Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Body Solid GPR378 vs BodyCraft F430

Yes, I used the search feature and read everything I could find under these 2 benches.
    My problem is I didn't really find an answer and I have to make a decision tomorrow.
    I cannot find either of these racks locally so I have to buy sight unseen at least unseen in person.
    Our local companies have Smith and Jones machines on the floor not Power racks.

Body Solid is offering me a killer deal, basically they will sell me the GPR378 Power Rack a GDIP59 Dip Station, an Olympic Plate Tree WT46 and AB Slings for the same money as the
    BodyCraft F430 with Dip handles.

Since I haven't seen either of these and my wife is going to use it, she's not exactly benching 400 lbs.

Is the Body Solid deal better than just getting a BodyCraft F430 cage.
    BodyCraft seems to get great reviews. I don't see Body Solid getting as good reviews as BodyCraft. I'd like to hear from people who own one or the other if possible.
    Powertec is out, it's just too high and my wife wants a straight chin up bar.
    Sorry I can't post links yet or I would.

Any thoughts/advice would be great.
    Thanks

labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    where are you getting this deal at? i wouldnt mind either of these racks

the only thing i see is the bodycraft has some weird tubing 2inchx3inch i think, might be a problem getting other access.

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by labuski View Post
    where are you getting this deal at? i wouldnt mind either of these racks

the only thing i see is the bodycraft has some weird tubing 2inchx3inch i think, might be a problem getting other access.
    Call Tory at Body Solid direct and ask for him specifically. The number is on their website.
    So you think the Body Solid is a good deal?
    My wife wants to do a lot of work on the chin up bar but I've heard stories about the BS cage wobbling. maybe that was fixed? Those posts were in 2008.

labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cadz View Post
    Call Tory at Body Solid direct and ask for him specifically. The number is on their website.
    So you think the Body Solid is a good deal?
    My wife wants to do a lot of work on the chin up bar but I've heard stories about the BS cage wobbling. maybe that was fixed? Those posts were in 2008.
    if you make sure everything is tight, there shouldn't be any problem with wobbling, plus if its your wife doing the chin ups, shes so lightweight the rack would think there was a fly on it. If you do have any type of wobble just load a bar up with some poundage on the opposite side.

Are you getting this stuff shipped or are you picking it up? Can i get any kind of pricing as I am just about ready for a new rack.

fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) fellipe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I own the f430 and it feels real solid. Nothing to complain. Great rack

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here's a review on the current body solid pro-power rack ( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121812461 ).
    Do you have the room for the separate dip station? If yes, then I'd go with the Body-Solid. You get more accessories.

oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably wouldn't mind either one but I'm partial to Body Solid.

I've got the older generation Body Solid pro power rack in white. Spotters and hooks have the pop pins.

I like this new one in that the holes go all the way thru the uprights, which my current one does not. I'd like to add J hooks on the front outside and thus can't due to this shortfall.
    Other than that, I've had mine about 12 years and love it; I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    When people say the bodysolid wobbles they are usually talking about the Powerline which is the cheapest rack on the market for $150 less than any other rack it is good but it isn't nearly as good s the rack you are looking at which is a nice solid piece.

The racks are probably equal in quality with the bodycraft having pop pins so it is slightly easier to use. With the extras you are getting I would go with the Body Solid set-up though.

I have the older body solid and find it very sturdy and has no wobble to it that I could point to.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldline70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like that the Bodycraft F430 has the cable crossover attachment. It's more money, sure, but from what I've heard it makes the rack even more solid.

It's nice to have the 2 pieces consolidated. Wish BS offered the same type of option.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I don't think they make the cable cross for the rack anymore.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by labuski View Post
    if you make sure everything is tight, there shouldn't be any problem with wobbling, plus if its your wife doing the chin ups, shes so lightweight the rack would think there was a fly on it. If you do have any type of wobble just load a bar up with some poundage on the opposite side.

Are you getting this stuff shipped or are you picking it up? Can i get any kind of pricing as I am just about ready for a new rack.
    Send me a PM. Body Solid totally blew me away with their pricing. But not sure about posting it publically.

Originally Posted by fellipe View Post
    I own the f430 and it feels real solid. Nothing to complain. Great rack
    Thanks, btw what other racks did you compare it to? Just curious.

Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Here's a review on the current body solid pro-power rack
    Do you have the room for the separate dip station? If yes, then I'd go with the Body-Solid. You get more accessories.
    Thanks for the review, it didn't come up on a search.....
    I haven't measured for the Dip Station but they are throwing in even more equipment so I have to measure for that as well.

Originally Posted by oldline70 View Post
    Probably wouldn't mind either one but I'm partial to Body Solid.

I've got the older generation Body Solid pro power rack in white. Spotters and hooks have the pop pins.

I like this new one in that the holes go all the way thru the uprights, which my current one does not. I'd like to add J hooks on the front outside and thus can't due to this shortfall.
    Other than that, I've had mine about 12 years and love it; I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.
    It's hard to pass up such a smoking deal from Body Solid.

But my wife likes the pop pins on the F430.
    Too bad I can't see either of these in person.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    When people say the bodysolid wobbles they are usually talking about the Powerline which is the cheapest rack on the market for $150 less than any other rack it is good but it isn't nearly as good s the rack you are looking at which is a nice solid piece.

The racks are probably equal in quality with the bodycraft having pop pins so it is slightly easier to use. With the extras you are getting I would go with the Body Solid set-up though.

I have the older body solid and find it very sturdy and has no wobble to it that I could point to.
    Thanks Wildtim, I wouldn't buy a Powerline too low end for quality for my tastes.
    Since the Titan Squat/Dip rack is out it's between these 2 pieces.
    Stellar deal on Body Solid but the F430 looks nice as well.
    So far no real negatives on either unit (makes a choice tougher)

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hmmmm, this deal you're getting seems almost too good to be true. That's in the neighborhood of $900 worth of equipment for $600......really?

I have the Bodycraft power cage and I absolutely love it. I can't say I wouldn't ever get rid of it, but the only thing I'd even think about replacing it with is some sort of monster rack from Elite, Rogue, or those Texas Power System (I think that's right).

That said, if I was in your shoes.....I'd take the Bodysolid.

I like my rack because its very stable, it has pop pin safeties, it has rubber on the safeties/j hooks, and it has the crossover attachment (I do own it). The Body Solid is from all accounts very stable, the new safeties aren't as quick....but they are nicer/quicker than sabers, you can add rubber to it, and I'm not even sure if you can get the crossover attachment for the Bodycraft anymore......so this may make them even in that regard. If you can get it, well.......its still expensive and if you have the room and really want a CO.....just get a stand alone.

The only true and important advantage of the Bodycraft is the crossover and that may not even be an issue. Unless that crossover is VERY important to you, the Body Solid is the cage you should buy.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Hmmmm, this deal you're getting seems almost too good to be true. That's in the neighborhood of $900 worth of equipment for $600......really?

I have the Bodycraft power cage and I absolutely love it. I can't say I wouldn't ever get rid of it, but the only thing I'd even think about replacing it with is some sort of monster rack from Elite, Rogue, or those Texas Power System (I think that's right).

That said, if I was in your shoes.....I'd take the Bodysolid.

I like my rack because its very stable, it has pop pin safeties, it has rubber on the safeties/j hooks, and it has the crossover attachment (I do own it). The Body Solid is from all accounts very stable, the new safeties aren't as quick....but they are nicer/quicker than sabers, you can add rubber to it, and I'm not even sure if you can get the crossover attachment for the Bodycraft anymore......so this may make them even in that regard. If you can get it, well.......its still expensive and if you have the room and really want a CO.....just get a stand alone.

The only true and important advantage of the Bodycraft is the crossover and that may not even be an issue. Unless that crossover is VERY important to you, the Body Solid is the cage you should buy.
    Yeah it's really an awesome deal, not sure if we have enough room for everything.
    My wife likes the Pop pin safeties and the F430 is a bit bigger cage.
    Body Solid is offering a stellar deal, but it's hard to pull the trigger when you haven't seen the rack in person.
    I'm sure a stand alone dip stand is better than handles attached to the cage.
    We will not be adding any cable systems Lats or crossovers.
    I found out from Bodycraft that the rubber kept pealing off the Body Solid racks. I guess they don't bother with it any more.
    Decisions decisions. hopefully we will make the right one.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah it's really an awesome deal, not sure if we have enough room for everything.
    My wife likes the Pop pin safeties and the F430 is a bit bigger cage.
    Body Solid is offering a stellar deal, but it's hard to pull the trigger when you haven't seen the rack in person.
    I'm sure a stand alone dip stand is better than handles attached to the cage.
    We will not be adding any cable systems Lats or crossovers.
    I found out from Bodycraft that the rubber kept pealing off the Body Solid racks. I guess they don't bother with it any more.
    Decisions decisions. hopefully we will make the right one.

This isn't quite as difficult as say buying a luxury vehicle or a pillow top mattress. The rack isn't doing the work, its just a device to hold the bar when you aren't and to keep you from breaking your face when you can't hold it.

There are several things to consider; but the high points are price, size, stability, ease of use, quality, accessories, pull up bar, and hole placement.

The pop pin safeties are the probably the biggest difference in these racks....I love mine, but would still choose your deal on the Body Solid if it were me. There are a few bells and whistles here and there that can be compared, but if you're getting the deal you say you are then they shouldn't matter much; the Body Solid is the way to go.

If you don't anticipate needing the CO, the decision is even easier. As far as the dip options, the stand alone may be a "better" option, but who knows. I weigh about 228 lbs and occasionally use a weight belt for dips on the BC rack......I've had no problems whatsoever.

I've never heard of anyone bad mouthing the Body Solid rack here (the big one, not the powerline model). I don't see how you could possibly go wrong or be disappointed with that choice.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

This isn't quite as difficult as say buying a luxury vehicle or a pillow top mattress. The rack isn't doing the work, its just a device to hold the bar when you aren't and to keep you from breaking your face when you can't hold it.

There are several things to consider; but the high points are price, size, stability, ease of use, quality, accessories, pull up bar, and hole placement.

The pop pin safeties are the probably the biggest difference in these racks....I love mine, but would still choose your deal on the Body Solid if it were me. There are a few bells and whistles here and there that can be compared, but if you're getting the deal you say you are then they shouldn't matter much; the Body Solid is the way to go.

If you don't anticipate needing the CO, the decision is even easier. As far as the dip options, the stand alone may be a "better" option, but who knows. I weigh about 228 lbs and occasionally use a weight belt for dips on the BC rack......I've had no problems whatsoever.

I've never heard of anyone bad mouthing the Body Solid rack here (the big one, not the powerline model). I don't see how you could possibly go wrong or be disappointed with that choice.
    I agree with you the biggest difference is the pop pins and my wife really likes that feature. I spoke with the BodyCraft factory rep for over an hour. Nice guy, knows his equipment and other brands quite well.
    He sent me some detailed closeups although I didn't see any of the crush plates. But he did talk about 1/4" steel backing on both sides.
    For certain BodyCraft is well built and Body Solid is as well.
    My wife doesn't want a crossover or a lat.
    The biggest issue is size, as Cadz is so small the height of the safeties over her chest is very important. That is the biggest issue.
    There is a store about 90 miles away that has an F430 on the floor. We might drive down to look at it. The Pop pins are a factor as well.
    I've never read anywhere about a Body Solid or BodyCraft Cage breaking under use.
    So they are both durable.
    I think a dip station should be angled, but not many of them are. We are really pushing for space in the workout room with the huge Body Solid Leg Extension bench I bought on Craigslist.
    My wife likes doing dumbbells outside of the cage and standing. I think she's going to have to learn to do them in the cage. The problem is where will the mirrors go.
    She needs to keep an eye on her form and for her that means 3 mirrors; left, right and center.
    But that has nothing to do with the rack.

lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The biggest issue is size, as Cadz is so small the height of the safeties over her chest is very important. That is the biggest issue.
    Concerning the height of the safeties, you can place something in the rack to raise the bench up so that the safeties are the proper height for her (both safety-wise and to get a full range of motion). I'm pretty sure I've read here on the boards that a few people have done that.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lemieux66c View Post
    Concerning the height of the safeties, you can place something in the rack to raise the bench up so that the safeties are the proper height for her (both safety-wise and to get a full range of motion). I'm pretty sure I've read here on the boards that a few people have done that.
    Plywood or rubber mats work very well to accomplish this.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

A friend of mine has the 378 and I've done plenty of pullups and other weights work on it, it's very, very solid. If it's assembled right it doesn't wobble at all. I suspect the wobbly reviews were definately on the Powerline models.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Cadz, did you get my PM? As for the height of the safeties, that should not be a problem on most racks. The height is really determined by bench height and not the girth of the person. I know on my Eagle Fitness rack, I raise the safety bars a few notches above their lowest position to protect my neck. But I still have the safeties low enough for the bar freely to touch my chest.

Concerning the dip option, my Eagle Fitness rack has dip bars that are just like the BodyCraft one. However, I still purchased the Body Solid Dip Station for superior comfort on my hands. But I weigh over 200lbs and plan to use a dip belt with added weight. Your wife is relatively light, so the included dip bars on the racks might feel okay for her.
    Last edited by justinluck; 07-20-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Originally Posted by lemieux66c View Post
    We bought the bench so her feet could reach the floor with no problem. I guess a horsemat in there would help if needed.

Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    Hey Cadz, did you get my PM? As for the height of the safeties, that should not be a problem on most racks. The height is really determined by bench height and not the girth of the person. I know on my Eagle Fitness rack, I raise the safety bars a few notches above their lowest position to protect my neck. But I still have the safeties low enough for the bar freely to touch my chest.

Concerning the dip option, my Eagle Fitness rack has dip bars that are just like the BodyCraft one. However, I still purchased the Body Solid Dip Station for superior comfort on my hands. But I weigh over 200lbs and plan to use a dip belt with added weight. Your wife is relatively light, so the included dip bars on the racks might feel okay for her.
    Hi, actually I'm Steve and my wife is Cadz. I did get a few PM's I think I answered them all. I will double check. Cadz has been super busy and still trying to get everything done. I know a dedicated dip station would be best. The problem is room to put it. She still has to do her core with crunches on the floor so she does need that room. Plus we are heavily leaning towards the Pop pins on the F430.
    Body Solid is offering such a great deal, so it's tempting either way. I think if we were able to see both of these in person the decision would be so much easier.

If you're really liking the pop-pin safeties......don't worry about the dip handles on the F430. Like I said, I'm a bit over 200lbs and I use extra weight.....those handles are fine and they are not uncomfortable at all. If you have limited room and you really like the safeties (which I don't blame you for, I like them too), then the Bodycraft is going to be fine for you.

You can get the rack, handles, a tree, and some ab straps for around $700.....so not that much more than the deal you're getting from Bodysolid.

I think the Bodysolid is the better deal, but again you can't go wrong here on the quality of these racks. You're going to be happy either way. If spending a bit more for a bit less stuff is ok for you, since you're getting exactly what you want and saving some space.....then go that route. I've had my rack for over a year and a half and the only thing I don't like about it is I can't overhead press inside of it. It is a very nice piece of equipment.

Don't stress too much over this, I'm telling you.....you can't screw this up. The pop-pin safeties are nicer (IMO), but heck, some people hate them. Those new safeties they have on the BS are a wonderful compromise between pop-pins and sabers.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love popping them pins!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I can see that both Racks are very good but in the end it came down to the convenience of the Pop pins. So we bought the BodyCraft F430. My wife figures she will adjust everything often enough that it was worth spending the extra money for them. We also got the dip handles. If that doesn't work out we will see where we can squeeze in a dedicated dip station.
    Cadz ideally wants a leg press so we have to factor the room required for that!

I will say this, Body Solid offered me an awesome deal and no question I will be buying other stuff from them. I've already bought a lot of Body Solid as it is and will buy more in the future.

The Power Rack is the one piece of equipment that has to be right. It's the centerpiece.
    I will try and posta review and maybe some assembly pics. There is nothing on YouTube so we might do a video and put something up on there as well.

I'm still wondering if I should have bought the other set of J hooks but with our limited room I passed on it.

Thanks again everyone.
    Steve & Cadz

You'll not be disappointed, good luck.

On the J Hooks, what does your limited space have to do with that? Personally....and I highly suggest you do this....I'd call them back immediately and order them. They're $50, which seems like a lot, but they are very nice to have on the front (mine are on the front, but oriented to the inside). Remember, because of the way the hooks are made, you can't take them on/off like most racks....if you want to move them, you have to unbolt the uprights from the cross members....yea, that's not a pain or impractical .

Oh, you can get some ab straps for around $25 shipped on Amazon. These are Valeo's and I have a pair, I can vouch for them as they are very nice. There is another deal out there for some cheaper ones, I can't link you or confirm their quality, but some good guys around here have said they are good too.

I'd check craigslist for that weight tree, or go to a Dick's. You can get really nice ones online for around $100, but that is really overkill for a tree.

Congrats.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

You'll not be disappointed, good luck.

On the J Hooks, what does your limited space have to do with that? Personally....and I highly suggest you do this....I'd call them back immediately and order them. They're $50, which seems like a lot, but they are very nice to have on the front (mine are on the front, but oriented to the inside). Remember, because of the way the hooks are made, you can't take them on/off like most racks....if you want to move them, you have to unbolt the uprights from the cross members....yea, that's not a pain or impractical .

Oh, you can get some ab straps for around $25 shipped on Amazon. These are Valeo's and I have a pair, I can vouch for them as they are very nice. There is another deal out there for some cheaper ones, I can't link you or confirm their quality, but some good guys around here have said they are good too.

I'd check craigslist for that weight tree, or go to a Dick's. You can get really nice ones online for around $100, but that is really overkill for a tree.

Congrats.
    Thanks, I'm sure Cadz will love the Rack.
    We are looking at buying the Body Solid AB Blasters. My wife tried them at a local store and thought they were great.
    By limited room, I mean the back of the Rack will be close to the wall so the 2nd set of J hooks wouldn't get much use except for bar storage.
    If we had more room then she could use the back of the rack as well.
    I'm waiting on the weight tree mostly because I have enough stuff to build and I want to be sure I have the room for it and know where I'll put it.
    Gotta have an olympic weight tree tho.
    Saw a decent one on Craigslist for $30 for 2 trees but the guy never answered his email.
    Ah well....