.com/r/2qx6hw8/3

http://tinypic.com/r/107j1np/3

AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I hope it is just the case of me having to lose more body fat. Here are some pics from the front, so you can really see what I am talking about. I am starting to think even if I were to lose weight, that dip would be still there, maybe it's just my shape? I think I will end up looking pretty boyish, which I hope I won't...I WANT HIPS...but we shall see.

http://tinypic.com/r/vsj85w/3 (ugh)

In these 2 pics I am pushing some fat into the place where I wish it would fill out! In my opinion it makes a big difference and looks so much better, giving my hips a 'rounder' and curvier look....(even if I still have too much body fat, I think that gap being filled in gives a much more feminine shape)

http://tinypic.com/r/2qx6hw8/3

http://tinypic.com/r/107j1np/3
    Relax lol you look fineee. Just keep sticking to a solid diet and keep at the cardio and im sure you'll like what you see.

&quot;GO BIG OR GO HOME&quot; 208-need-175's Avatar
    208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    notsureifsrs.jpg

+cliffs
    "Your not your ****ing khaki's."

"If your not growing your stagnating."

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From a chics perspective, I hate to break it to you, but you will have to lose a good bit of weight for it to go away. I couldnt get the front pics to load, but, I have a good idea of what you are talking about. You appear to be more of an apple shape rather than hour glass... and I do think you have missed out on the latina gene. The only way to MINIMIZE it is to just keep losing fat. I have a more defined waist (and a different shape) than you do and I still have that "some one bit my lovehandle in half" look. I personally attribute it to jeans... meaning the kind that you wear. I have always noticed that this is the exact spot that the waist band of my jeans hits.... and back when I was 190, the waist was pretty tight.... right there. I wonder if all those teen years of wearing jeans that pulled at my waist there sort of formed a banding in the fascia under the skin? It really feels under my skin like it is "attatched."

Like all the other helpful suggestions, the only way to help is to lose more fat. I am at about 22-23% bf and mine is still there its less evident for sure, but not gone.... think I will have to et to about 19-20 or less for it to be completely gone .

Congrats on your weight loss so far and just remember that with hard work and a strict diet, it will eventually happen, maybe not in the time frame we want, but eventually!
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    From a chics perspective, I hate to break it to you, but you will have to lose a good bit of weight for it to go away. I couldnt get the front pics to load, but, I have a good idea of what you are talking about. You appear to be more of an apple shape rather than hour glass... and I do think you have missed out on the latina gene. The only way to MINIMIZE it is to just keep losing fat. I have a more defined waist (and a different shape) than you do and I still have that "some one bit my lovehandle in half" look. I personally attribute it to jeans... meaning the kind that you wear. I have always noticed that this is the exact spot that the waist band of my jeans hits.... and back when I was 190, the waist was pretty tight.... right there. I wonder if all those teen years of wearing jeans that pulled at my waist there sort of formed a banding in the fascia under the skin? It really feels under my skin like it is "attatched."

Like all the other helpful suggestions, the only way to help is to lose more fat. I am at about 22-23% bf and mine is still there its less evident for sure, but not gone.... think I will have to et to about 19-20 or less for it to be completely gone .

Congrats on your weight loss so far and just remember that with hard work and a strict diet, it will eventually happen, maybe not in the time frame we want, but eventually!
    Thanks for the advice. Guess all I can do is lose more fat and hopefully things smooth out, creating that curve I want. However, I am not really sure what "shape" I am - try the front pictures again...to me I don't look 'apple shaped', I look more like a deformed pear (if that dent had been filled in, wouldn't be a 'deformed pear', lol). I gain weight on my stomach and thighs. I don't have must of a waist because I have a really short torso and long legs. My legs and arms are slim (I thought 'apples' tend to store fat in their arms?), and my boobs are not big (a 'pear' characteristic) but I suppose my shoulders are bigger in comparison to my hips? So, no idea really. My measurements are now 34-28-38. Am I still apple shaped? I think if I lost more weight I may end up being 'ruler' shaped, where there is not much of a waist and the figure is quite straight up and down. Would you say I am still apple shaped?

samiam1272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    from what I can tell, your perfectly fine. some girls have a little dip there, some don't. its mostly cause of the fat around the love handles. if you lose more fat, the upper bulge with come in closer to your body, and your butt will come in and take more shape, and then you will have a more of a flow line. there may still be a slight dip, but bring your fat down a bit and there won't be anything unsexy about your shape. work on building muscle around abs and lower body, and your shape will improve even more.

OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OnLettingGo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't see it. The black square is in the way.

howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    post that in the misc they will give you great advice : ) : ) : ) : )
    Snapback wearing gym rat for life
    {({({({({({(Misc Ferret Crew)})})})})})})})

Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd be more worried about that black line that seems to be going right up your -

>.>
    <.<

But seriously, you look fine. Keep cutting, it'll even out.
    = Misc Anxiety Crew =
    = Miscin From Work Crew =
    = Keto Crew =

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, "huge success!"
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

You aren't in starvation mode
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_mode

Originally Posted by samiam1272 View Post
    from what I can tell, your perfectly fine. some girls have a little dip there, some don't. its mostly cause of the fat around the love handles. if you lose more fat, the upper bulge with come in closer to your body, and your butt will come in and take more shape, and then you will have a more of a flow line. there may still be a slight dip, but bring your fat down a bit and there won't be anything unsexy about your shape. work on building muscle around abs and lower body, and your shape will improve even more.
    Thanks - how much fat do you think I need to lose? 10-20 lbs? I am currently 61.5 kg and last time I checked was 30% BF.

JC11711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same thing Latina, 5'4 but I weigh 145 lbs. after reading the comments here... I guess I need to loose weight... But I'm already very skinny for being 145... What should I do?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JC11711 View Post
    I have the same thing Latina, 5'4 but I weigh 145 lbs. after reading the comments here... I guess I need to loose weight... But I'm already very skinny for being 145... What should I do?
    old thread bump, but anyways you probably just have high hip bones which exaggerate the look even further. Dropping bodyfat to being lean is usually enough with resistance training. 14 isnt exactly skinny on most 5'4 girls, unless you have really good genetics you can probably drop around 20 pounds but cant see what you look like.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

kathypaige has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FrosteaTT View Post
    BTW, it looks normal to me .... u dont have a weird shape or anything, its becuz u have a considerable amount of abdominal fat hangin over creating the dip. Healthy nutrition and lower calorie consumption is your medical secret!
    no thats not true its doesnt matter your weight im 115 pounds and i have that same problem its just the way your body is.

epomales01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem and your progress looks great. Can you please tell me what you've done to start getting a more rounder hip. Thanks! Spread the help to other girls with the same problem.

valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50) valkaree will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by epomales01 View Post
    I have the same problem and your progress looks great. Can you please tell me what you've done to start getting a more rounder hip. Thanks! Spread the help to other girls with the same problem.
    Yup, lose the fat. Seriously, just diet and exercise.

CReneeH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't exactly know when this was posted but don't try to lose weight to fix that. It will not work. It will get deeper the more weight you lose. Do wide sumo squats. It will should make that dip straighten out or even get round. It depends on how much you do it and how round you want to be in that area.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CReneeH View Post
    I don't exactly know when this was posted but don't try to lose weight to fix that. It will not work. It will get deeper the more weight you lose. Do wide sumo squats. It will should make that dip straighten out or even get round. It depends on how much you do it and how round you want to be in that area.
    first of all, this is like a 3 year old thread originally. secondly, losing fat (therefor weight) WOULD fix that problem. it's called muffin top simple as that. and it won't get any deeper b/c the 'dips' are practically skin on top of muscle/bone with pretty much no fat.

building overall muscle + having low body fat solves almost every visual body problem out there.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    building overall muscle + having low body fat solves almost every visual body problem out there.

except my bitch hips
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    except my bitch hips
    idk if you just took flattering angle pics or what, but the ones you posted yesterday/day before yesterday looked like normal hips to me.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Mina82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Happy to read this.

I the same body type (with a lit more weight to lose) and I'm super embarassed of my shape. I'm currently hitting the gym 3 times a week to make a healthier me but my MAIN goal is to rid myself of the aweful shape. This seems to be the hardest body type to reshape but with some of the comments posted here I realize its not entirely possible.

loufromlou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mina82 View Post
    I the same body type (with a lit more weight to lose) and I'm super embarassed of my shape. I'm currently hitting the gym 3 times a week to make a healthier me but my MAIN goal is to rid myself of the aweful shape. This seems to be the hardest body type to reshape but with some of the comments posted here I realize its not entirely possible.
    I hate my shape too. I am 5"9.5" and only 138 and pretty skinny all over and I have this dent instead of my hips being a smooth curve. I have a long torso and high hip bones. The edges of my thighs stick out a bit too so my whole middle section looks effing whack and the skinnier i get the worse it looks and i'm losing my tits and ass too. argh :/

usually its from people wearing overly tight clothing, it deforms the fat around the area, you can notice this as you look at the line of your pants, take them off and see exactly where they were sitting, its ALWAYS the cause of the dip.