nofd1236 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nashville 9/11 110 story stair climb

Hey everyone,

i am a firefighter in the nashville area and i am going to honor my 343 fallen brothers on 9/11 by doing the annual national 110 story stair climb as was completed by those men on that terrible day...... Only one problem.... Im not use to climbing 110 stories of stairs with 60-80 extra lbs on my body yet alone just body weight... I have 49 days till the climb.... What do you guys suggest as far as conditioning for this... I have been running 3 miles a day at a pace of like 5-6 mph... Just as a base... I also workout at the gym free weights doing high intensity training for about 3 or 4 times a week.......... But i dont think this is just gonna cut it..... Any advice????????

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depends how many stories can you climb now, you can periodize that to get to 110 stories.

vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vaporxx188 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    theres a lot of different workouts you could do to prepare for this. keep in mind, youre not going to be able to practice climbing 110 stairs a few times in 49 days. if i were in your position i would base my workout on something like the following ideas

Workout 1
    Weighted step up (each leg) pyramid:
    Start with 30-40#
    1st set: 50
    2nd set: 75
    3rd set: 100
    4th set: 75
    5th set: 50
    *Complete as fast as possible and only resting as little as possible. Add reps, sets, and weight as you progress

Workout 2
    Bleacher/Stair runs with weight, 30-40#
    With a 10 minute running clock
    -Complete as many sets of bleachers/stairs as possible
    -rest 2minutes
    -repeat 2 more times
    *Again add weight, reps, and sets as you progress.

Workout 3
    With your gear on superset
    -400m run and 50m walking lunges
    -5 rounds of this as fast as you can, little rest
    *scale weight, reps, sets, as needed

Cardio is important, but you need to be able to perform a large work load under a short amount of time. To change it up every so often go run some stair cases and see how many you can get in an hour.

hope this helps
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

"When you eat like everyone else, you look like everyone else"

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

nofd1236 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes, this helps alot actually... your right, i dont realistically have a place to practice this so i will have to make do with the resources i have. I have thought of purchasing a 50-75 lbs weight vest to use instead of gear to practice in bc its equivalent to the same weight but not as demanding on your body with the heat build up inside of my gear. its 100 degrees today in nashville so practicing in full gear outside could get me in serious danger.........any other ideas for this venture?